Individual Commanders for certain units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Individual Commanders for certain units

my thought is that we could give certain units certain commanders (depending on the nation,zhukov is only a example) such as the infantry get general Zhukov which give them a morale boost and a attack damage bonus,and tanks get Semyon Moiseevich Krivoshein as a commander which give them a defense boost

I believe this could be a interesting addition along with tactics such as blitzkrieg if you are a aggressive nation or scorched earth if you are a defensive nation
    • commander mechanic will be essentially, non-essential, why put specific commanders? YOU the player are THE commander, it is YOUR responsibily to give yourself the sweet-sweet feeling of victory, it is not the job of these commanders to bring u victory
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • technically speaking,you are the whole government,not just the commanders but also the economics ministry,ministry of foreign affairs etc,you should be able to tell the commanders what to do of course but they should also have their own method so say you've got a terrible tactic the commander would go for a better one,it could benefit new players for sure and could also be an interesting experience for older players
    • only if u can turn it off
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • i think, we understand structure, if we don't we lose to people who can dismantle us
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • with a commander thing it'll be too OP since commander bonus' will be very high

Secretary of Nova0213
    • OutsiderJoe wrote:

Wdym, in HOi4 your the commander, but maybe it gives you boosts
      I am talking about the absurdly OP commanders in other game (please don't ask; they're mobile)

Secretary of Nova0213
    • and XXphoenix makes it so that commanders will be auto moving

Secretary of Nova0213
    • i still disagree how many commanders per country? how will you know the commanders wont goof the army up?

Secretary of Nova0213
    • seems legit

Secretary of Nova0213
    • epic moment?

Secretary of Nova0213
    • XXpheonix wrote:

technically speaking,you are the whole government,not just the commanders but also the economics ministry,ministry of foreign affairs etc,you should be able to tell the commanders what to do of course but they should also have their own method so say you've got a terrible tactic the commander would go for a better one,it could benefit new players for sure and could also be an interesting experience for older players
      So you're saying that we should have something like what Auto-Aim is in shooter games?
    • whowh wrote:

XXpheonix wrote:

technically speaking,you are the whole government,not just the commanders but also the economics ministry,ministry of foreign affairs etc,you should be able to tell the commanders what to do of course but they should also have their own method so say you've got a terrible tactic the commander would go for a better one,it could benefit new players for sure and could also be an interesting experience for older players
      So you're saying that we should have something like what Auto-Aim is in shooter games?
      Not exactly, as we have to configure the commanders and they have a limited use for a day