Analyze, Adapt, Overcome! - Release Notes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CorporalCole wrote:

My second complaint is it is now very hard to see what units of yours are under fire, as the new lightning symbol is very small and not easy to see. before it was a large circle, and it was clearly obvious to see where your units were attacking / being attacked, and how long it would take before their next attack would take place. Now all we get is a tiny lightning symbol at the top of the unit icon that makes it very hard to see which units are being attacked and which are not, making it harder for players to locate which of their units are engaged or where they may need to pull away from, which is disastrous for anyone who is trying to not lose any units.

If you zoom out to where you see the new icons, you can see which units are fighting becouse they will blink around.
      The Best Defense Is A Good Offense.
    • Now that a unit Pulses when under attack you can now see when it’s under bombardment from arty out of its view range so no longer can RRGs or planes take out your entire stack without you even knowing you were under attack.
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)
    • OutsiderJoe wrote:

Tribunate wrote:

That was a waste of a comment and not very constructive at all. If you have an issue with something bring up a solid reason as to why and offer a solution.
      Bruh your back, I was thinking of writing an article about Active Forumist
      (people I see in the forum a lot) and I write a documentary about them
      I was travelling for the Holiday season so I didn't have much time to check the forums! :)Thanks for noticing though.
    • freezy wrote:

Hey guys, as mentioned in my earlier post (please read it, >link<) we are currently collecting your feedback, bugs and ideas for improving the army labels.
      We have no intention of removing the feature again, as we really believe that it is good for the game. It simplifies and streamlines the overview while also introducing new helpful functionality. But we agree that there is still room for improvement and that's why we want to keep improving it with your help.
      For example one change often requested here that we will do is to show the concrete number of units again also when zoomed out (when labels become diamond shaped). I think that this already will solve alot of problems for most players. Due to our update cycle changes won't come earlier than 2 weeks though, I hope you can get used to the current version in that time.
      I literally just made a forum account for the first time just because of this update.
      First of all, are we the ones who are playing the game or you.
      We literally don't care if you think if it looks good or not, you guys have to listen to our opinions if you want to keep your players.

I have 3 separate accounts all with high command and if you guys don't listen to our feedback, why would we continue to waste our money every month on this game when we could just save our money or spend like 40 bucks on a better game.

All we are asking is to give players a setting that lets us switch between the old view and this new update.

This benefits everybody as you get to keep players who like the old view and who like the new view.

If you guys still don't understand such a simple thing then this forum is a waste of time as you guys are not going to listen to us either way and this game is also a waste of time and money because if you can make one horrible update, who knows how many more you will make in the future without consideration to what the players think.

Even if you think this new update is good, no matter how much you try to push it, the rest of us won't share your opinion. Remember, you guys are not a big company like Apple or Epic Games that if you do a bad update you can get away with it. Us call of war players are the only thing keeping your company alive so if you want to keep your player base then you better listen to what your players want.

What makes you think we would waste our time and force ourselves to play a game we don't like anymore?

And don't you dare tell us to use that low graphics mode, there is a reason its called low graphics mode.
    • Unfortunately it seems our feedback has once again fallen on deaf ears. The developers either think their idea is so genius or that our opinions are too unimportant to care about. This is extremely worrisome for the future of this game as it is never a good thing when a game's developers do not care about the opinions of the people who actually play the game and want it to be the best game it can be.
    • I can assure you that the feedback has not fallen on deaf ears as we are currently making adjustments to the labels based on that feedback, and will release those in the upcoming releases (=upcoming weeks). But we can't incorporate all the feedback and have to be selective, as sometimes it also contradicts each other. It also has to stay within certain bounds, for example removing the labels again is not an option. But within those bounds I am sure we can improve the labels further with your help.
      We also want the game to be the best it can be. It is good that we share this interest.
    • freezy wrote:

I can assure you that the feedback has not fallen on deaf ears as we are currently making adjustments to the labels based on that feedback, and will release those in the upcoming releases (=upcoming weeks). But we can't incorporate all the feedback and have to be selective, as sometimes it also contradicts each other. It also has to stay within certain bounds, for example removing the labels again is not an option. But within those bounds I am sure we can improve the labels further with your help.
      We also want the game to be the best it can be. It is good that we share this interest.
      Keep the labels if you want, we are fine with that as long as there is a setting where players can choose whether they want the classic mode or the labels mode.
    • fillthenofill wrote:

Us call of war players are the only thing keeping your company alive
      You know that you cannot speak for all the CoW players right? I bet a lot of people like this update, and I personally already got used to it, and it works fine (exept my concerns in my previous reply). And its fine that you dont like it, just dont think your opinion is the only one.

fillthenofill wrote:

I have 3 separate accounts all with high command and if you guys don't listen to our feedback, why would we continue to waste our money every month on this game when we could just save our money or spend like 40 bucks on a better game.
      Why would you have three seperate accounts, all payed, while you cant even use them together since im pretty sure its against the rules. The system can even ban you for it.

fillthenofill wrote:

who knows how many more you will make in the future without consideration to what the players think.
      A huge amount of game developers and companies have released sh8t updates or even sh8t games, but have improved it over the course of the development of their game. Call of War is the same thing. They release updates that improve the game in their eye's, and almost always actually do improve the game. And yeah sure, they might have not done it exacly like how YOU want it to be, but that doesn't mean they either dont listen to the community or dont care about the community or wont fix what is making the community dislike the update. Why do you think they both post the update message on the home page, and on the forum? They post it here to recieve feedback from the community, since this is a place everyone can speak out about what they think, and can help improve the game by givings their players feedback/opinions. The update has been out for just a day and your yelling at them like its the 500th time they fuck the game up, like Fortnite likes to do. And sure, maybe there could be things the devs could think about before releasing an update like this, but just normaly tell them instead of yelling at a group of people that put so much effort and love into this game that you tend to like so much, and where they are trying their best for.
      The Best Defense Is A Good Offense.
    • kittkarrkitt wrote:

fillthenofill wrote:

You know that you cannot speak for all the CoW players right? I bet a lot of people like this update, and I personally already got used to it, and it works fine (exept my concerns in my previous reply). And its fine that you dont like it, just dont think your opinion is the only one.

fillthenofill wrote:

Why would you have three seperate accounts, all payed, while you cant even use them together since im pretty sure its against the rules. The system can even ban you for it.

fillthenofill wrote:

who knows how many more you will make in the future without consideration to what the players think.
      A huge amount of game developers and companies have released sh8t updates or even sh8t games, but have improved it over the course of the development of their game. Call of War is the same thing. They release updates that improve the game in their eye's, and almost always actually do improve the game. And yeah sure, they might have not done it exacly like how YOU want it to be, but that doesn't mean they either dont listen to the community or dont care about the community or wont fix what is making the community dislike the update. Why do you think they both post the update message on the home page, and on the forum? They post it here to recieve feedback from the community, since this is a place everyone can speak out about what they think, and can help improve the game by givings their players feedback/opinions. The update has been out for just a day and your yelling at them like its the 500th time they fuck the game up, like Fortnite likes to do. And sure, maybe there could be things the devs could think about before releasing an update like this, but just normaly tell them instead of yelling at a group of people that put so much effort and love into this game that you tend to like so much, and where they are trying their best for.
      Found the shill
    • freezy wrote:

I can assure you that the feedback has not fallen on deaf ears as we are currently making adjustments to the labels based on that feedback, and will release those in the upcoming releases (=upcoming weeks). But we can't incorporate all the feedback and have to be selective, as sometimes it also contradicts each other. It also has to stay within certain bounds, for example removing the labels again is not an option. But within those bounds I am sure we can improve the labels further with your help.
      Just give us an option to remove the new labels. We are not asking you to remove it completely.
    • freezy wrote:

you say you are listening to the feedback and then immediately ignore the main compliant WE DO NOT LIKE/WANT THE LAPELS. from what I have read 1 person likes the update, 1 person is ok with it but would like some changes and everyone else REALLY DISLIKES it.

I understand that you must have spent many hours working on this update but unfortunately the vast majority of your customers just do not like it and telling them that we will get used to it over time is incredibly patronising .

As human beings our eyes/brain have evolved to identify and recognise different shapes in an instant, now all I can see is the same confusing rectangle shape and i have to zoom right the way in to identify what type of troops they are and their number this is ruining the gaming experience.

During WW2 in British RAF fighter command stations once the enemy had been detected on radar they were represented on large situation room maps with actual models of planes with just their altitude and number attached, that way the senior staff directing the RAFs response could take in all the information at a glance without having to work out a load of diamond lapels.

I believe on the original update notes you say this update makes the game more like what the Generals would have had in front of them in WW2, well that may be right but it doesnt make the gameplay any better just the reverse.

You want the game to be the best it can be well so do your customers who actually play the game so listen to them.

It must be hard to have put so much work into something which you genuinely thought would improve the game but as you can see from the feedback this update was a mistake.

You say removing the lapels is not an option, why??? this is what 95% of the comments have asked for!!!!!

If this update was a car it would be a Ford Edsel

******************************************************************************************
      on the plus side showing a units health status without having to click on it is a good idea.

An improvement I would like to see on a future update is when moving a unit overseas when they are embarking/debarking we could see how long the total time is for travelling not just how long they have left debarking.

(sorry to mention the "evolve" word in front of anyone from the USA LOL)
    • To be honest, I think the labeling system might work if basic visual standards were met. It is the design of the label (the 'price tag') that is the problem to me. Call in a new visual arts guy, perhaps?

And just to disprove everyone arguing that gamers can only complain:
      Kudos for as well improving infrastructure as lowering the ridiculously aggressive AI!
    • Ok, I think it's time for another quick reminder to be polite. Of course your criticism and feedback is valued, however, just saying that it's bad, and then not letting anyone explain why they personally like it will get you nowhere. Remember, nobody here wants to make Call of War into a bad game. They just might have different opinions from yours on how to make it better.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

Ok, I think it's time for another quick reminder to be polite. Of course your criticism and feedback is valued, however, just saying that it's bad, and then not letting anyone explain why they personally like it will get you nowhere. Remember, nobody here wants to make Call of War into a bad game. They just might have different opinions from yours on how to make it better.

MKS Hypno YT wrote:

Here are some of my opinions about this update.

I personally think this is just a horrifying way of making the game more like HOI4. I would prefer to keep this game different as I like the call of war style better.

1. I can barely keep track of my troops

2. I can barely see my troops

3. It's extremely difficult to find troops

4. It is hard to move troops or stack them

5. I feel like this is completely useless

6. Please revert this update or turn this function into a setting

Another thing is, these 3 dots can represent a stack anywhere between 10-100 troops which is unhelpful

The neutral label color does not look right to me for some reason

These labels are just way too confusing to understand compared to the old version.

Love this game though :) just hope this new system turns into a setting.

Battle on Generals!
      Heres what I wrote
    • kittkarrkitt wrote:

fillthenofill wrote:

fillthenofill wrote:

fillthenofill wrote:

Clearly you didn't read what I said. I am not saying to remove the update for the people that like it. I am saying to give the people who liked the older version the option to choose between the regular classic setting and the newer setting. Just like some people like the newer version better, some people also like the older version better.

Also what is your guys problems if I am paying for 3 high command accounts. First of all it is my right to buy a product you are offering and 2 of the accounts are for my friends who can't afford to pay for this game but still want to enjoy the benefits of high command. That's like Netflix saying why did you buy 3 different subscriptions, like whats your problem do you not want my money?

Finally even the biggest of developers listen to what their players think about their sh*t updates. For example, I dont know if any of you play Fortnite, but when they added the charge shotgun to the game, and the players said they hated it, it was removed from the game. This is just an example to show you that big companies completely revolve around what their players think and we only pay for a product if we like it, why should we spend our money and time on something we don't like. I am just giving you guys some helpful criticism. Use it if you want to keep a big chunk of your players or make your own decisions and lose those players who value these type of forums and feedback.