Massive Armies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Massive Armies

I would like to think that I have decent handle on the game and play frequently and I continue to be amazed how some of these players build massive armies. I am talking hundreds of planes, ships, tanks, etc ...all the while playing for the same amount of time. Is it because I am not a premium member? Whats that hot tip that will help me compete with these guys that are obviously building their forces faster than I am? Its starting to not be fun when some guy has triple the army you do in the same amount of time.
    • The premium account does help. The build queue and rally points are undeniable assets.

But I've never built the largest army-counting casualties-in any of the games and Most games the premium members aren't the ones doing it. I'd say about one in five of the premium members I've seen have been in the top 10% rankings. And we can't assume they're spending gold constantly.

Another factor is how well you sustain your army. Air based strategies can often defeat AI as fast as the human player can take their lands. All with zero casualties.

How to get the largest army? Have tons of barracks and an air force for strategic bombing. Buy the premium access or set an alarm to wake you up when your units are built so you can start the next one. You get out of the game what you put in. There is always going to be someone who's put more in than you. Have your neighbors gang up on that guy. :)

Edit; And artillery. If you have a lot of them and you play human players who are not active you can erase units without losses. Situational and doesn't work on AI.
    • In my experience there is usually 3 factors involved.

1. Some keep a really small army early on, as small as they can get away with and expand with, and then using all their resources on upgrading their provinces. Then mid game they explode in pure army production which their superior economy can now handle. Those are the most dangerous ones.

2. Some who is the polar opposite, uses every last bit of resource they have on army barely making any province upgrades, while they do have an impressive army its often a one trick pony. If you defeat the initial army they lose the game because they have no infrastructure or resources to rebuild it.

3. Casualties taken, if you play smart you can take few to none loses killing various players and AI, if you constantly attrition your army in wars it will be much smaller, try reading your newspaper since start and add together all the units you lost in wars, see how much bigger your army could have been.

And of course its paramount you upgrade your IC as fast as you can for shorter build times and log in several times per day to build new troops.
    • What I do is basicly think in the different stages of the game.

Keeping all core provinces as developed as possible is a must. Factory cores must be developed to lvl 5 as soon as possible with lvl 3 infrastructure.

A midsized airforce to pick off single / few units is not a must but can minimize casualties significantly. Takes time to develop and build airbases, but very effective.

I almost always make sure that I am "broke" to a degree where everything is spent on developing core provinces, that way you get your production up really fast. (except Oil!) Oil I stockpile like a mad sheikh.

I always expand very quickly, taking nearby AI's and attack neighbours almost from the first few hours.

This allows for me to gain more provinces with new factories to help produce a large army. It also gives me extra cash (capital loot) to spend on the market further allowing me to develop core / build army.

On day 2-5 I start building up the food provinces and oil provinces that have no factories to gain as much resources as possible before my army size lowers production.

I also buy whatever oil I can at any given time stockpiling it for mid to endgame use. Especially in the beginning where oil is cheap.
      Sincerely, wildL
      EN Mod
      Report a problem

• In a game I joined some month ago, it had some member of an alliance and they was sending army to there leader, they ganked everyone one by one and it was bad and the leader was unbeatable, but it one of worst you can get on, even than a premium player.
      Otherwise building units and not loosing them are the best option for normal players. Best kill ratio are often Artillery, tactical bomber and Battleship.
    • xswazse12 wrote:

Edit; And artillery. If you have a lot of them and you play human players who are not active you can erase units without losses. Situational and doesn't work on AI.
      works best on AI: with arty you can draw them out of fortresses or at least make them attack you on your terms. and a counter attack by AI is always with less than full force. so, it also helps splitting AI forces.
    • I make 1 round of infantery and after that my barracks will be turned off and I make armored/ planes/ boats untill I get mechanized infantery or get too low on infantery (sometimes I feel like I need a few :P ).
      I make commando's depending on my map position. If I have to fight over the mountain and urban rich area in middle-western Europe in early midgame, I research them.