Destroy own buildings

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Destroy own buildings

I was thinking that when you know you will lose a province you could destroy your own buildings, or at least damage them so that your enemy cannot use them. This could be a gold/high command feature so it could encourage people to get them.
      Say if you have an airfield and an army is approaching, you destroy your airfield and then the enemy cannot use it.
      Kewin09
      CoW Staff Sergeant
    • Comrade genz wrote:

Kill you own people?
      Well perhaps, but the context was to that of the OP in destroying buildings when retreating such as airfield, forts, harbors, or infrastructure that you do not want to fall into enemy control, such as bombing a bridge as you retreat so that the enemy could not continue their advance. But yes if you were silly enough to leave troops in a city and bombard it then i suppose friendly fire would be justified.
    • BuddyFanatic131 wrote:

a scorched earth tactic,could be useful,why don't we have a commander type of ting in CoW that we can give them different strategies such as Deep Warfare tactics or Biltzkrieg instead of just regular doctrines,such as the armored units (tanks,etc) could get something such as a 5% speed boost
      this commander system will ruin CoW, the player is the real commander, with a commander system implemented, people will start buying OP commanders, this will furthen the divide between new and old players
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • @BuddyFanatic131 There are too many major updates on a very short time. Good for you, bad impact on newbies and the old player.
      Created countless account, before/after 1.5 Highest level 36. Aiming for perfection, defects means a new account. Gamer to CON and 1914. Waiting patiently for the Bytro "colonization" type of game to be available on play store instead of web.

Loves to help by giving a lot of idea and innovation to make it more realistic. Thanks for implementing mine and others suggestion on 1.5 on how troops should be upgraded one by one.
    • This has been suggested multiple times and will never be done. Every player that is losing will for petty revenge destroy all his buildings. This meaning that while you are playing and expanding you will never conquer still usable production sites or airbases. The whole game you will have to start from scratch. You can already imagine the cost of resources and the loss of time to rebuild everything every single time.

It's not realistic neither. It's not like in WWII the enemy nuked their own cities before retreating. You take a city, it's buildings are managed which is realistic but flatten it is a whole other thing.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • the scorched earth tactics were possible in the old times but not in WW2 i tthink you can see the reason
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • BuddyFanatic131 wrote:

Karl von Krass wrote:

the scorched earth tactics were possible in the old times but not in WW2 i tthink you can see the reason
      yeah they were...and the scorched earth tactic was heavily used by the soviets from 1941 through till late 1942
      Really it’s because Stalin didn’t give a **** about the lives of the people that lived there.
    • they did, but industrialized zones being turned to rubble on a whim will cause the country's economy to collapse, industrial plants were much more resource intensive and specialized in the modern era. besides as @BMfox said it'll ruin the pacing of the game

Secretary of Nova0213
    • the game's pacing is slow already and if the enemy can just turn your things against you it becomes confusing,militaries *usually* never use enemy equipment as it's foreign to what they're using and they don't know how to properly use it,it can be left in the fate of the leader to destroy their own building and if they forget then that's amore but yeah,it is a viable and perfectly fine option and won't harm gameplay in any sense realisticly
    • but the 1.5 gameplay is much much more faster, games can be won in day 10 or so, but if this feature were to be added maybe the game will last till day 20 or something

Secretary of Nova0213