What are the signs of dangerous players in game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Karl von Krass wrote:

no. I mean technically yes, there have been players so inept in this game they can't help but use gold, such may not affect good players, but bad playing and trying to mask with gold always affects oneself.
      well, i have never lost a fair battle

so I guess the second most anooying thing after gold is Wr/map ... if its high wr (70-100%), he is more than likely to be a gold user
    • General Michaelis wrote:

Karl von Krass wrote:

no. I mean technically yes, there have been players so inept in this game they can't help but use gold, such may not affect good players, but bad playing and trying to mask with gold always affects oneself.
      so I guess the second most anooying thing after gold is Wr/map ... if its high wr (70-100%), he is more than likely to be a gold user
      or just wins a lot.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • ramisthand76 wrote:

Learn the warning signs that can alert you to a problem.
      Write that on a tile and hang it on the wall.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.

if its high wr (70-100%), he is more than likely to be a gold user
      Not really, if you look at my WR I have 63%, if you only take into account my last 15 matches I probably have like 80%. Most of the high wr players simply play with guys that work well as a team, like me, also keep in mind that it's way easier to win a 12-player scenario than a 100-player one.

Sadly it's hard to tell whether a player is a gold spammer just by their stats, but I've seen that most of them fall between the 1.5-2.5 kill ratio (weird, one would expect them to have over 4.0) and they are over LVL 100.
      Another somewhat weird tendency I've seen is that they seem to be clustered in the same alliances, we even have a list of gold spamming alliances
    • Julianc97 wrote:

General Michaelis wrote:

if its high wr (70-100%), he is more than likely to be a gold user
      Not really, if you look at my WR I have 63%, if you only take into account my last 15 matches I probably have like 80%. Most of the high wr players simply play with guys that work well as a team, like me, also keep in mind that it's way easier to win a 12-player scenario than a 100-player one.
      Man, it is hard to find a good team. I love communicating. Often, players just sit there like it isn't a war game. One guy I am playing with right now does absolutely nothing. I even encouraged him to build some ICs. He isn't AFK, but he isn't doing anything. So I left to coalition and he is begging me to rejoin. Victory through passivity. While I won't attack him, I won't let him ride my coattails without an effort. Sorry, had to vent. :) [MoshieDyan]
      Player Name: MosheDyan68
      ID: 30148568

Have fun. Stay young. Follow Jesus.

Karl von Krass wrote:

Do you guys use ANY gold?
      Player Name: MosheDyan68
      ID: 30148568

Have fun. Stay young. Follow Jesus.
    • I don't use gold at all. Not normally.

And that name in square brackets? Don't give funny ideas to people... (May be thought of as you are blacklisting)
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Not going inactive every match will raise your win rate to nearly 50% by itself.

Also: "Trading space for time. Most players dont understand this. 'Retreating, regroup and fight in the terrain that is to your advantage. It's better to lose a couple of provinces until you give battle that is in your advantage.'"

Invaluable.
      JTRoulin

The post was edited 1 time, last by JTRoulin ().

• Pilgrim2 wrote:

Man, it is hard to find a good team.
      Join a good Alliance. I've been thru several and finally found one that works . We talk on Discord and I go into battle with people that are active.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • Pilgrim2 wrote:

Karl von Krass wrote:

And that name in square brackets? Don't give funny ideas to people... (May be thought of as you are blacklisting)
      What square bracket name are you referring too? That is my player name.
      he thought it was the name of the other guy
      “ To command is to serve, nothing more and nothing less.”

For support ticket click here

forum rank list(the better one)

join my discord server>discord.gg/nbydn7sEaS

:00010166:
    • For me the biggest indicator at a glance of their player card is the number of Active Player Kills if they kill 100 Active Player units per game played. I consider them players that aren’t gonna go AI on day three and they’re competent enough to do damage to you if you aren’t focused.

AI kills are worth looking at too because it gives you an indication of their focus, if I see a player with a lot of AI kills and low Active Player kills, I usually anticipate them being players who wait until day three and start fighting after the AI takes over.
    • Pilgrim2 wrote:

General Michaelis wrote:

Karl von Krass wrote:

well, i have never lost a fair battleso I guess the second most anooying thing after gold is Wr/map ... if its high wr (70-100%), he is more than likely to be a gold user
      Do you guys use ANY gold?
      I try not to use any, but sometimes, if I'm like 300 resources short of something, and I know I can't wait until I get them normally (sleep or something), and the price on the market is really inflated, then I'll spend that 150g. I might make some exceptions when it comes to other gold spenders though.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• I use gold sometimes, if research is about to finish in less than an hour but I won't be available then. Sometimes to speed up production (not like in an unfair way). Basically just to produce stuff more efficiently, and wouldn't affect the course of the game negatively to other players.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

I use gold sometimes, if research is about to finish in less than an hour but I won't be available then. Sometimes to speed up production (not like in an unfair way). Basically just to produce stuff more efficiently, and wouldn't affect the course of the game negatively to other players.
      Yeah, that's basically how I use it. It has like no noticeable effect on other players, but makes stuff just a tad more convenient for me.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!