Italy- 1939 - Historic World War - a Day by Day report

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Italy- 1939 - Historic World War - a Day by Day report

PREAMBLE
      so, i decided to join a game with friends from global chat two days ago, and only now i had the freedom to write this report. i need your support to help me win! i will try to follow your advice to the letter!

Day 1: i joined as italy with my friends as Brazil, Spain and Mongolia. i decided to get an information influx, i find USSR to be governed by a player i checked recently (week or two ago) in rankings. i checked the stats, not everyone was as experienced as Brazil, UK, USSR and I. I share mapped with UK, France, Brazil, Germany, Romania, Turkey and Spain. I found France to be intimidating, so i built industry and made some infantry. germany and i planned to attack france even though he is our ally. germany allied with poland to attack ussr. UK invaded a gazillion countries, and making is a breakthrough. other things happened, but it isnt as important
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Day 2: i expected ussr to do a stalemate with germany, but instead he went inactive! France went inactive as well along with USA, Canada and Mexico. i was continuing to build an army, and then, drats! germany took moscow, and he said to me that if you invade france i will invade you, it was really threatening as i have not reached positions yet and my army is still small. he changed his mind and said he'll attack france. he called me sttupid because i moved my rmy inland to france, yet some convincing later i made him realise how efficient my plan is. germany has a massive ego and thinks justt bcos he was faster to choose germany, he is better than everyone else. i said i need 10 hrs to make sure my plan does not fail, he says, "i will invade now with western troops, i have no chance of failure, i can destroy anything". i backstabbed france and took paris destroyd the mediterranean fleet and bombarded south france with minimal casualties. germany went headlong to the maginot line and now his armies are half strength even though he atttacked with numerical superiority. i sure hope to attack him along with UK.
      btw i joined UK's coalition.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Germany in Historic? Interesting... You could kill him easily with fast units cos he got no central defence.
      Also its really wierd to me how easily and lightly players talk about betraying... i have a code and i have NEVER betrayed.
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • I never saw France as my ally, he is the kind of guy that goes inactive, i am just a vulture ready to eat the dead carcass.
      As for Germany,, he is too egoistic to be left alive

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Ah... would've liked to join that game. Sounds pretty decent, although inactivity of players is still an issue.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Day 3: I tried to do a failed invasion of germany but things have calmed down (i tried to move into his core without war), i invaded switzerland and took north africa, i intend to modernize my army a tad bit more, and i find myself hamsttringed due to resource shortages, as of now i see these german stacks. alas, i cant upload images, but here are the numbers:

Stack in Nuremberg: 1 lvl 2 AA, 1 lvl 2 AT, 1 lvl 1 armoured car, 2 lvl 3 artillery, 1 lvl 1 heavy tank,, 3 lvl 3 infantry, 1 lvl 2 light tank, 2 lvl 1 mechanized infantry, 1 lvl 2 medium tank and 1 lvl 2 motorized infantry

Stack in Stuttgart: 1 lvl 2 AA, 1 lvl 3 arttillery, 2 lvl 1 heavy tanks, 6 lvl 3 infatry, 2 lvl 2 lightt tank, 1 lvl 2 med tank, 1 lvl 2 motorized infantry and 1 lvl 1 tank destroyer

Stack in Munich: 1 lvl 2 strategic bomber, 1 lvl 3 tactical bomber and 2 lvl 1 rocket artillery

Secretary of Nova0213
    • how to destroy them?

Secretary of Nova0213
    • yes i will do that, Artillery will be buffed and Planes can come soon

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Day 4: i invaded switzerland after the failed german invasion, Brazil meanwhile was advising germany to attack me. i took zurich and other north african citties. mongolia beats back manchukuo and attacks ussr, uk takes almoost the entirety of middle africa and egypt, he is still invading sa at day changr,, i was placed in a predicxament,, germany will invade if i don't attack first, i made german troops go tto yugoslavia and sent a unit to munich

Secretary of Nova0213
    • what happens in day 5 will be revealed when day 6 starts.. i can however say, i did so good, mongolia stated in chat that whenever he sees me in a game he will immediately attack me

Secretary of Nova0213
    • well, the decision i made in day 5 was the literal worst decision i made in my CoW career, i intend to go on a path of atonement

Secretary of Nova0213
    • whowh wrote:

lol. Make sure to become a monk and pray for 25 hours a day.
      how did you already know that i am a buddhist monk?

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Day 5: i did the worst decision EVER, i backstabbed Germany :( :( :( <X .. tho i thought he was egoistic and that he wanted to win solely through being Germany and the rather angry diplomacy messages he sent... i felt heart-broke when i saw what he typed in the later part.. he was angry, then sad, then asked for mercy, then finally began contemplating despair. i did very-very bad, coupled with the fact that i am not even allowing him to win, he has joined many games and was backstabbed for the 8th time in a row... mannn i did bad. slowly but surely i began dissolving his armies with artillery, destroying 30+ units while losing only 4.. i took berlin.. the battle of Germany was won.. but at what cost? during the middle stages of the war i saw that Germany himself was a good player but he repeatedly got backstabbed, and held no grudges against me because i was 'Good to him' and he asked for forgiveness if he offended me. but what i had committed makes it pale in comparison. i send an offer, i leave his cores, then he comes and takes it back, and we win together. but i was too late he left...

Mongolia commented in global chat that he would attack me first thing if he sees me in any of his games.
      brazil asked why i didnt join his coalition. i didnt join bcos i already applied to UK coalition
      Poland invaded me without declaring war.. so far i have 0 casualties and he has 4k.
      Mongolia is now scared of japan after what i did to Germany, i now support him, and am co-ordinating with my coalition (India and UK) to take out Japan.

Brazil stated that what i did to France when i invaded it was pretty messed up.
      the invasion of germany was even more so

Secretary of Nova0213