Pinned Air Combat for COW1.5v- Guide for dealing some (in)decent damage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AMG Morgan wrote:

I will have to disagree with this a good player with good economy and with large stack is nearly unbeatable. and very hard to defeat since he's economy is so big and he will able cover large fronts. for the speed you can use planes anyone that's gets behide your lines you destroy them with planes.

AMG Morgan wrote:

I did not include aa because if someone is using this stackthey most likely have air superiority
      Air superiority is pretty unstable as planes are very fast and unexpected strikes can turn the tables very quickly. I admit not to use AA much either, but if I was in real competitive play I would. It depends on what games you play.
      It's the same about large stacks. At a lower skill level, it's far easier to play with large stacks, as the damage absorption always happens. This meaning, it's a viable strategy that's simple and not time-consuming to execute. However, if you're up against good players who commit to the math and tactics and have a lot of time, the large stacks may not always win.
      If you are combining many unit types, it makes you fall behind in levels and die to a more focused enemy. If you aren't, your enemy can counter you with even just 1-2 unit types and wipe you out. There would be a resource unbalance if he were to invest into a single unit, but I am just assuming he'll use one type in that part of the conflict, as it saves resources for research and makes your army stronger. I'd expect the conflict to be separated into different unit matchups, like airforce and naval power, which will not intervene much in case they are balanced on both sides, so I am not saying he will use 1-2 units overall, I mean he will use 1-2 against your 2-5 (?) in that branch of the conflict. If you invest into just 1-2 unit types for the war (again, other branches of the conflict not included), it makes little sense to stack into large groups, unless your enemy is bad, lacks time or you use gold for healing.

It's true that 100 tanks against 10 (all equal strength) results in the 100 tanks winning with 94% health left. But, before we start celebrating, the power of an army is its damage output against the enemy times its health (approximately, differences in max hp of your units can change battles, but we're talking of just one unit type in this case). So, the strength of a 94% health army is 94% (health) * 95.2% (damage efficiency) = 89.5% the strength of the same army at full health. This means that the 10 times smaller stack reduced your strength to less than 9/10, making itself pay off. This could still be offset by the healing at daychange, however, players with smaller stacks tend to strike quickly and you may not have time for that.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
    • Something that i still can't understand about sir vs air when patrolling is:
      When you have, for example, 2 stacks of 10 planes patrolling in the same place and they get attacked the mechanics are:

- Your 2 stacks defend with 50%
      - Enemy attacks with 50%
      - Enemy defends with 50%
      - Your 2 stacks attack with 50%

Or simply

- Enemy attacks with 50%
    • Julianc97 wrote:

Something that i still can't understand about sir vs air when patrolling is:
      When you have, for example, 2 stacks of 10 planes patrolling in the same place and they get attacked the mechanics are:

- Enemy attacks with 50%
      - Enemy defends with 50%
      - Your 2 stacks attack with 50%

Or simply

- Enemy attacks with 50%
      When you have two stacks of planes in the same patrol circle and and 1 enemy stack comes in the same patrol circle then when your patrol clock ticks 0 your two stacks will attack the one enemy stack at 50%. However before your planes get to shoot the enemy stack will defend first and deal twice 50% damage, one to each stack. When the enemy patrol ticks zero the same will happen however as he only has one stack and you have two, his damage will be split over your two stacks. Before the enemy gets to attack however your two stacks get to defend first and will deal twice 50% defensive damage.

On direct attack it's more simple. The enemy will attack you at 100% and his damage will be spread over your two stacks. However before he gets to attack your two stacks will defend both at 100%. On his way flying in or out your patrol will tick 0 and patrol mechanics will apply.

Damage always gets spread over all units in the patrol circle both in patrol or direct attack. So if there are land units, or naval units, or other planes flying in. All those will get attacked too and the damage is spread over all those different units but each unit will get to defend however, so you will take a ton of return damage.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • My rule of thumb, you CAN go over ten total stack size, but not for any individual unit type. As the calculations above show, two 10-10 stacks are WAY more effective than one 20-20 stack. This is not true for either four 5-5 stacks, or two 0-10 and two 10-0 stacks.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

My rule of thumb, you CAN go over ten total stack size, but not for any individual unit type. As the calculations above show, two 10-10 stacks are WAY more effective than one 20-20 stack. This is not true for either four 5-5 stacks, or two 0-10 and two 10-0 stacks.
      Can someone explain this more easier way?

I have now read 1 week all the day, when I'm playing about air combat, but it feels that I just don't get it.

How It can be so hard to obtain, offcourse english ain't my first language, but still. I'm pretty smart/fast learner(subjectivully), but it feel's still, that, when I thought that I understand and get it 100%, then I read something elsewhere and I get confused.

So can someone please explain it simply, in which cases, either attacker or defender is better in which stack sizes and what there should be in those stacks etc..
    • 8ujane wrote:

I have now read 1 week all the day, when I'm playing about air combat, but it feels that I just don't get it.

How It can be so hard to obtain, offcourse english ain't my first language, but still. I'm pretty smart/fast learner(subjectivully), but it feel's still, that, when I thought that I understand and get it 100%, then I read something elsewhere and I get confused.

So can someone please explain it simply, in which cases, either attacker or defender is better in which stack sizes and what there should be in those stacks etc..
      Check out this video tutorial that explains the subject. There's a chapter for planes: Call of War | Overstacking like a Pro - YouTube
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

8ujane wrote:

Check out this video tutorial that explains the subject. There's a chapter for planes: Call of War | Overstacking like a Pro - YouTube
      Allready watched. Sorry, I'm not saying it bad, but at least my perspective that was'nt making it any clear to me at least.