Expansion Penalty - Why?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Zaktty wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Can someone explain the best way to counter the expansion penalty? It's extremely annoying at best, and the only way to counter it is with Propaganda Offices. How should I lay out them? Only in cities, or in rural areas too?
      I don't use them, just drop units on the way, if the morale trend is stable or decreasing build propaganda offices, but take lots of provinces then the capital and it should be fine
      I don’t use POs either. I just make sure I capture a capital a day, preferably just before day change. If I don’t think I’ll be able to on a given day in the very late game, I’ll consider POs, but that’s a rare situation.
    • Building PO's costs stuff, taking capitals earns stuff. You make the choice.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Hmm you guys have a point but the effect is temporary isn't it? You always need to have a constant supply of capitals to conquer, whilst POs are set.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Hmm you guys have a point but the effect is temporary isn't it? You always need to have a constant supply of capitals to conquer, whilst POs are set.
      It depends on your style of play. Personally I usually take out an AI or two on days one and two for the morale boost taking a capital gives. That improves resource production to give you a head start. Then I leave them alone after that and focus on active players. Usually declaring war on a small AI in the mid game isn’t worth the popularity hit you’ll take. Then if you have a few small AIs left on your boarders you can go after one with a very small force in the late game to ensure you take a capital before day change.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Hmm you guys have a point but the effect is temporary isn't it? You always need to have a constant supply of capitals to conquer, whilst POs are set.
      Usually declaring war on a small AI in the mid game isn’t worth the popularity hit you’ll take.
      Heh, I don't agree with that part... as said above, you need to have a constant supply. You can't rely on actives, especially not about taking them just before DC. The reputation thing may be bad (in the end game I often find myself hated so much that any AI who shares a border fraction somewhere declares on me within a few hours), but really, the AI's are horrible at tactics and having like six wars with them really isn't much of a problem.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Usually declaring war on a small AI in the mid game isn’t worth the popularity hit you’ll take.
      Heh, I don't agree with that part... as said above, you need to have a constant supply. You can't rely on actives, especially not about taking them just before DC. The reputation thing may be bad (in the end game I often find myself hated so much that any AI who shares a border fraction somewhere declares on me within a few hours), but really, the AI's are horrible at tactics and having like six wars with them really isn't much of a problem.
      It's situational, but yes, constant supply of capitals and steady growth is best. I often find myself with strategically located small AIs who gave ROW; it's often worth preserving for an element of surprise.