The Power of Persia-An account of a Historic World War Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Power of Persia-An account of a Historic World War Game

USSR agreed to an alliance, and created the PACT coalition. I began Project Bloom, the industrialisation of the Persian nation and building of good infrastructure across the land.

Meanwhile the United Kingdom created the UN coalition between him, France and USA. They began the Partition of Africa; the best peaceful division of land I’ve seen. Basically Italy sold Ethiopia to France. On news, Britain asked the Balkan Union (The Balkan nations in a coalition) to supply the UN with oil. I was certain that oil would be demanded from me as well, so I quickly took advantage and sold oil to Germany and other enemies of the UN for a high price. My economy began to boom, and I was able to mobilise powerful Panzer units. Project Bloom was complete and I began planning Project Downfall.

World in Fear

Unbelievably, only 3 players had gone inactive so far, Manchuko (conquered by Japan) TibetPoland (Conquered by USSR and Germany). I used this to rise diplomatically, talking nations up and creating allies. Slowly it seemed that the UN, Balkan Union and the coalition NWO (Spain, Canada, Australia) became close, and so my diplomatic dance led to the creation of the Eastern Bloc and the Western Bloc. The EB consisted of me, the USSR, Italy, Japan, Germany, China and Mongolia. Axis Powers (Germany, Italy, Japan) and PACT, China, me and the USSR. (Mongolia was alone). After a bit of a hiccup we all retained share map yet still withholding our separate coalitions while the WB seemed to do the same. A confrontation of a grand magnitude was just round the corner. The world stood in fear as the USA expanded in Mexico, the UK into Norway and Ireland, and Spain into Portagal. In the East Japan took the Dutch colonies and Manchukuo while Mongolia ate up Xingjian

Diplomatic Clash

By now I stood very strong, and took Afghanistan and Iraq. My economy was magnificent, and trade soared. Oil refineries across the land boasted the largest oil reserves. I began forming the First Panzer Army, hoping to fill it with powerful panzers.I needed this to begin an invasion of India, for he had gone inactive. Meanwhile the United Kingdom demanded a restraint on “Expansions made by Persia”, clearly worried of his middle eastern colonies. I presented this deal:

The United Kingdom and the Persian Empire must both stop further expansion, and pay 1,000 pounds for every already occupied province. This includes the original British Empire.

he clearly refused, realising the sum was too large. I laughed, and went on to conquer Turkey and Arabia. By now I was pumping out oil at a furious rate, and sending it into careful international markets saw me make over 100,000 Persian Tomans every few days! The USA meanwhile began posting Pro Trump things on news and claimed he was a Proud Boy (He never went too far, although racism was present.). This strategically helped me, for formerly neutral Sweden and Argentina as well as Brazil joined the ranks of the EB upon hearing this.

Red Storm

While I grew my empire, created a utopia and grand infrastructure connecting my colonies, the USSR began to assault Europe. The Baltic, Finland, Hungary were the nations he took. On news articles by the West said things against this.

As the representative of the Eastern Bloc I was outraged. In a pre-planned assault, I moved my troops against Greece and the whole Balkan Peninsula. My Panzer armies crushed the surprised enemy troops. The whole world was shocked as my First Panzer Army ploughed through the Balkans, taking Athens, Belgrade and Constantina as well as Lasi very quickly in a Blitzkrieg attack. Out manouvering the enemy forces, my armies swept through the Balkans and claimed it a Persian colony within days, inducing huge casualties yet taking few. The United Kingdom said he will strike me down and the USA sent 5 Battleships to the Persian Gulf. I had already anticipated this, and it was all part of my plan. Their rage made sense for I had killed their oil supplies. I moved on to another risky move, invading Egypt. However the whole affair was a propaganda assault, the armies that took Egypt straight after the Balkans were the very ones that attacked the Balkans and not another army… but my infrastructure projects had paid off, and now the West overestimated my power. With this new leverage, I suggested that I would sell oil to the UK, in return for a very high sum of money. He reluctantly accepted, since the west’s oil had been severed. My risky plan had paid off, and while my economy doubled as well as my Euro Production Line, the West took irreplaceable hits.

The Fall of the Pacific

Japan had been very separated from the rest of the bloc, Therefore, he went his own way and launched a surprise assault upon the British, French colonies in the Pacific and Australia! Luckily, the Chinese player was going to leave the game, so he let Japan plough through him, then we lied to the west, saying Japan had done its own thing and heres the evidence, China attacking it. In reality Japan had moved closer to us., he made peace with the West but now held the whole Pacific, and his forces were poised to attack USA. Now only the East/West Bloc members were still active, and I used my enormous strength to take the rich lands of India, while Japan blitzed against Tibet and Xingjian. The USSR then betrayed and attacked the Swedish, effectively taking the whole Scandavinia and Mongolia. Soon only 4 eastern bloc members remained, USSR, me, Germany Japan and the active/inactive Italy. The west stood as the USA, UK, france. Meanwhile Japan attacked the USA and took the Pacific completely, yet we saw that his navy was gutted. Unable to replace the Imperial Navy, USA began a gruelling Liberation of the Pacific. I instantly knew that this was an important moment, and sent the Persian Navy to the Pacific. It boasted over 16 battleships, 20 subs, 10 destroyers and 23 cruisers. My subs sank the USA Capital ships in the Gulf and my Navy reinforced Japan. The UK and france declared war against Germany. The Germans were locked in a stale conflict, and took big hits in the lost battles of Nancy and Lyon. Italy swapped sides, but luckily Germany easily took him and produced pressure upon France. My Mediterranian Fleet then came to play, and with Blitzkrieg attacks sunk 50 undefended UK convoys and 10 ships. My Africa Corps began taking the whole Africa, I successfully secured the whole East and North Africa quickly and induced 30,000 casualties to the British and French. My air force did brilliantly in Africa, launching hundreds of sorties and clearing the way.

The Chained Monster

The French front slowly gave in, I took virtually all of Africa, the USSR took Alaska and Japan went inactive, and was swallowed by the USSRwho now had a vast empire. Meanwhile we had chained the west, me in control of the whole world’s oil. However, that’s when the Raid on the Ruhr came. 50 british planes bombed every province in the Ruhr including Cologne and disabled Germany and her air force. It came too late, however, and France fell. Unbelivably, I witnessed yet another Soviet betrayal as he took Germany. I could see that I was next, so I decided to deal the first strike. The USA had gone inactive and the USSR was eating up North USA. I began secret negotiations with the UK. We agreed to “Chain the Beast” and virtually besiege the Soviet Union.

Operation Sunset, Project Downfall and the Storm of Steel

I began preparing for an assault against the USSR, codenamed Operation Sunset. The code was there for actual reasons; we did ot want Sovie spies picking on our plans. My preparation saw the gathering of 63 ships ready to destroy the Soviet Pacific and Baltic Fleet, over 250 land units in strategic positions (but on Infrastructure roads, strategic bunkers, etc.) and 100 planes in range of the Soviet mainland. Meanwhile I revealed to the UK Project Downfall. It had been the ultra-secret development of Nukes. In the far flung Madagascar I created 2 Nuclear Bombers and a Nuclear Rocket. Hoping the USSR would not spot them I send them to just out of Tehran’s centre. The stage was set for Operation Sunset.

Strategic bombers head toward undefended Guryev, Saratov, Stalingrad and Odessa. The bombers launch a devastating Blitzkrieg attack that destroys the cities’ factories. Other bombers blast vital infrastructure routes. Attack Bombers hit undefended Soviet tanks. Many Soviet vital tanks are blown up, others badly damaged. Fighters destroy the Soviet Air force and Tactical Bombers wipe out entire armies. After hours of intense bombardment, the inducing of thousands of casualties yet taking virtually none, the first wave is over. Meanwhile 20 Persian light tanks spread out in all directions, yet avoid the enemy until the Second Wave comes. It is more destructive than the last, few Soviet units escape the carnage. Simultaneously the Royal Navy sinks 50 undefended convoys. The Persian Air Force ends the Second Wave, with a few casualties. The third wave completely destroys every Soviet army within range, but takes a bit of a toll. On the ground, the Storm of Steel has begun. The Africa Corps begin assaults on Southern Europe, the Persian fleets wipe out the Soviet ones, and Panzer armies advance beyond Saratov in a broad front advance. The planes follow them, and most resistence is crushed. Through india the Storm hits hardest, the Elites of the Empire delivering liberty to Asia. However, the initial surge is over and fierce fighting begins.

The Empire surrounded Moscow while it took the Soviet Empire. All of Eurasia were taken, and in the end, the USSR falls. In North USA the USA comes back on and liberates the lands there.

I took a heavy hit. In the end my Empire was lost to the UK and USA. Stretched and damaged beyond repair, I lost without much fight, but proved to the world, the Power of Persia
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • i am in a really gruelling historic world war as USA, i hope to share it once it ends
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • ok
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • i think i shall max out my oil production even if it is non-core, i shall max out my infrastructure, produce massive armadas that can take out the navies of entire nations!!! as the USA of course, i already have a max oil production in my cores,,, well i shall make it on my enemies' lands!!!! as for infrastructure! i shall make infrastructure on the entire north american continent!!!!!
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • thumbs-up

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength