1.5 Province Rebellion Guide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1.5 Province Rebellion Guide

As many of you have noticed in the past few months, provinces often rebel, and it can be annoying. In 1.0 there was basically no risk of rebellion and you can easily blitz a country within a few days. However, since provinces have a 19% chance to rebel if no units are in it, it is much harder to rush. This update has probably impeded the conquests of most players. The solution is actually pretty simple. Morale usually changes after day change. You don't need to leave a lot of units behind to guard the provinces you have captured. Just guard the cities with 1-3 units, the cities are the ones that actually can pose a threat because they can produce units. Just leave the provinces empty because you can always capture them later on. Capturing the enemy capital can be helpful to morale. It raises morale by 10%. Try to capture the capital earlier in a war.
    • Or better yet, if possible, capture every province and destroy most of the enemy BUT WAIT to capture the capital city until before day change.

Again, that's if the scenario presents itself and you can micro-manage a little before the day turns in your game.

I actually think I conquer areas SOOO much quicker using this method than in 1.0
    • Tribunate wrote:

Or better yet, if possible, capture every province and destroy most of the enemy BUT WAIT to capture the capital city until before day change.

I organize my entire game plan around this concept. I move armies and start wars in a specific order, to ensure I'm ending 1 war per day, taking the capital in the last 15 minutes of the day. Armies are on wait timers in many cases, to ensure they roll into the capital 5-15 minutes before day change.

Playing as Australia on a recent 1939 Historical map, I sent an invasion force supported by a stack of battleships to Central America, landing in Guatemala. For the next 2 weeks, I took one country per day, first working down the coast, then splitting the force to work East through Colombia and South through Peru. One capital per day.

My empire was safe from rebellion, everywhere. It didn't mater how many wars were happening in Asia and Africa. My production was maxed out at 100% all the time. The steady pop, pop, pop of enemy capitals in Central and South America fueled my morale all the way to an easy victory.