In game chat moderation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In game chat moderation

Having a situation in one of my games right now. Another player who I was in a coalition with became abusive during the game. So simple enough. I drop the coalition and distance myself from it. Of course we are in countries connected so we ended up in a war that I won. Unfortunately that is when the real problem happens. This player begins sending me messages. LOTS OF THEM. Basically harassment. Immature jokes. Called me a few nasty names. I do what I think is right and report him. The report wasn't answered for almost 2 days. While that is not the overall issue I do think that is a bit long. Still when it is answered the moderator goes in and just simply deletes the messages? Of course afterwards nothing stopped the player from sending even more. Nothing more annoying after 2 hours to log in and see you have 32 events that happened. Only to realize that only 2 of them were relevant to the battle and the other 30 are messages from the troll. I report him again. Another day goes by with no answer from chat, and continuous harassment from the troll. I finally tell the troll that he is a disrespectful little child and needed to grow up. Please leave me alone! So this morning. I got a message in my inbox. I got the warning????? Seriously?

So with all that said and what has happened happened. I'm not even that mad. Okay. I did violate the TOS for telling the little troll what I though of him, but I can't help but think. Couldn't all this be avoided with a simple chat block? I can't think of a game I ever played that didn't have an option to block chat from another user. It should be in the game because this method of chat moderation seems pretty ineffective against the true trolls. I'm simply not interested in playing a game that allows this type of harassment with slow ineffective responses. So I ask whoever is in charge. Please consider a block or something that is more effective than the system you have now. Good day to you all and thanks for hearing me out! :)
    • whowh wrote:

You should have reported him before he reported you.

I'd advise messaging back the mod that sent you the warning and writing an explanation (with the thread attached possibly). And perhaps ask the chat mods for some help with this.
      I was the first to report and I did message the moderator back. Honestly I don't even think he reported me. For what would he do it for? I said nothing until that final post telling him he was a brat. Still the point of my post is just a chat block suggestion. I'm not trying to do a he said she said. Who is right or wrong in this situation. He was being a troll, and I finally told him off. Make no mistake. I am aware by doing that I did violate the TOS, and two wrongs don't make a right. As I said though. It's an easy thing to have been avoided if we had a chat block in the game. Seems to me it would save players and the mods a lot of time and maybe some sanity. LOL

The post was edited 1 time, last by American Warrior ().

• American Warrior wrote:

whowh wrote:

You should have reported him before he reported you.

I'd advise messaging back the mod that sent you the warning and writing an explanation (with the thread attached possibly). And perhaps ask the chat mods for some help with this.
      I was the first to report and I did message the moderator back.
      best of luck then
    • Reminder that posting screenshots of private messages, either from support staff or with another player, is against the ToS.

Now, regarding the topic, please know that not all action that we take is viewable by other players. Just trust that we are taking action according to our policies, and keep reporting rulebreakers.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

Reminder that posting screenshots of private messages, either from support staff or with another player, is against the ToS.

Now, regarding the topic, please know that not all action that we take is viewable by other players. Just trust that we are taking action according to our policies, and keep reporting rulebreakers.
      I don't question that your taking action on the offenders according to your policies. Although I do question if your policies are effective enough as I said in the first post, but that is not why I came to post this situation. This is under suggestions and criticisms. Mine more of the suggestion of having a blocking option like lots of other games do. That is all.