Germany- 1939 Historic World War - Day by Day Report

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Germany- 1939 Historic World War - Day by Day Report

Hi I saw a few of you guys were doing these day by day report things so I thought it would be cool to do one of my own. At this point the game is already 3 days in so I will fill in what has happened so far.

Day 1: I started by making a coalition called 'League of Nations'. Soviet Union and Italy both wanted in and they were in a good spot so I let them in. Soviet Union was level 40 with 0.60 KDR and Italy was about the same. I could tell by their stats that they were not the best players but I didn't want to have to worry about their borders (for now at least) so I just approved their applications. I also got share map with UK and sweden. My plan was to invade Poland and France early on and gain control of Europe. I moved the 2 light tank divisions near netherlands and belgium to belgiums border and took down belgium with ease. (somehow one tank division dropped to half hp while I was sleeping but I'm not quite sure how that happened). For productions, I went with medium tanks, tac bombers, and motorized infantry. From what I have learned by playing so far, stacks of medium tanks and motorized infantry are kinda op and paired with sp anti air it is almost unstoppable. Anyways, Poland was mostly defeated by day 1, Belgium was occupied and now I had to develop a plan to take france. Plan A: throw my freed up units from poland through Belgium to outflank the maginot line like how germany did irl. Plan B: Me and Italy would pincer France's border in an attempt to get his units in the maginot line to either move to the border, allowing me to make a big push through the center, or to get his units to move forward and attack my fortified units (more of a trap) where his units would suffer high losses and then I could make a counterattack towards his fortifications. France was level 50 with a 0.90 kdr so I was not so worried about losing the war. In the end I decided with a hybrid strategy that involved pelting his units with artillery while Italy would attack from the south and I would attack from the north. Oh yeah I forgot to mention France made a coalition in response to seeing my and italy working together called the 'resistance pact'. USA joined who was level 49 but I did not think he was a threat at this point.

Day 2: I moved my attacking army in belgium straight to paris to confuse him and try to draw out his units. I found most of his air force sitting in the city and i attacked their planes with my planes before they could get in the air. I made a big push deep into france gaining lots of territory and reaching all the way to spain border. The artillery attacks were slow, and I had to pull back a few artillery divisions (since they were also getting attacked by french artillery). However, France could not let his units sit there while their hp slowly went down. He removed his units from the fortifications and retreated them. That was his first big mistake as I was able to rush his defenses. Italy attacked its border with france by rushing the fortifications and suffering huge losses. i was like wtf italy you have to go around. Then a possible turning point for France occured. Spain joined his coalition and began moving units into france to help defend. Spain was level 90 with 4.0 kdr so I was scared of him. I was also basically 1v2ing them since Italy was being useless. Overnight I lost a lot of territory resetting me to where I was in the morning (basically paris and a few provinces behind it). I had overextended a lot since I did not expect Spain to get involved. I tried to see if France was willing to surrender already but he replied "no surrender".

Day 3: Bringing reinforcments through the collapsed maginot line, I made another push this time towards the southern part of france. Within 24 hours I had most of France occupied and a strong line of reinforcments coming. Spain was moving his units around capturing undefended land and I was chasing his units trying to regain the land. Eventually Spain brought his units back towards core spain (I think to regroup but im not sure why exactly). I captured almost all of france and began invading Spains south coast. Unfortunatley, I lost quite a bit of territory due to uprisings. I also found US transports heading towards occupied france but luckily I had subs in those spots to sink them. I began a new tactic to try to demoralize the resistance pact with propaganda. I came up with 6 articles aimed to deplete their morale and get them to quit. #1: Resistance Pact couldn't defend france. #2: Spain cares more about his own land than his ally. #3 USA is terrible strategist, his movements have resulted in high casualties for nothing. #4 usa doesnt care about its units. #5 france defense plan and maginot line failed terribly. #6 resistance pact isnt even a resistance. These propaganda articles focused on high casualties and how my army was way more powerful than it actually was. I also lied that I knew where all their armies were and they were inflitrated with spies (which was partially true except the spies werent doing much). It worked way better than I had planned. Spain basically started spamming that I was using gold which he didnt have (i never used gold) and France surrendered. Spain quit and I planned to take his land. I let France chill in africa with a limited army cap and told him we can eventually be allies maybe. USSR and Italy im pretty sure were both afk as well as uk. Day 3 was a huge success and gave me access to roll through southern europe with little resistance.
    • Did the USA go inactive too? If not, he has a huge navy. He can kill you. U should take help from france. Also, if u got enough army, and right if way through ussr, u can attack Mongolia/china. They are annoying after a while.
    • seems the lvl 90 kd 4 guy farmed his stats at clash of nattions
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Very intresting. Start thinking of completely dominating the lesser countries, and go for scandavania, afk OR active sweden, both are a nuisance
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • here is my 10/10 advice, always choose europe if ur a good player, you will get w win quicker
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Day 4: Today almost everyone went AFK. The remaining players are Sweden, brazil, Argentina, china, japan, Australia, India, and the UK. China, Japan, and India are together in an Asia coalition but do not have much land yet. UK has not done anything so I think he will go afk soon. Since my allies Italy and USSR both are AIs now I recruited Sweden and brazil to my coalition. Sweden because he is skilled at the game and has also been giving me info on Spain and France; I want him on my side even though there is not much room for him to expand. Brazil because I think he will be able to take all of north and south America with time and not much resistance (i don't want to fight him later after he has conquered 2 entire continents). The resistance pact coalition collapsed after France's downfall and France said he told his coalition to not fight me anymore. However, the USA did not agree to my ceasefire trade and became an AI. I will have to fight him eventually but that's not something I really want to worry about at the moment. Following France's surrender and Spain's evacuation of his core territory, I was able to finish up core Spain. Spain managed to save a small fleet of ships and a tank division but I do not believe this to be a threat at the moment because he will eventually run out of resources to upkeep the units. Part of the terms of France's surrender was that he had to share his map with me and I would give him right of way, but he has not responded to this offer and I believe he and Spain may attempt an attack when I least expect it. Spain used his last tank division to roll through ai Egypt which I did not see coming. Sweden however has share map with both me and Spain and agreed to let me know if Spain sends units towards me. I also took down many of the AI near me, Portugal, Luxembourg, Danzig, Lithuania, Netherlands, Switzerland, and Slovakia. Today I started running into resource shortages on goods and iron so I have begun construction on industries in a few provinces. I'm planning on making doom stacks of 3 med tanks + 2 motorized infantry + 3 SPARTY + 2 SPAA which I read somewhere else on the forum is a good strategy for axis. The last thing I did today was send a small army to try to take out Yugoslavia before the elite AI could start spamming antitank/militia stacks. My plan now is to gain control of Europe by taking out Italy, UK, Hungary, Romania, and Greece, then going towards the middle east. If Spain or France get close to becoming strong then I will have to stomp them out before they are powerful enough to strike. I am currently leading the game with 350ish points compared to USA and UK's 280.
    • YT_Scrappy BS wrote:

3 med tanks + 2 motorized infantry + 3 SPARTY + 2 SPAA
      Why two SP AA? one should be enough. also my persona combo i made up is 4 meds, 1 mech infant, 3 motorized infant, 2 Tank Destroyers. Thats a total of 10, but if enemy has lots of planes swap a med for SP AA. Artillery can just follow behind
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • YOU MEAN TANKS

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • But being serious, no problem man. That stack is invented my myself, so thanks for thinking its good

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • i am too lazy to make death stacks, it's also part of the reason why my armies are able to do much much more than my enemies in differing conditions

Secretary of Nova0213
    • subs cant supportt ur army, but attacks of axis are really good

Secretary of Nova0213
    • I reckon planes are obsolete. AA is so OP against planes that putting TOO much into planes is useless

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength