Formidable nations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jan Schlegel wrote:

Little Racoon wrote:

OutsiderJoe wrote:

I agree, but you can form like the basic empires like the Cuban Empire, or the Democratic Republic of Cuba or maybe Caribbean federation or just Greater Cuba can be a great name, also this is just optional.
      And what you said about the doctrines is what I disagree with the most. When the German army lost ww2, the Soviets converted them to a soviet styled army and the West German army became more American based.

Also, there is no "commanders, generals" in CoW so the army wouldn't change, and there will be a limit with the doctrine switches like you can switch to only one doctrine

Empire:
      Communist:
      Axis:

HOI4 actually did this, every country had different flags when they switched idealogy if Hoi4 can do it, so can CoW.

Also your making things harder, there is no "military command" its just the player
      Exactly the overcomplication I'm worried about. Why focus on these niche details when it just deviates from the realism of the game?Also, for your example of Germany, it is unapplicable as it was conquered and occupied by the Allies, thus making it no different than say, in-game Poland being conquered by its neighbors, not to mention Germany went under changes because of external pressures, aka they were forced to from a position of weakness. Your suggestion was regarding a complete overhaul of the country's core doctrines without any prior form pressure, only the reason "I want to."

Let's take a more modern example: the United States. Would anyone accept it if the President suddenly came out one day and said, "Oh yeah, we're a monarchy now"? Given that even a change from Republican to Democrat would cause such uproar, I don't think that would even be remotely possible, if the idiotic president that proclaimed that survived, that is.

Anyhow, my tone was a bit harsh, but the point remains: switching flags is barely fine, but switching doctrines is a whole another matter in terms of realism.
      the theme usa is not logical, that they change to a monarchy, BUT the nazi germany wants to reform the Kaiserreich, yes the units are the same, because it will be a step back with the Pickelhaube, the steelhelmet, is a way better. there are other countries, they wuld like to reform a bigger state, for example the hungary, with the Wiener schiedspruch, ther were a option, that they can get the full Siebenbürgen, to form the greater hungarien monarchy
      So you are saying some countries can do it but some can't because it's "not logical"? I think the whole idea is not logical.
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Comrade genz wrote:

How the will Germany become the HRE after conquering some lands. What will happen to the rest of the country will they stay unconquered? Italy and other countries if they take back the land then?
      you idiot, when you conquer certain provinces then you can become an empire if you lose those lands you are still the HRE

IT IS A CHOICE TO BECOME AN EMPIRE OR NOT
    • Comrade genz wrote:

How the will Germany become the HRE after conquering some lands. What will happen to the rest of the country will they stay unconquered? Italy and other countries if they take back the land then?
      you idiot, when you conquer certain provinces then you can become an empire if you lose those lands you are still the HRE

IT IS A CHOICE TO BECOME AN EMPIRE OR NOT
    • Comrade genz wrote:

Comrade genz wrote:

Example: Germany has taken Strasbourg what if France takes it back no more empire?
      NOOOO when you form an empire it stays, even if you lose those historic provinces, people are just imagining
    • RBoi200 wrote:

Jan Schlegel wrote:

Little Racoon wrote:

OutsiderJoe wrote:

I agree, but you can form like the basic empires like the Cuban Empire, or the Democratic Republic of Cuba or maybe Caribbean federation or just Greater Cuba can be a great name, also this is just optional.
      And what you said about the doctrines is what I disagree with the most. When the German army lost ww2, the Soviets converted them to a soviet styled army and the West German army became more American based.

Also, there is no "commanders, generals" in CoW so the army wouldn't change, and there will be a limit with the doctrine switches like you can switch to only one doctrine

Empire:
      Communist:
      Axis:

HOI4 actually did this, every country had different flags when they switched idealogy if Hoi4 can do it, so can CoW.

Also your making things harder, there is no "military command" its just the player
      Exactly the overcomplication I'm worried about. Why focus on these niche details when it just deviates from the realism of the game?Also, for your example of Germany, it is unapplicable as it was conquered and occupied by the Allies, thus making it no different than say, in-game Poland being conquered by its neighbors, not to mention Germany went under changes because of external pressures, aka they were forced to from a position of weakness. Your suggestion was regarding a complete overhaul of the country's core doctrines without any prior form pressure, only the reason "I want to."
      Let's take a more modern example: the United States. Would anyone accept it if the President suddenly came out one day and said, "Oh yeah, we're a monarchy now"? Given that even a change from Republican to Democrat would cause such uproar, I don't think that would even be remotely possible, if the idiotic president that proclaimed that survived, that is.

Anyhow, my tone was a bit harsh, but the point remains: switching flags is barely fine, but switching doctrines is a whole another matter in terms of realism.
      the theme usa is not logical, that they change to a monarchy, BUT the nazi germany wants to reform the Kaiserreich, yes the units are the same, because it will be a step back with the Pickelhaube, the steelhelmet, is a way better. there are other countries, they wuld like to reform a bigger state, for example the hungary, with the Wiener schiedspruch, ther were a option, that they can get the full Siebenbürgen, to form the greater hungarien monarchy
      So you are saying some countries can do it but some can't because it's "not logical"? I think the whole idea is not logical.
      Small countries can create empires even if they never had one in history, they can be for example

1. East Asian Empire

2. Three Dragons (Bhutan)

3. Caribbean Union

4. Nordic Federation
    • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YDSTRIKER wrote:

Comrade genz wrote:

And what if Libya reunites the Roman Empire?
      Formidable Nations should only be on Historical Maps. Changing the state would not mean changing doctrine, and doctrine is not government!
      I understand with the doctrine complaints, but the Russian Empire ain't gonna keep the Soviet doctrine. Maybe they change uniforms.

But in other maps like the world at war, there could be

1. South Sudanese Kingdoms

2. the Syrian Emirates

3. Indochinese Union

4. Confederation of Pakistan.

You could just add names like "Greater" "Empire" to the names
    • greater is better, not everything was an empire, yet they were strong
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • OutsiderJoe wrote:

Karl von Krass wrote:

greater is better, not everything was an empire, yet they were strong
      I know but it adds a sense of grandness.
      Maybe in a non historic map, if a country occupies 5 countries, they can form empires or confederations
      I don't support the whole "doctrine change", but maybe when you reach a certain number a VPs, you can change the name to "GREATER original country".
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • aside from a doctrine change and a 'title' change, will there be morale change or what? how about addition of new province state such as colonized which allows for things like colony capitals, and whatnot.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • albeit, no extra resource production boost, lol, it'll be too OP

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Little Racoon wrote:

Jan Schlegel wrote:

Hey!!
      1.Im a german so its ok that i make grammaticaly errors
      2.Hoi 4 is more historical accurate, they understand an greate the right border from the first minute of the game and you want to tel me tat call of war is not able to great a right map, no they great country names for the map and other uninteresting things, that i must touch my head!
      The Memel city is to high and all of the german borders between the german provinzes are all wrong, i live in germany in bavaria, and i shamed for this, that there a no borders that make sense.

back to the theme, the borders also wrong on the polish border, when the nazi germany want to great the kaiserreich, in call of war the bytro team must correct the border error, because oberschlesien and breslau are not polish when nazi germany creat trhe kaissereich, but they are just polish!

and for info: the british helmet is not the same with the american helmet, the churchil is not the same with the jerman!
      1) Don't worry, as long as it's understandable I'm fine with it.2) HOI4, I believe, had a much larger budget and it isn't available for free (the first part I might be wrong). Price, production costs, and quality are often interrelated. For Memel, I noticed in some maps it's part of Germany, some part of Lithuania (historically, it was ceded to Germany some time before ww2, but I have to check). Breslau, meanwhile, I believe, is part of Germany in every map. I suggest you create a separate thread for the border errors. Usually the devs would fix it after some time.
      3) Regarding the british army being different than the american army, I've acknowledged that in the post that you quoted.
      what do you mean wirth point 3?
    • OutsiderJoe wrote:

Every nation in history has reached a peak before,

for example:

Italy to the Roman Empire
      Turkey to the Ottoman Empire

Why can't we do the same with CoW? So basically when one nation conquers so much land, they can form an empire or new nation, like if Mongolia annexed all of Asia and Eastern Europe, they become the Mongol empire.

EG:

1. If Argentina annex's Peru, Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay they can form the Cisplatine Empire.

2. If Persia annex's Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Greece, French Syria, British colonies in the Middle East, Oman and
      Yemen. They could form the Persian empire

If Italy conquers Yugoslavia, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, British Egypt and the UK, they form the Roman empire.

--------->
      --------->

Also, if a country turns into an empire they can change doctrines, for example, if the USSR become the Russian Empire they will switch doctrines and become AXIS.

PS: Everybody thinks that if you conquer a certain territory you will change overnight, no it is a choice if you want to change

PS: You can only change doctrine once and you can switch back but it will take 6 days to convert your army

PS: Since your all crying in the comment section, I have added a feature, when you switch idealogy there is a 30/100 chance you will have a civil war and some units may choose sides.

required provinces for a Caliphate

Positive effects:

1. Morale boost

2. Increased unit production

3. Increase in research

4. Extra research slot

5. Better global popularity

6. AI countries more likely to give you right of way

7. 12 Infantry units will be added to your army

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Also if your country never had an empire, it can be just its region's name, for example

1. the Central American Republic

2. the Himalayan Empire

3. the Botswanan Chieftan

4. the Australian Hegemon

5. the North American Union

6. the Federal Burmese Union

Etc.

But in other maps like the world at war, there could be

1. South Sudanese Kingdoms

2. the Syrian Emirates

3. Indochinese Union

4. Confederation of Pakistan.

You could just add names like "Greater" "Empire" to the names
      why only infantry, you dont can get tanks or artillerie or boats, the uk for example can have motre boots, when ist change to a empire, or the turkey can get more tanks, because of the soviet influence (sry i can not realyyyyy good english) sovietunon had meany tankproduction in the kaukasus
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

aside from a doctrine change and a 'title' change, will there be morale change or what? how about addition of new province state such as colonized which allows for things like colony capitals, and whatnot.
      You get

1. Boost morale, and all of your occupied provinces will get 100% morale,

2. Occupied territories will start to produce more resources

3. 8 Infantry units are added to your army and 4 light tanks.

4. AI countries are more likely to befriend you
    • RBoi200 wrote:

OutsiderJoe wrote:

Karl von Krass wrote:

greater is better, not everything was an empire, yet they were strong
      I know but it adds a sense of grandness.Maybe in a non historic map, if a country occupies 5 countries, they can form empires or confederations
      I don't support the whole "doctrine change", but maybe when you reach a certain number a VPs, you can change the name to "GREATER original country".
      It up to you with the title, perhaps "Greater Original country" or "Orignal Country Empire"