Guide to surviving as Poland in 1939 Historic World War (unfinished)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Guide to surviving as Poland in 1939 Historic World War (unfinished)

In the historic world war map, surviving, and winning, as Poland is VERY HARD. You are surrounded by two superpowers and it is very likely that one, or maybe even both of them will attack you.

In order to survive, you want to ally with both of them. If you ally with them, then you can focus on expanding into Slovakia, Latvia, and maybe Danzig.

But most likely at least one of them will attack you. If one of them does, this is what you should do:

IF GERMANY ATTACKS:

Germany is the strongest nation in the game, so you have to be quick. If you ever played as Germany, you might know that the province of Kustin on the polish border has no units. If you are Poland, I will recommend you send some motorized units and tanks there and then rush to Berlin, which at the start is only defended by one infantry. Once you are inside of the country, you can wreak havoc. Almost all of Germany's units start near the west or the east, with little to nothing in the middle. So once you get inside of the country, you can use your fast units to conquer him from the inside. Remember only to use fast units to attack as you want to be quick. Many of Germany's big stacks have militias and he might not know to split the stack, you do not want his reinforcements to arrive.

IF SOVIET ATTACKS:

I will complete this part later.
    • I have done this many times before and honestly a good deal of luck is involved. Building up forces is important as poland can overtake germany in terms of milatary size if it can produce more. Being allied with the USSR is important for taking out Germany and likewise being allied with (or taking out) Germany is essential for beating the USSR.

This is the end of when I did a map like this. At the end I just used it as a game for testing special tech.
    • The most important thing about resisting Germany as Poland is persistence. You need to keep on going even if your capital or many of your cities are taken. You will want to withdraw most troops from exposed postions and form a defense line. Usually players who control Poland stop resisting after day 1. However, the enemy will be both confused and shocked if you do keep resisting. Build artillery and some planes to eliminate German troops without having to confront their medium tank divisions. Try to keep the cities under your control. After you cause great casualties to germans. Then you could launch a counterattack. Try to aim for their capital and other major cities. This will cripple their resources and millitary. Try to convince some ally like Soviet Union or France to attack Germany along with you.
    • really informative thread, will try these tactics as poland in historic and defend against such rushes by poland as germany
      i will gladly wait for USSR post.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • whowh wrote:

I have done this many times before and honestly a good deal of luck is involved. Building up forces is important as poland can overtake germany in terms of milatary size if it can produce more. Being allied with the USSR is important for taking out Germany and likewise being allied with (or taking out) Germany is essential for beating the USSR.

This is the end of when I did a map like this. At the end I just used it as a game for testing special tech.
      The border gore...
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!