Analyze, Adapt, Overcome! - Release Notes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• fillthenofill wrote:

freezy wrote:

Hey guys, as mentioned in my earlier post (please read it, >link<) we are currently collecting your feedback, bugs and ideas for improving the army labels.
      We have no intention of removing the feature again, as we really believe that it is good for the game. It simplifies and streamlines the overview while also introducing new helpful functionality. But we agree that there is still room for improvement and that's why we want to keep improving it with your help.
      For example one change often requested here that we will do is to show the concrete number of units again also when zoomed out (when labels become diamond shaped). I think that this already will solve alot of problems for most players. Due to our update cycle changes won't come earlier than 2 weeks though, I hope you can get used to the current version in that time.
      I literally just made a forum account for the first time just because of this update.First of all, are we the ones who are playing the game or you.
      We literally don't care if you think if it looks good or not, you guys have to listen to our opinions if you want to keep your players.

I have 3 separate accounts all with high command and if you guys don't listen to our feedback, why would we continue to waste our money every month on this game when we could just save our money or spend like 40 bucks on a better game.

All we are asking is to give players a setting that lets us switch between the old view and this new update.

This benefits everybody as you get to keep players who like the old view and who like the new view.

If you guys still don't understand such a simple thing then this forum is a waste of time as you guys are not going to listen to us either way and this game is also a waste of time and money because if you can make one horrible update, who knows how many more you will make in the future without consideration to what the players think.

Even if you think this new update is good, no matter how much you try to push it, the rest of us won't share your opinion. Remember, you guys are not a big company like Apple or Epic Games that if you do a bad update you can get away with it. Us call of war players are the only thing keeping your company alive so if you want to keep your player base then you better listen to what your players want.

What makes you think we would waste our time and force ourselves to play a game we don't like anymore?

And don't you dare tell us to use that low graphics mode, there is a reason its called low graphics mode.

GeneralBrooks18 wrote:

kittkarrkitt wrote:

fillthenofill wrote:

Us call of war players are the only thing keeping your company alive
      You know that you cannot speak for all the CoW players right? I bet a lot of people like this update, and I personally already got used to it, and it works fine (exept my concerns in my previous reply). And its fine that you dont like it, just dont think your opinion is the only one.

fillthenofill wrote:

I have 3 separate accounts all with high command and if you guys don't listen to our feedback, why would we continue to waste our money every month on this game when we could just save our money or spend like 40 bucks on a better game.
      Why would you have three seperate accounts, all payed, while you cant even use them together since im pretty sure its against the rules. The system can even ban you for it.

fillthenofill wrote:

who knows how many more you will make in the future without consideration to what the players think.
      A huge amount of game developers and companies have released sh8t updates or even sh8t games, but have improved it over the course of the development of their game. Call of War is the same thing. They release updates that improve the game in their eye's, and almost always actually do improve the game. And yeah sure, they might have not done it exacly like how YOU want it to be, but that doesn't mean they either dont listen to the community or dont care about the community or wont fix what is making the community dislike the update. Why do you think they both post the update message on the home page, and on the forum? They post it here to recieve feedback from the community, since this is a place everyone can speak out about what they think, and can help improve the game by givings their players feedback/opinions. The update has been out for just a day and your yelling at them like its the 500th time they fuck the game up, like Fortnite likes to do. And sure, maybe there could be things the devs could think about before releasing an update like this, but just normaly tell them instead of yelling at a group of people that put so much effort and love into this game that you tend to like so much, and where they are trying their best for.
      Found the shill
      And the award for biggest cunts on the forums goes toooooo: These two guys!

You want your opinion taken seriously? This is not how you do it.

@DoctorDR1 I take my forum warnings with two sugars, no milk, thank you very much.
    • Lol my whole server saying the update sucks, isn't that enough:
      East Yakutia - Official government communiqué, 15:48

New troop visuals

zoom out
      Kentucky - Official government communiqué, 15:10

What did the update even add

Texas - Official government communiqué, 12:43

Its garbage

South USA - Official government communiqué, 12:36

I dont

East Yakutia - Official government communiqué, 12:34

Who else doesn't like this update

South USA - Official government communiqué, 11:01

Active leaders

Yall are awesome keep it up
      East Yakutia - Official government communiqué, 10:58

I havn't heard any news for anyone so.....

how have you all been
    • freezy wrote:

Hey guys, as mentioned in my earlier post (please read it, >link<) we are currently collecting your feedback, bugs and ideas for improving the army labels.

freezy wrote:

But we agree that there is still room for improvement and that's why we want to keep improving it with your help.
      I see a lot of replies complaining about the update being sh*t and everything that is wrong and the dev's not listening to the community and not caring. First of all, they made this forum to get people's opinions and feedback to their update (To listen to the community), to help improve the new functions in the future, like what these two quotes say from freezy's message on the second page. They have probbely worked quite a while on these features, and believe they will improve the game for the better. A bunch of people disagree, and a bunch of people agree with the changes they made, which is fine and can be worked on to make everyone like it, or atleast like it more. This forum was made to hear all those opinions and feedback so they can improve the update, but just complaining and telling the dev's to change it back issn't helping with any issues you have with the update. Also, it takes time to develop changes, make sure they are as bug free as possible and implement them into the game. Thats why the function wont be updated for a while, becouse they are simply still working on it (and an update cycle apparantly). With everyone's feedback they can improve the function in one of those next updates to make it better, and reduce the complains. Just have patience and give your feedback in a adult and civil way becouse that is how it will help the most.
      The Best Defense Is A Good Offense.
    • kittkarrkitt wrote:

freezy wrote:

freezy wrote:

But we agree that there is still room for improvement and that's why we want to keep improving it with your help.
      A bunch of people disagree, and a bunch of people agree with the changes they made, which is fine and can be worked on to make everyone like it, or atleast like it more.
      Not man... Not a bunch of people agree with the update... but only YOU !!!! Look on replies to that update, only your posts a pros update, the rest of replies are all cos( versus, against) update !!!!! MAKE THE GREAT BUTTON TO COVERT TO OLD DESIGN !!!!
    • ValeraZol wrote:

Not man... Not a bunch of people agree with the update... but only YOU
      The most people that have posted here are disliking the update, but that doesn't mean there aren't a bunch of people that like the update, they have just posted less/not posted which is really common when a update is executed well. People that dislike it normally start giving feedback and complaints (which is good).

Just because they are more silent, doesn't mean they are not there or there are less of them.
      The Best Defense Is A Good Offense.
    • kittkarrkitt wrote:

ips wrote:

if no1 like new update do you prefer change it or lose all players?? a good new thing 'd be the journal reserch for time or nation since in 100 players game find wat happen require lot of time
      How about some english spelling lessons? Or atleast google translate to fish out the errors. I had an incredibly hard reading this.
      how about you take the time to appreciate the someone took the time and effort to make a comment in a language which isnt natural to them because they feel so strongly about a change that has been made to a worldwide game which they and the VAST majority of players believe has ruined their gameplay
    • First off, before I put out what I personally think about this, a little reminder that this is NOT for you to rant or have an argument with another player. Doc has said this multiple times, and I'll reiterate it again. To be frank, I would be pretty pissed whether I am a dev seeing this or a player finding his/her suggestion being responded with "you're an idiot, so shut the f*ck up" (yes, this is the vibes I'm getting). Don't insult another player/dev just because their position is different from yours. This is getting childish, people. Calm down.

Now, on to some personal opinions. Firstly, I would like to state the positives. I like how I don't have to click on the troops for their health, so I can have a good overview of the strength of my army. I like how I could see the general composition of armies when zoomed out without being cluttered by overlapping unit art (although as someone mentioned, the icon can be changed). I like how it shows how many troops of each branch are in each army when zoomed in. These are what I think the update generally did well.

Now, the criticism. This is nitpicking, but when zoomed out, rockets and planes have the same icon of a plane, making me slightly confused whether it is a bomber wing attacking or a rocket attack. This can be solved with perhaps a unique rocket icon for rockets and flying bombs. Next is the dots. The first two dots are well done, being specific to 1-4 units and 5-9 units. However, it feels off to have all 10+ units being 3 dots. I understand that this means the army isn't at max SBDE, but it feels confusing to have a 10-unit army looking the same as a 30-unit army. A solution would be make more dots for units in the 10-19, 20-29, and 30-39 unit ranges, since these army sizes are the most common. Anything above is very rare, so to put them all in, say, five or six dots can be fine. Finally, this is just a matter of art, but a diamond shape feels strange and not military-like. I have no idea how militaries view their armies with icons, but personally, I think a better shape would be a circle/ellipsis or an isoceles triangle with the unique tip pointing at whichever direction the army's heading.

Overall, this update for me doesn't affect the game much. It's just a visual update, guys, it's not particularly game-changing. There are areas that can be improved, but I think it's decent. It's just a matter of everyone not really getting used to it just yet. I have strongly opposed some potential updates in the past (such as the paratrooper update and initial 1.5 stuff), and thinking back, it's not as ruining as we might've imagined. CoW 1.5 is a huge change to the game, but the game is still CoW. Give it some time, and perhaps, looking back, this minor update might not've been such a problem/revolution to the overall game mechanics.

TL;DR for anyone who won't bother reading the wordy stuff above - There are goods, there are bads. At the end of the day, this is just a minor update, so don't freak out so much. Criticisms are welcome. In fact, it's needed, but please keep it respectful and civil.

Edit: an extra thought - back up your opinions with some reasoning, especially for criticisms. The devs have given their reasoning for this update, it is expected that we all do so as well. Don't just say "This update sucks because it's ruining the game." That's just saying "This update sucks because it sucks." (one can probably guess my position from this thought alone)
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Is it so hard to make an in-game survey? Like in GOT? With incentives for better result... That is how you will know what is good and what is bad and where you are going. It will be more fair and not your ego involved. I see the forum is almost enough but still there are opinions as here are quite small group complaining so ... the most are satisfied with this ... shackles. And it is really eye shackles... I use low graphics since the update but there are still problems with view of the numbers of troops... in many cases it is hidden by the troops... Maybe a little group commented that too on this forum :D
    • MKS Hypno YT wrote:

fillthenofill wrote:

Red_1833 wrote:

They have certain maps where you can play the old version lol.
      and why would you have three accounts when you can play multiple games on one account? That would be such a waste of money lol.
      lol i meant i was paying for 3 accounts, my friends use 2
      Sorry to break it to you but multi-accounting is against the rules and results in a permaban lol.
      true dat