How should i use mechanised infantry?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The unstoppable stacks Ive been having a real hard time stopping:

Axis unit stacks of 10:
      - 2 Mech infantry
      - 1 Mot infantry
      - 2 Med tanks
      - 3 SP artillery
      - 2 SP anti-air

The last three rounds I lost to at the end (got 2nd place) were against this formidable stacks. I have no idea how to defeat it. I tried with little success against a stack of 10 (as COMINTERN)
      - 2 Armored car
      - 2 Heavy tank
      - 3 SP rockets
      - 2 SP anti-air
      - 1 SP arty

And I even had 2 stacks of 10 level 4 Tac bombers patrolling...

I would finish stack of 10 but after losing almost all my bombers and heavy losses on land troops.
      I tried other compositions as well but nothing was working well as what I put in my example.
    • Since 9 out of 10 of those units are armored, a stack of AT or tank destroyers would do good. Make sure to let them run into YOU though. Bring a few artillery (either towed or SP) in case they stop and fire at you from range; you'll fire back.

PS - Actually I'm pretty sure you could kill them with nothing but MT/HT as well (in which case you DO want to be the attacker, obviously).
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Tribunate wrote:

The unstoppable stacks Ive been having a real hard time stopping:

Axis unit stacks of 10:
      - 2 Mech infantry
      - 1 Mot infantry
      - 2 Med tanks
      - 3 SP artillery
      - 2 SP anti-air

The last three rounds I lost to at the end (got 2nd place) were against this formidable stacks. I have no idea how to defeat it. I tried with little success against a stack of 10 (as COMINTERN)
      - 2 Armored car
      - 2 Heavy tank
      - 3 SP rockets
      - 2 SP anti-air
      - 1 SP arty

And I even had 2 stacks of 10 level 4 Tac bombers patrolling...

I would finish stack of 10 but after losing almost all my bombers and heavy losses on land troops.
      I tried other compositions as well but nothing was working well as what I put in my example.
      It is hard to stop a perfect stack, but in theory it should not be level to max evenly (not until the very end game) so try to leverage that. Else, just try to stop the stack by sending whatever you have (ideally AT/Tank killer given this is mostly armor), and bring artillery to destroy it from afar.

Another strategy is to follow the stack with a fast Mot-infantry, and to "retake" behind it as it goes. it will be blind (relatively) or it will be forced to detach some units.
    • Yea but he had axis mot infantry flanking. This was end game we had leveled out most of our core units. I was able to match him but I coudn't hold forever. It is beyond me how my stacks of 10 land units, 2 stacks of 10 bombers a piece, was not enough. I was simply losing too much to withstand. Even with COMINTERN econ bonus it wasn't worth it.
    • i can suggest commandos, but idk if they are good enough to stop axis death stacks that u mentioned
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • combined arms is best, a combination of tac and attacks along with commandos with med tanks should suffice, but i think @Tribunate already did that
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • all in all the nature of the stack suggests us to be on tthe offensive nd keep them on the defensive

Secretary of Nova0213
    • (note I almost never use mech inf)
      Regarding the original topic, that is how to use mechanized infantry, I would say utilize their speed as best as possible.

Being light armor class is in a tricky situation. Heavy armor shreds through you, both tac and dive bombers deal decent damage to you, heck even within the light armor class they seem to fight each other the best (with the exception of the mech inf). However, they do have one very good advantage: their speed.

I believe mech inf is faster than motor inf (I need confirmation though), so pairing them with other light armor units, like the AC, would be great help since AC is a scout unit. For protection, pairing with SP arti and SPAA is also recommended, since they don't slow down the mech inf as much as infantry or heavy armor. If you have a strong airforce, this is perfect. The airforce can simply shred through a single point of resistance, then you use the mech inf to exploit the gap. Because of its speed, not many troops can catch it. With adequate air cover, you can conquer many lands in a surprisingly short amount of time.

However, I wouldn't recommend using it over motor inf due to the aforementioned vulnerability of the LA class as well as its cost. Motor inf is also very fast, and although it's fragile, it's considerably cheaper than the mech inf.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

Being light armor class is in a tricky situation. Heavy armor shreds through you, both tac and dive bombers deal decent damage to you, heck even within the light armor class they seem to fight each other the best (with the exception of the mech inf). However, they do have one very good advantage: their speed.
      I want to note that mechanized infantry has the highest AA value of all melee units in the game: 2,9 level one and 13 fully upgraded.

About heavy armor, those units will trear trough anything. The point is to avoid them, as heavy armour is slow and mech infantry is fast they can just dance around them and avoid them. The role that i see for mech infantry is an all round strong and unit which you send in forward that can put up a decent fight with any unit. They are used to move fast into enemy territory to havoc resource provinces and take out cities. As they have a 25% bunus in cities it makes them perfect for that role.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Tbh I think mec stacks are build by lazy players. Units that attack and defend equally well can be considered all-round OK. Then you don't have to plan or make any strategy. Just build stack and click on the enemy capital.

It works against some opponents. And if not....quit game, join a new.

At sea some players do this with battleships too. Aren't they awrsome? Biggest muthafuka of them all. Why not build a bunch? Must be invincible, right?
      Wrong ;)
      Very common noob mistake.
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

At sea some players do this with battleships too. Aren't they awrsome? Biggest muthafuka of them all. Why not build a bunch? Must be invincible, right?
      Of course!! what is a battle ship without the aircraft carrier?? Can't believe there are noobs out there who slow down their naval stacks with destroyers!
    • Little Racoon wrote:

I believe mech inf is faster than motor inf (I need confirmation though),
      Absolutely NOT confirming that; mot.inf is considerably faster than mech.inf
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Little Racoon wrote:

I believe mech inf is faster than motor inf (I need confirmation though),
      Absolutely NOT confirming that; mot.inf is considerably faster than mech.inf
      Thanks for the clarification roko.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)