Morale is still an issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ryanb96 wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

ryanb96 wrote:

RBoi200 wrote:

What I don't understand is WHY you have morale problems... if you play right, you shouldn't.
      Clearly you've never had a very large empire if that is your view.(Also, country has a large impact. If I was e.g. Kazakhstan, then I might be okay because my overall distance to capital and length of empire would be smaller. But as New South Wales, it means my empire is extremely long due to its natural placement)
      Heck I have managed large empires and never had ANY sort of the problem you described, as many people on this thread have said. So I'm afraid, and I'm really sorry for being the one to break this to you, that it is something YOU are doing wrong. I still think it is in capital management (doing this correctly will mitigate neighbor effects as well), but the issue me and others have raised, as you do here yourself now as well, is that your own capital is too remote. You ARE aware that you can move it, and "be like Kazakhstan" as well, right? Why do you insist on keeping your capital in that remote place, if it might help solve your problem?
      Like I explained, this will not solve the issue - and quite frankly will be extremely counter productive.
      Look:
      My Capital is in New South Wales.
      By the time I reach IndoChina, my distance to capital penalty is already at -30.

gyazo.com/0ecd5f09cd0282450b53f36c8f41d875

So YES, I COULD move my capital here. BUT if I did this, then all of my CORE provinces would sink to 10-20% morale due to the penalty. This would absolutely cripple my production of resources and cash, and troop production.

Not only that, but the distance to my frontline would STILL BE -30!
      gyazo.com/1330cc2b7adc372daa5aa0482b72978f

This second pic shows my frontline at Russia from Tsari (Tibet/Indo area) - so sure, this would help my morale in central Asia, but it would destroy my morale in all of Borneo, Philippines, Sumatra, Australia, NZ etc. (where almost all of my high level industry is) - particularly my core provinces.. and the other end (my frontline) would still be just as bad anyway.
      The idea is that if you move the capital to a more favoutrable place you start building propaganda offices in the core provinces to keep production up, this works WELL, yet on big empires there will still be problems on the fringes of the empires, Expansion is one of the nasty ones, but often overlook is the effect of food(resources) shortages, if they are semipermanent this will cause issues too and spread like an oil spil, one cannot fight it with building proganda offices,, one needs to adress this with stationing some defensive forces here to prevent rovolt and start even from lower morale, and to start Hoarding said resources again. But Morale remains a nasty issue strategists do not want to bother with too much ;)
    • Yeah, no.
      They have nerfed Garrison requirements, and moral down to it being a non-issue in most games... That's what Propaganda is for, silly...

Yes, Australia is hard to play. Don't pick it then...

And, it's easy: In the Pacific, you are capping 1 or 3 Capitols per day. Your Moral in all Provinces goes thru the roof!
      In Oz, you should take advantage of that; blitzkrieg; and win fast. No sandbagging, you sandbaggers...

You gotta take the bad with the good... roll with the punches, and hit 'em, where they aint...

The post was edited 3 times, last by Crian Carpenter ().

• Heinrici wrote:

Propaganda Offices are not the way to go. Garrison captured cities with units and plan out the capture of enemy capitals when it will benefit you morale a lot. I like to garrison with fast units while slow units make it to new front. Also if you capture a barracks3 for example you can build a militia in 45mins I think.
      Garrison with the slow units, let the fast units blitzkrieg. Right??