Heavy fighters

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Not convinced :)

1. You're paying more for that HP. Get 2 AT guns. That's even more HP.
      2. Armor class, I'll give you that. It will survive longer against other armor.
      But it's be more vulnerable against air, and against artillery, the most common offensive weapons.
      Don't know about you, but I'm more afraid of bombers and artillery.
      3. Heavy tanks defend better against armor, light and medium defend better against infantry.
      Attack is a tie between AT guns and TD's.

I guess it comes down to situation and doctrine.
      Allies have a boosted TD, Comintern have a boosted AT gun.
      AT guns are available earlier, and you don't need a tank plant to build them.
      This is a big deal in the early game, if you can switch from artillery to AT guns in an emergency.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Pine of England wrote:

Never built a TD? You're missing out. Easily the best armoured vehicle.
      Can you elaborate?

To me, it's an overpriced AT gun.
      1. Both are great at armor defense, terrible at everything else.
      2. Both are slow. Yeah, the TD is a bit faster, but not by enough.
      3. Both are hidden units, great at setting an ambush in forests and cities.

Why pay more resources, especially oil, to research and build an ambush defender?
      Why burn oil every day on a unit that's sitting still waiting for a tank to stumble into it?
      Attack with artillery, defend the artillery with TD paired with militia or infantry. Defensively, TDs wipe the floor with tanks. They're welcome to ignore the TD of course - and I'm welcome to keep bombarding them into oblivion.

Additionally, I like to keep my core cities defended. Throwing a TD in there does great things for a defending garrison.

I seldom make use of other armoured units, mainly only ACs (for quickly capturing territory, and overwhelmtion(?) tactics), unless I'm deliberately using something outside of my comfort zone to spice things up.