Japan 25p Playthrough

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Japan 25p Playthrough

I have never played Japan in Historical 25p before, so I decided today would be a good day to start. I joined with Jasper, a friend in a friendly alliance, who is playing as Tibet. The first few days for me will likely be boring, as Japan has a terrible army but a powerful navy. Initial plans would be to build up my army and airforce, while preparing for possible war against either Manchukuo and China. Manchukuo and the USSR has approached me for an alliance, but I am doubtful whether to ally with Manchukuo, while I rejected USSR's offer as I wanted more of a challenge. A single coalition has been formed, being the USSR, Germany, and Romania.

This is just being optimistic, but I hope to finish the game before day 40.
      Tried to take a world map pic but the file was too big
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • i say take manchukuo before nationalist china, better to get the foothold, ussr Is weak in your side
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • whowh wrote:

WHY IS EVERYONE COPYING ME????

But its quite satisfying.

:)
      It's satisfying, as you said. That's why.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)

• Day 2: China is building up armies at my border. Having a larger economy than I do, I'm considering accepting Manchukuo's offer and attack China before his army overwhelms mine. Obviously, the axis doctrine will work in his favor, but he is still lacking aa at the moment, and if I manage to take him out quick enough with my air superiority, that would do very well in consolidating my position.

However, another side of me is also contemplating attacking Manchukuo first, as Karl suggested. This would obviously be the easier solution, but would mean leaving China to slowly build up while exposing My Chinese territories. Although China has a lower kd, he is an experienced player, so it would prove to be a challenge.

• i suggest taking the initiative.. build some economy, ask for free resources from allies then you invade china with a 24 hour prep time, i think it will be better since manchukuo will take a little bit longer tto destroy now..
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

i suggest taking the initiative.. build some economy, ask for free resources from allies then you invade china with a 24 hour prep time, i think it will be better since manchukuo will take a little bit longer tto destroy now..
      I've discussed with Tibet, and that's what we decided on. My airforce is still vastly superior, and my ACs can easily overwhelm China's infantry-main forces (altho he's building up LTs). Day 3 might turn out to be quite fun, contrary to my plans, after all.

• I have decided to attack Nationalist China before it gets too powerful. Manchukuo doesn't seem to be very active, but at least I know my back door is protected/buffered.

• Day 3: Beginning of the invasion of Nationalist China.

I was unlucky at first. I though China would be asleep when I attacked him, but turns out he was online. Still, I managed to inflict quite some heavy casualties on him, destroying almost his entire airforce at the cost of much of my own. Casualty rate is looking good, and I hope to keep that up.Northern Front

Southern Front

Current casualty rate (about 1:2)

• I apologize for this late day 4 update, but I've pretty much conquered China with Tibet's help. I have also broken the 100-unit milestone, but my production industries (like barracks, ord. foundries, airbase, etc) aren't catching up. I'm planning on slowing troop production down to let my economy catch up.

Conquering China in two days feels good... I love pan-asia.

Also, China's username is Mr Bubble. He's a really chill guy, and although his kd isn't very good, if you do encounter him in your games, please be nice with him. He was unlucky to play as China and be invaded this early. If I had let him build up for a few more days, he might have overpowered me already.

My default navy probably hard carried this stat. Also, unluckily, Britain went inactive, so I'll have to take Hong Kong by force.

Probably the final casualty number. Approx casualty ratio - 10:22

The post was edited 1 time, last by Little Racoon ().

• yep, i think whitelisting is allowed

Secretary of Nova0213
    • i an definitely say game will end before day 40

Secretary of Nova0213
    • YourGaurdian wrote:

USSR/German Empire/UK alive?
      UK unfortunately is inactive (I was waiting for him to hand me Hong Kong on day 7) but the AI gave me RoW. USSR and Germany are allied together. They asked me to join them on day 1 but I refused cos I don't want an easy game.

• It is now day 6. I randomly conquered Macau the day before, but it rebelled, so I'd have to take it back. In the news, I now have the fourth largest economy and I'm finally building up a decent airforce. For today, I'll be attacking Mongolia, and if I feel like it, I will attack Manchukuo as well. Tibet is preparing to attack British Burma, so as soon as he begins his attack, I too will invade Hong Kong and Indochina. Hopefully I don't get overwhelmed.
      Invasion of Mongolia begun. Manchukuo still gave me RoW so I have troops inside it.

The USSR obviously has the largest economy, but I'm now 4th largest in economy and top in terms of VP. For some reason, the USSR is content on invading Persia, while Germany is still invading Poland. Of the top 6 largest economies here, only me and USSR are active players.

• Day 7: not much has happened due to my lowered activity from school work. Still, I made some progress and conquered Ulaanbaatar before day change, thus consolidating my gains. I have now advanced about halfway into Mongolia, and may or may not declare war on Manchukuo soon. In the south, I'm slowly preparing troops for the inevitable stab into Southeast Asia.

Not much has changed. The British for some funny reason is building up troops in Hong Kong. Perhaps they are anticipating an invasion?

I am now pretty high up in technology and research. I hope I can overtake Germany within the next four days.