Call of War Update/Unit Ideas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Amphibious Infantry: Amphibious infantry are infantry units meant for assault by sea. They are like normal infantry with small stat adjustments, but their disembark/embark time is extremely reduced. They are immediately converted tp their amphibious form (landing craft) when embarking and are converted automatically to their land form when disembarking. Like paratroopers, they are only useful in certain situations. Amphibious infantry would be very useful when playing as Australia or an island country, as right now it takes forever to capture the AI island countries. They can have bad land stats to balance the unit.

Alternate version: Amphibious Assault Ship: Naval unit. Mix of aircraft carrier, destroyer, and transport. Lvl. 1 can carry 1 carrier-based air unit and 3 ground units. The amphibious assault ship is basically a fast transport ship ideal for launching small attacks across islands (or starting an overseas invasion). Ground units are loaded onto the ship by embarking onto a transport and disembarking onto the ship (reduced disembark time). Like carriers, you can click the ground units on the assault ship. You can move them to attack or move to a province, and they will instantly be converted into transports and sail to the location.

The post was edited 1 time, last by YT_Scrappy BS ().

• Giant Mortar- Giant Mortar can be lvl 2 of Rail gun. It is a historically accurate gun that the Germans used. Bigger range than Railgun and better stats.
      Miss Target Chance- Bytro should SERIOUSLY consider this. In real WWII all bombarding units had a chance to miss their targets, including aircraft and rockets. Im suggesting Bytro adds a varying Miss Target Chance to Artillery, SP artillery, Rockets, Planes, Railguns but NOT ships, which will be enabled for every attack, if Miss Target is hit damage will be reduced by 95%. Not only will this be accurate, it will enhance the gaming expirience and help with balancing issues.
      Flying Bomb: 85% OR 75%
      Rocket lvl 1 miss chance: 75% -lvl2: 50%-lvl3:35%-lvl4:15%
      Fighters(only when hitting ground targets)lvl1: 50%-lvl2:40%-lvl3:30%-lvl4:20%-lvl5:10%-lvl6:5%-elite: 0%
      Tacs(only when hitting ground targets)lvl1:30%-lvl2:15%-lvl3:5%-lvl4 and beyond: 0%
      Attck bombers(only when hitting ground targets): lvl1:20%-lvl2:10%-lvl3 and beyond: 0%
      Strats(only when hitting ground targets): lvl1:35%-lvl2:25%-lvl3:15%-lvl4:5%-lvl5 and beyond:0%
      Naval bombers(only when hitting ground targets): lvl 1:40%-lvl2:30%-lvl3:15%-lvl4 and beyond 0%
      Artillery: lvl1:20%-lvl2:5%-lvl 3 and beyond:0%
      SP artillery: lvl1:10%-lvl2 and beyond:0%
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Colonies: a colony can be a set piece of landmass which will be defined by the player, for a player to make a colony they have to make a special building called colonial capital on an urban province. colonial capitals will increase morale of the colony and 25% of the colony's resource production daily will be placed in the colony capital
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • A short term update i'd like bytro to add will be trade convoys
      when a country accepts a trade they send convoys from one of their provinces to the receiving nation's province, players can choose the route these trade convoys will go, these convoys can be intercepted; on land the trade convoy will be captured and all resources will go to the capturer, but on sea they will be destroyed aka unusable, perhaps resources can be captured by a pirate unit?
      both countries have to send their convoys to their recipients, this will add another diplomatic feature and another uncertainty on the country level
      Note: ship convoys can only go from provinces with local port or naval bases and can only land in local ports or naval bases
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Flamethrower Tank-Historically accurate, fun and good it very gooooooooood.
      Battlecruiser- Historically accurate, i really think more naval units are needed.
      Assault INfantry- Historiccally accurate. Furthermore, infantry is rarely used despite its historicall importance. a stringer infantry type that is accurate would be good. Maybe normal infantry could CONVERT into this at a high level LIKE TANKS.
      mines-SERIOUSLY? WAR GAME WITHOUT MINES???????????????
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • GrandEmpire wrote:

Miss Target Chance- Bytro should SERIOUSLY consider this. In real WWII all bombarding units had a chance to miss their targets, including aircraft and rockets. Im suggesting Bytro adds a varying Miss Target Chance to Artillery, SP artillery, Rockets, Planes, Railguns but NOT ships, which will be enabled for every attack, if Miss Target is hit damage will be reduced by 95%. Not only will this be accurate, it will enhance the gaming expirience and help with balancing issues.

This actually already exists. As most of you probably know, battle damage is calculated every hour in 1.0 and every 30 minutes in 1.5. That's just when the damage updates, which assumes that the artillery is firing as many rounds as possible. There is something called "the X factor," which is a factor that determines how much damage the unit does. This could be interpreted as the "accuracy" of the unit, which assumes that the unit "misses" sometimes.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • I suppose, but what im saying is mainly targeted at rockets to balance out Strats. If rckets were that accurate the Germans could have destroyed Soviet Industry

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

A short term update i'd like bytro to add will be trade convoys
      when a country accepts a trade they send convoys from one of their provinces to the receiving nation's province, players can choose the route these trade convoys will go, these convoys can be intercepted; on land the trade convoy will be captured and all resources will go to the capturer, but on sea they will be destroyed aka unusable, perhaps resources can be captured by a pirate unit?
      both countries have to send their convoys to their recipients, this will add another diplomatic feature and another uncertainty on the country level
      Note: ship convoys can only go from provinces with local port or naval bases and can only land in local ports or naval bases
      I really like this idea, it would make the game a lot more fun especially in the world maps. It would be realistic also since germany sent uboats out to the atlantic sea to sink us/british supply ships. At least maybe we could get a visual update that shows convoy trucks and ships moving from resource provinces to your troops since they need the resource upkeep. They don't have to be destroyable but I think that would look super cool, having a truck follow the supply roads from like a food province down to a certain army. I think each call of war day is about 2 weeks time if it was real so these transports could be sped up. Maybe the transports would be converted to air transports or naval transports if theres a port or airfield. Maybe the supplies could be airdropped aswell.
    • YT_Scrappy BS wrote:

I think it would be cool if we could get additional statistics to the newspaper such as total casualties from this game. Also like a timelapse video showing every battle and progression of territory from each day to the current day, something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVbHBtmkdFA&vl=en
      That would be really cool. People have asked for it before but the devs never respond...

With the new poker unit appearance this should be easy to make.