Quit-o-meter needed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quit-o-meter needed

The biggest problem for the games atm is IMHO the large and frequent number of drop outs.
      As someone pointed out correctly in another thread, quitting is so common that only the first 3 days of the game are interesting. After that it's all about annexing abandoned nations run by the AI, which is tedious (often the player is left with no choice because the AI declares war all the time).

People may have to quit for various reasons, but I suspect that many casual or erratic players join a game to try their luck and quickly give up at the sight of first setbacks. Or they join a game without country selection and quit because they don't like what they get. I'm in a 100 nation game right now and about 90 of them have made no attacks by day 3.

My suggestion is to introduce something like a trust rating. How often and early a player quits should be translated into a number that can be used for setting up a game just like player rank.

This will make it possible to make games only for dedicated players.

As an alternative, there should be more maps and options for hosting gold round games. Gold cost might also discourage players from quitting instantly.
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

BluPanzer wrote:

A quit-o-meter would lead some active players to bully the inactive players
      Yes, exactly. This is what I meant.
      A lot of things - some are already in the game - could make some players bully others. Gold, anyone...?
      The most important reason for such behaviour is bad manners and low IQ - it's not how the game is made.

For this reason I don't think this excuse is valid.

I also didn't say that the quit-rating should be visible. As far as I'm concerned, it can be hidden to anyone but the player himself. It just prevents a player from joining games that require a higher trust-rating.