Japan 25p Playthrough

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Invasion of Manchukuo begun. Mongolia has been fully captured, and will go for Tannu Tuva tomorrow. Manchukuo, meanwhile, is rapidly collapsing, as I've successfully conquered a large chunk within the first few hours. Right before day change, I'll capture Hsinking and avoid rebellions. Currently, I am fourth largest in army strength, dropped from 3rd and percentage wise dropped from 10% to 9%. USSR has now double my unit count at almost 300 while I'm not even at 150, but my units are more advanced, hence the only 2% army strength gap between us. I still have goods and steel shortages sometimes, but this should be solved soon.

Pan-Asia speed is king.

The USSR rapidly rose from 5th to the 1st in terms of army strength (6% to 11%), while France and Germany's army percentage stayed the same. However, both me and UK's army strength percent dropped.

On a side note, Hong Kong has been captured, and I will proceed to build a capital there soon. Depending on the development of USSR forces, I might decide to focus more on dive bombers instead of tacs. My navy is up to date except for subs, while my airforce is likely the most advanced in the world. However, my army is lagging behind and I might allow Tibet to surpass me in terms of land unit research.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Well, here if you're playing a 1.5 v game, you should take advantage of the spped bonus for fast units. Mot Infantry for example is a hell of an Uber between two cities. Coudl be useful if USSR is playing with slow units, but you will have to have great coordination skills so as to liquidate those armies when encountered.

Looks nice for you to win if you keep building up economy and production buildings.
    • I currently have the most advanced armies but the USSR vastly outnumbers me (he has around 320 units while I have 200 ish). As I'm in a temporary alliance with him, I can focus more on the pacific, hence I'm putting much focus into my navy and airforce. Ground forces wise, I keep a large force of armored cars, light tanks, and infantry (infantry is just there because I run out of steel and oil often building ships and planes).

Also, update: I have begun to attack the Dutch East Indies, using my forces from Siam and Indochina. The AI has a rather large stack in Pontianak, but it's no problem for my navies. I also built a carrier line from Japan to Palau, giving my airforce a second route to attack Southeast Asia. Although I have far fewer units than the USSR, I have the most powerful army due to my advanced airforce and navy. Kuala Lumpur rebelled for the second time in a row, unfortunately. Also, I plan to split up my forces promptly for SBDE.

General overview of my empire thus far. I slowed down expansion a lot recently due to school obligations.

Man, does this list fluctuate a lot. I am now up top, but I still need to ramp up production, especially for my rather fragile land armies.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Day 14: Here comes the slow part: taking over islands. Slugging through Dutch East Indies' smaller islands, began attack on Philippines, Indonesian invasion taking 1:21 casualty ratio while Philippines invasion taking 1:20 ratio. Tibet is doing well against British India, while USSR is... same ol', same ol'. I have decided to stop completely on land unit production since I won't be needing as many land units until my invasion of Australia and possibly the USA mainland. As usual, oil and steel are large problems. I now have 3 main surface fleets, all in Philippines at the moment. They managed to clear out all opposition in the Philippines within a few hours, which I'm very thankful for. Creating the 4th and 5th fleets, and I'm thinking of making a carrier fleet for my long-term invasion of the USA.

My invasion force, consisting of three combined fleets, a cruiser-destroyer fleet, some planes, and 27 land units. All hail Pan-asia.

Another overview. Not much change compared to yesterday, but I'm making progress. Popularity is plummeting, but who cares?

Third largest economy, but obviously I have a long way to go to become no.1

The post was edited 1 time, last by Little Racoon: Apparently I inflicted much more casualties on the Dutch and Americans than I originally thought. ().

• Sorry for this very late update, but much has happened between last post and now. I completed conquest of Southeast Asia, pretty much done with Australia, and even invaded the USSR. Admittedly, the invasion of the USSR was right when he went inactive, but he came back one day later, only to find the entire Siberia conquered (speed is key) and Moscow besieged by Tibet. Now granted, I wasn't able to get my interceptors to assist Tibet, so our air supremacy is still iffy, but we are very near to completely conquering the USSR in... I think 2 or 3 days.

Current empire size: quite big indeed. I can't show you the eastern side yet, but invasion of Hawaii has begun, using a single infantry unit and two fleets. Tibet is actually advancing faster than me in our invasion of the USSR, and he's almost pushed to the Finnish border, currently occupied by Sweden.
      Dropped to 4th most advanced but I dare say I still have the most advanced air force and navy.

• Many boring days later, I finally joined a coalition with Tibet and Sweden, as we were all sick of this dragged out game. We won on day 28, and I'm glad it finally ended. My stats against AI was boosted a lot with my war against the US and Mexico, but since I wasn't very active in the game, I made some dumb mistakes and lost a few troops to Canada. In an effort to assist Tibet, I also took some European lands, including the cities of Kaunas, Belgrade, and Pristina. I ended the game with 388 units, most of which were naval I believe, and 930 VPs. I'm pretty happy for a coalition win, but I wish the players could be more active. The best days were still early game when I fought China.

I wish all these players could be active... alas, only us three remain.

Balkans messed up as usual.

Wish I could have a more fun 25p game next time... Might try for a solo win.

• whowh wrote:

Why couldn't you go for a solo win?

You had over twice as many troops as anyone else!
      I joined with Tibet, so we were aiming for a coalition victory since the beginning. Sweden was the third-largest country, and since we both got bored, we thought we might as well join Sweden's coalition and end it quickly.