12 Jan Graphics Update (It hasn't been posted yet but it is live??)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Artmiger wrote:

@freezy

You have mentioned that troops will only disappear at 90% zoom out.
      I just tested this on PC as I feel it does so sooner.

If I start from being all the way zoomed in and use the roller on my mouse, it takes me 30 (lets call it motions) to zoom all the way out.
      My units disappear on the 23rd motion, which, by the maths is at zoom 76.67%

90% could be bearable if it worked correctly, but my units are disappearing too soon with regards to zoom level.

Regards,

Artmiger
      Thanks, are you testing this on the world map? It also depends on the map basically as right now we can only set these zoom levels globally, and they are set so that with the last mouse wheel motion on the 22 player map the troops fade out. On the world map this happens earlier since you can zoom further out on it.
      Perhaps we can rewrite this in the future to be relative to the map size.
    • freezy wrote:

Artmiger wrote:

@freezy

You have mentioned that troops will only disappear at 90% zoom out.
      I just tested this on PC as I feel it does so sooner.

If I start from being all the way zoomed in and use the roller on my mouse, it takes me 30 (lets call it motions) to zoom all the way out.
      My units disappear on the 23rd motion, which, by the maths is at zoom 76.67%

90% could be bearable if it worked correctly, but my units are disappearing too soon with regards to zoom level.

Regards,

Artmiger
      Thanks, are you testing this on the world map? It also depends on the map basically as right now we can only set these zoom levels globally, and they are set so that with the last mouse wheel motion on the 22 player map the troops fade out. On the world map this happens earlier since you can zoom further out on it.Perhaps we can rewrite this in the future to be relative to the map size.
      @freezy

Yes, its on the world map.
      I agree, it should be relative to map size.

Regards,

Artmiger
    • Yeah probably would be nice. But I have to say, I just checked in on a world map and it looks still fine imo. I can still see the whole Europe or north america while seeing all army labels. If we changed this to a later zoom level icons would already start to overlap alot and be pixelated, which the current setting prevents. Perhaps another solution would be even nicer then, like combining armies to army groups when zooming even further out to prevent overlap. But thats not easily done, maybe in the future.
    • freezy wrote:

Yeah probably would be nice. But I have to say, I just checked in on a world map and it looks still fine imo. I can still see the whole Europe or north america while seeing all army labels. If we changed this to a later zoom level icons would already start to overlap alot and be pixelated, which the current setting prevents. Perhaps another solution would be even nicer then, like combining armies to army groups when zooming even further out to prevent overlap. But thats not easily done, maybe in the future.
      @freezy
      Was this on PC or mobile?
      I would probably be happy with above idea but would be great to see battle locations fully zoomed out like i said before.
      Thanks for the communication today.

Regards,

Artmiger