Release Notes - 2021-01-12
With our first update of the year, we rework the way armies are displayed on the map by implementing new army labels for all branches. From now on you will be able to gather all relevant information about army compositions, their allegiances and their current status much quicker in order to formulate a battle plan and stay one step ahead of
Today’s update also includes some balancing changes and multiple bug fixes. For a complete overview please take a look at the list below:
Any ambitious Officer will highly value the ability to gather precise information quickly and without delay. For this exact reason we have completely reworked the army labels for both the zoomed-in and zoomed-out view. From now on you will immediately be able to get all the crucial information about an army by simply looking at the new army label displayed next to it.
While zoomed-in the new labels will include the respective armies national flag, a health bar, information about its current status represented by unique icons, as well as the overall composition of the army as shown by individual icons for different troop branches.
While zoomed-out the labels will be more simplistic but still provide all necessary information to analyze the situation on a larger scale. The displayed unit icon will depend on the heaviest armored unit class present while the overall unit count will be represented by 1-3 dots in the lower part of the label depending on the armies size.
Last but not least a player’s relation with an army will be colour coded in both views. Enemy armies will field a red label, neutral forces will be brown, allies are represented by green labels and own forces will be displayed in white.
Please note that the new army labels will only be implemented in games of Call of War 1.5 and also not be enabled if low graphics mode has been selected.
- We took note of your opinions concerning the AI’s behavior and how frequently AI nations declare wars on players whose global popularity had dropped to low levels. From now on AI nations will be slightly more hesitant to go to war with unpopular players. This does not mean they will idly stand by while players conquer the globe but should result in less cases of players receiving multiple new declarations of war every day.
- The overall hitpoints of Aircraft Carriers have been reduced and are now identical to those of Battleships at all levels. Their damage values have also been slightly lowered.
- The overall costs to construct Infrastructure have been reduced which will allow players to establish an efficient road network earlier in the game, increasing strategic flexibility should they be willing to invest the resources.
- Please note that all balance changes will only affect games created after the release and won’t be implemented in classic games.
- The visual indicator for provinces at risk of triggering a revolt was not displayed for values between 0-1%. We adjusted this so any chance for a revolt taking place will trigger the pulsating, red hatching effect even for very low values.
- Upgrading units caused their active fire control orders to be reset. This is no longer the case as issued fire control orders will be kept and executed after the upgrading process is done.
- A bug has been fixed that caused a player’s own coalition icon to be displaced in the diplomacy screen when playing on mobile devices.
- A bug has been fixed that caused the infantry section of a provinces production list to not be scrollable on mobile devices when all units have been unlocked.
- On mobile devices the army info popup contained icons of the wrong colour. These have been unified and will now be displayed correctly.
- When selecting multiple armies at once their information sections for “Activity” and “Status” sometimes displayed text incorrectly. From now on these sections will always contain centered text.
- A bug that caused the chat window to immediately jump to the newest received message as soon as one has been received has been fixed. You will now be able to read up on older chat messages without having to scroll back up multiple times if you are in an active conversation.
- For some language settings the email registration popup contained slightly displaced interface buttons, which has been fixed.
We hope you like the redesigned army labels as much as we do and take advantage of the easily processable information they contain when planning your next move in detail, as well as in hasty situations that call for quick decisions. In addition to that make sure to test the effects of today’s balance changes and adapt your strategies accordingly.
Best of luck general, now prove yourself on the battlefield!
Your Bytro Team