Pronouns

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi the only real problem I have with CoW is that every player is assumed to use He/Him Pronouns. While I imagine anyone not male might have a problem with this being MTF Trans makes this for me a bit of a problem. Would it be possible to make They/Them the default with an option to change this in User settings. Also you have a gender option on this forum then list the two sexes and no other option
    • Leafeon13 wrote:

Hi the only real problem I have with CoW is that every player is assumed to use He/Him Pronouns. While I imagine anyone not male might have a problem with this being MTF Trans makes this for me a bit of a problem. Would it be possible to make They/Them the default with an option to change this in User settings. Also you have a gender option on this forum then list the two sexes and no other option
      Leafeon, Thank you for your concern. Could you please be more specific as to where you noticed these pronouns? Also the forum does have an option for unspecified, but another option for "they" would be something else we could consider.
      Agent Orange

EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak." - Sun Tzu
    • Heinrici wrote:

Wow this is your first post? how many games have you player?
      if they made 1 post or 100 they are still a player and their opinion matters

Heinrici wrote:

Where does the game use pronouns at all? WTF
      tbh, in-game, i never see pronouns being used aside from the end-game newspaper award roll out/ winner declaration
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • To be honest, all the political and military leaders in this era were men (Churchill, Patton, Rommel, Zhukov, etc etc). By participating in the game, you are roleplaying to BE one of those leaders. So I think there is not really a problem here; the "he/him" is about your in-game character, and not about you as a player/real world person.

You are also addressed as "general" here and there (the front page of the main site, for example), which I'd assume very, very few of our players really are.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Hi It's amazing to see so many responses. In game every player is the male version of ruler be that King, Emperor or so on. The other thing is that when you leave and so on it mentions that the person in question "Has abandoned his responsibilities as ruler" and for someone who frequently re-joins games as I forgot to check it in time that can be annoying. K.Rokossovski I get your point but for that to work you woulf specifically have to make Characters Prime Minister Winston Churchill and so on as opposed to Prime Minister User24453321.
    • You are the first person who complained about this and im not even surprised and not gonna tell why its really obvious! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :00008698: :00008040: :00008359:

I just hope dev's don't waste time on this pointless thing pushed by literally 1 person and not give us an ability to customize our Country's flag which everybody always asked for.It would really show who they value more loyal players or some guy who joined less than a day ago and will quit soon. :|

I just wonder how much I will last before getting a ban. Since I gotta agree with this pointless opinion or insta-ban, Disappointing. :thumbdown:

Not gonna specify who but people like you always join game communities and 90% of you don't even play games only complain about things nobody EVER thought about. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

The post was edited 8 times, last by zecevi123 ().

• Leafeon13 wrote:

Hi It's amazing to see so many responses. In game every player is the male version of ruler be that King, Emperor or so on. The other thing is that when you leave and so on it mentions that the person in question "Has abandoned his responsibilities as ruler" and for someone who frequently re-joins games as I forgot to check it in time that can be annoying. K.Rokossovski I get your point but for that to work you woulf specifically have to make Characters Prime Minister Winston Churchill and so on as opposed to Prime Minister User24453321.
      You're proving my point rather than contradicting it))) The "abandoned as a ruler" is obviously about a character (the he/him), because YOU (the person, them/they) are not a ruler at all.

When you go to a fantasy roleplaying site you can create a male troll character called "Grom". It is your pick to call him Grom, just as it is your pick to be known in this game as user1234123 or whatever (you DO know that you can change it, right?)
      In the fantasy world, you'd expect your "Grom" character to be adressed as a male troll, even though trolls don't really exist (although QAnon might disagree). In this game, you are addressed as your character, a male leader of that era by the name you picked; it doesn't have to be a historical character like Churchill.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • zecevi123 wrote:

You are the first person who complained about this
      Just to be fair, they aren't)))

Gender Specific Messages
      - BIG DADDY.
    • zecevi123 wrote:

You are the first person who complained about this and im not even surprised and not gonna tell why its really obvious! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :00008698: :00008040: :00008359:

I just hope dev's don't waste time on this pointless thing pushed by literally 1 person and not give us an ability to customize our Country's flag which everybody always asked for.It would really show who they value more loyal players or some guy who joined less than a day ago and will quit soon. :|

I just wonder how much I will last before getting a ban. Since I gotta agree with this pointless opinion or insta-ban, Disappointing. :thumbdown:

Not gonna specify who but people like you always join game communities and 90% of you don't even play games only complain about things nobody EVER thought about. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
      Gonna be honest with you From this thread I'm not the only one. I'm not referencing this as being more important that anything else. The other funny thing is that you assumed I am new. New to the forum side of things yeah but Look Leafeon13 up in the game itself and you'll I've been playing for months. :D :D I uam not gonna assume how long you've been playing so I don't know how much of a "Loyal Player" You are but I am annoyed by you assuming I'm trying to assert my problem as something more important than anything else I just played a game I liked, noticed something that i didn't like and after asking where to go I was directed here. Hence I make my first appearance on the Forum. I also dislike your use of "Some guy" when I have already specified I dislike male pronouns. Please can you follow other peoples example here and use either she/her or they/them. Thanks :thumbsup:
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Leafeon13 wrote:

Hi It's amazing to see so many responses. In game every player is the male version of ruler be that King, Emperor or so on. The other thing is that when you leave and so on it mentions that the person in question "Has abandoned his responsibilities as ruler" and for someone who frequently re-joins games as I forgot to check it in time that can be annoying. K.Rokossovski I get your point but for that to work you woulf specifically have to make Characters Prime Minister Winston Churchill and so on as opposed to Prime Minister User24453321.
      You're proving my point rather than contradicting it))) The "abandoned as a ruler" is obviously about a character (the he/him), because YOU (the person, them/they) are not a ruler at all.
      When you go to a fantasy roleplaying site you can create a male troll character called "Grom". It is your pick to call him Grom, just as it is your pick to be known in this game as user1234123 or whatever (you DO know that you can change it, right?)
      In the fantasy world, you'd expect your "Grom" character to be adressed as a male troll, even though trolls don't really exist (although QAnon might disagree). In this game, you are addressed as your character, a male leader of that era by the name you picked; it doesn't have to be a historical character like Churchill.
      You make a good point I haven't thought of it that way. Thanks. I do know I can change that I made the number up. Thanks for being so respectful :)