Do Dev really listen to our suggestion and critism ??!!! I doubt that they even read!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do Dev really listen to our suggestion and critism ??!!! I doubt that they even read!

We need affirmation, it will bring this forum a big positive impact if we "see" dev teams approving/rejecting/postponing our suggestion. Or to make it simple, PLEASE JUST LET US KNOW THAT YOU'VE "READ" OUR CRITISM OR SUGGESTION. | i even give my suggestion given this problem, "downstairs"|

First of all, suggestion and critism from players means that they really care. Somethings just felt missing.... When i saw people trying to help you guys developing this game by giving a beautifuly innovative suggestion, ended up no likes (for me, likes doesn't matter), not even a nontification *example: "a general (or what ever the upper ranks is) or the dev team has read your suggestion".

Every time i'm about to give an innovative suggestion, i always had this feeling.... "does this even matter?, do they really care?, most of all "do they even read"?

Please give something to tell us that you really care for your player, | maybe a green dot next to our thread, meaning that the dev has been reading it. |

Ahh, now i remember why i never used a forum for 2 years into this game, instead i'll give my honest, best, most innovative suggestion when i delete many of my 17th or 20th level account. That's the only place i felt that they really care for my suggestion.

-_-" duh, dev would never read this thread, why bother writing... my inner heart ask me to stop writing, for the sake of 02:43 am i havent sleep, thinking about how to ...... this dead alike forum. Idk dude :v i just tired of everything i did. It's hard to quit either :)
      Created countless account, before/after 1.5 Highest level 36. Aiming for perfection, defects means a new account. Gamer to CON and 1914. Waiting patiently for the Bytro "colonization" type of game to be available on play store instead of web.

Loves to help by giving a lot of idea and innovation to make it more realistic. Thanks for implementing mine and others suggestion on 1.5 on how troops should be upgraded one by one.
    • Danke Doctor, now i can rest in peace :) what a day
      Created countless account, before/after 1.5 Highest level 36. Aiming for perfection, defects means a new account. Gamer to CON and 1914. Waiting patiently for the Bytro "colonization" type of game to be available on play store instead of web.

Loves to help by giving a lot of idea and innovation to make it more realistic. Thanks for implementing mine and others suggestion on 1.5 on how troops should be upgraded one by one.
    • Hey Nasakov, I regularly read the suggestions here in the forum, I just don't have time to comment on all of them. Also often times I just want to let the community discuss it among themselves so I get a feel on how other's think about it before "interfering" with my own feedback.
    • I believe everyone when they say that the devs and mods care but can I have an example of a forum suggestion that was implemented in 1.5 or the last 4 months?

I think the real issue isn’t that you don’t care but that we aren’t fully aware that you care. Perhaps mentioning it in the form or the game announcements when the forum contributes?

But I am fully aware that all of the devs and mods care about the forum
    • whowh wrote:

I believe everyone when they say that the devs and mods care but can I have an example of a forum suggestion that was implemented in 1.5 or the last 4 months?

I think the real issue isn’t that you don’t care but that we aren’t fully aware that you care. Perhaps mentioning it in the form or the game announcements when the forum contributes?

But I am fully aware that all of the devs and mods care about the forum
      I have a rough example for you and if you want to do some digging you can even grab the fine details for yourself.

When 1.5 was announced late 2019 they started out with a bunch of announcement posts explaining the low-level changes. Under those posts, you can find a bunch of players theorising how this would impact the gameplay and whether they think it would be a positive impact or not.

Now take the next patch notes after that and compare them to the feedback from that previous thread. You will find several smaller and bigger things that were implemented or changed based on that feedback.

You can repeat this exercise for the next few updates after that. If you are as lazy as I am you are going to have to take my word for it but the evidence is there that they absolutely incorporate feedback where it makes sense. Just don't expect every small detail to be picked. Because, let's face it, a lot of ideas on here are garbage.
    • Agent47 wrote:

I have a rough example for you and if you want to do some digging you can even grab the fine details for yourself.
      When 1.5 was announced late 2019 they started out with a bunch of announcement posts explaining the low-level changes. Under those posts, you can find a bunch of players theorising how this would impact the gameplay and whether they think it would be a positive impact or not.

Now take the next patch notes after that and compare them to the feedback from that previous thread. You will find several smaller and bigger things that were implemented or changed based on that feedback.

You can repeat this exercise for the next few updates after that. If you are as lazy as I am you are going to have to take my word for it but the evidence is there that they absolutely incorporate feedback where it makes sense. Just don't expect every small detail to be picked. Because, let's face it, a lot of ideas on here are garbage.
      I'm surprised the devs put up with us for so long, actually. But I do find their responses being more "understandable", as in I get where they're coming from, over time. A note for @whowh though: skip through the shorter ones, as in about one or two sentences. Those are often just reactions/replies to previous suggestions.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • I just think it's sad, man. Bytro isn't the largest company, they're not making the mad dosh like the really big developers out there but they hustle, they really do. And still, you get an absolute fuckton of crybabies on the forums that spout the same nonsense day in and day out. If I find that tiring I can only imagine how freezy or other's from Bytro feel every day.
    • OP, you absolutely nailed it - if we write on the forum, if we complain, put long posts with an issue - we do it because we care. Sure, it might be tiresome to read complaints, but its also a compliment, that we care about your game enough to think its worth our time to suggest an improvement.

Freezy, I also agree with OP - knowing yours, other devs, mods etc. opinion on our ideas would be great. It'd also be exciting to know if, and when an idea has been taken on for further discussion, and if an idea has been accepted/in discussion & dev, or rejected.
    • Agent47 wrote:

You can repeat this exercise for the next few updates after that. If you are as lazy as I am you are going to have to take my word for it but the evidence is there that they absolutely incorporate feedback where it makes sense. Just don't expect every small detail to be picked.
      That's right, glad that you remember. We actually changed alot of the CoW1.5 balancing based on user feedback, especially in the beginning.
      You are also right that we can't pick every user suggestion. We have to weigh alot of things here against each other. And we also don't have the time to discuss or give feedback on every suggestion in the forum. But we do consider them.

In fact you can wait for next week's update where again some smaller changes are in there that were taken from user feedback.
    • Another one was changing the game change time.

In the old days, ALL games had a day change of midnight UTC, which was midnight in Europe as well in winter, and 1am in summer (or the other one around - this one always confuses me). This was very unfair to European players (as opposed to Americans, Far-Easters, etc) , as it meant that ALL games had their day change (including spy reports and rebellions, to which you often have to respond as soon as you can) JUST after bed time.

It took about two years of campaigning and reminding, but then it was changed to the current situation, where day change is whenever the game round starts.

So the key here is, patience. Don't expect your suggestion to be implemented straight away, it often takes time.

Paratroopers are another example. LOTS of people were SCREAMING for them for YEARS on these boards. Bytro didn't want to implement them for a long time, but in the long run they succombed to community pressure, and implemented them.

So, to all you hospital lovers out there, there is always hope! ;)
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Paratroopers are another example. LOTS of people were SCREAMING for them for YEARS on these boards. Bytro didn't want to implement them for a long time, but in the long run they succombed to community pressure, and implemented them.
      I disagree with the statement "Bytro didn't want to implement them". As freezy said above, the obvious trash suggestions notwithstanding, it's usually not about not wanting to implement something but rather being able to.

Taking paratroopers as an example, the idea surely came up at some point during early development but other things were already in motion. Over time the feedback became more frequent when at some point the Call of War team said "alright, let's do it" which is the moment planning starts. This also takes a while, so from the point of the inception of the idea to the moment the unit actually goes live, literal years can pass. However, and this is the point I am trying to make, this is not a testament to Bytro needing coercion, but rather the player base not understanding how time-consuming game development is.
    • Agent47 wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

I disagree with the statement "Bytro didn't want to implement them". As freezy said above, the obvious trash suggestions notwithstanding, it's usually not about not wanting to implement something but rather being able to.
      Taking paratroopers as an example, the idea surely came up at some point during early development but other things were already in motion. Over time the feedback became more frequent when at some point the Call of War team said "alright, let's do it" which is the moment planning starts. This also takes a while, so from the point of the inception of the idea to the moment the unit actually goes live, literal years can pass. However, and this is the point I am trying to make, this is not a testament to Bytro needing coercion, but rather the player base not understanding how time-consuming game development is.
      As a developer myself, I think you're incorrect there Agent. A good developer can do anything. If something isn't built when the player base has requested it, its because there isn't enough resource (i.e. Devs), and it isn't a high enough priority for Bytro to build it - Priority comes down to Bytro's prioritisation process and Bytro's product owners, so actually, it's correct to say they didn't want to build it until there was sufficient pressure from the player base for the product owners within Bytro to deem it necessary.

Game development itself doesn't take time, it's writing the tests, unit tests, actual testing & QA, and then the CI/CD pipeline that takes the time. In my experience, ratio is generally 1:5 of Dev-feature : Dev-tests/Testing&QA
    • You are basically picking up on what I mean but I'll specify: Bytro can still want to make paratroopers but if it doesn't fit into their current production cycle it won't happen. Not because they don't want the feature but because the resources are not permitting it at that point. Continued request for a certain feature may put it on the map for the developers more for when the time is right but that doesn't mean they weren't going to do it in the first place.

Either way, we are assuming. Every studio is different and Bytro does a good job, so who cares in the end?
    • i can definitely say bytro does listen, by reading the newest update log.
      @ryanb96's request for a lower expansion penalty was implemented and my request for better tutorials were being implemented. thanks devs
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213