Realism

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I really like this game and it is one of my most loved games. However many strategies and tactics that apply to real life conflicts don't apply to call of war.
      1. Encirclements and Naval Blockades - There should be a supply system like that which I mentioned in a thread called Supply Lines. In it supply lines flow from your provinces to the capital so that the resources reach the capital. Thus if the UK controlled Canada, with its capital in London, provinces in Canada will have supply lines going out of them to London. Each province will have a supply limit ( how much supply that can go through them ) based on infastructure. Water will have unlimited supply limit. When a enemy unit stands in between the supply line the supply will get disrupted and some of the supply going through will get captured by the enemy. This will make naval blockades efficient. The supply lost will be told as supply disrupted. Similarly Supply that reached the capital will flow out of it to reach the units (no. of supply will be based on unit consumption ). If the right amount of supply doesn't reach the unit, it will lose damage and hp. This will make encirclements efficient.
      2. Disbanding and Combining - Make so that you can disband units, combine the same unit of the same level so that if a lv1 infantry with 10% health combines with a 50% health infantry, a 60% health infantry is made, and the two are removed. And so that you can add a unit to the reserve force. So it doesn't cost consumption. It can be added back to the active force, where it will be spawned in the capital. This will take half a hour/ a hour to happen.
      3. Patrolling - Have a option that aircraft will patrol over the unit and as the unit moves the aircrafts patrol also moves. And if the unit moves out of its range, the plane(s) will relocate to patrol.
      4. Colonies - In this game non-core provinces have -75% production. Thus having colonies spamming over the world is not efficient. So please reduce the production penalty or that slowly you can assimilate a province to become your core over time, removing the penalty.
      5. Proportionate consumption - Make it so that a unit with 10% health will have 10% consumption cost.
    • 1. Supply lines is a good idea... With more changes. U know historically, eg, India was a British colony. But basic things from Europe didn't come to India. So blockades can reduce the morale. Which indirectly decreases the resource production. But directly reducing/stopping resources is not a good idea tbh.
      2. This is NOT AT ALL REALISTIC. I have said this before, to another thread. CoW units have everything implied. They have medics, engineers, riflemen... If u (irl) give a rifle to a medic, that won't help. So not good at all.
      3. This maybe a paid feature like the fire control of artilleries. (Or make both free). It will do nothing if a man is active.
      4. That's a good point. The devs can reduce it to 50% now. 75 isn't working.
      5. I don't understand this one... Can u elaborate?
    • Supply lines are implied in this game, though I would like to see encirclement be more effective. For example, if a unit is encircled, it will lose 5% HP every hour(same as forced march). Disbanding is a good idea, but reserve forces are implied(in units automatically healing), so combining isn't realistic.
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Maybe Health recovery should be more or less depending on the province or time spent in a province. A higher morale or being close to a new Building (like supply center, or hospital, or what so ever) adds more health per day. In that case, you're implying that supply lines (specially troops) must continue to flow to defend and help other units retreat. Whiiich is kind of how supply lines worked.
      Would like to see an application of this with airplanes... Also.
      Planes are not only for damage, they are great logistic elements