What are the signs of dangerous players in game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• -0-0-0 wrote:

BMfox wrote:

-0-0-0 wrote:

Any army with +10 units is Overstsacked
      That's not true. A stack with 10 artillery, 10 infantry and 5AA is within SDBE. The 10 artillery will always attack from range. If the stack is attacked in melee battle than the 10 infantry will fight. If the stack gets attacked by planes than the 5AA and 5 infantry will defend. So the stack is 25 units but still in range, melee or in air defence it is always SDBE optimized.
      Could you clarify then what are the penalties of overstacking an army with +10 units? As I understand from your response there are no penalties as the 10 stonger units are the ones that will fight in every situation, so it's just a super-army with masive hitpoints that will always fight at 100% in the area needed.

On the wiki says the following:
      Also, on the unit display there's a clear sign where the maximun is 10:

stack.PNG
      The 10 strongest units there should have a continuation like -that inflicts the most damage on the enemy.

As BMFox said. If you have lets say 30 units in a stack composed of 10 ARTY, 10 AT, and 10 AA. It works like this. For example a stack of 10 tanks enters the range of the 30 stack, the 10 ARTY damage it with their stats since the AA and AT really cant do anything since they dont have range.

When that unit comes close enough that they lock with the 30 unit stack in Close Quarter Combat (CqC), the 10 AT have the highest dmg on the tanks, so they become the strongest 10 units.

Same goes if a unit of planes attacks the 30 stack, its the AA that become the 10 strongest units.

But while this happens, the damage done by the tanks and the planes are distributed to the entire 30 units of that stack. So thats how it works great.
    • MadMike69 wrote:

the simple way to put it is :

If you have more than 10(eg 12) , the extra (2) will not cause any damage.

Your damage efficiency of the total stack won't be at its best because 2 units aren't fighting.

Your combat efficiency will still be at its best, because the best 10 are fighting.
      Thanks for the response. That means Divisions with overwhelming hitpoints can be created without any penalties, it will only inflict the damage of the 10 best units but the damage-received will be spared between the 11-? units that form the Division.

Shouldn't that be conider a bug? I am asking this because the army size indicator marks "x out of 10", so in that case any army with more than 10 units should be penalized.

Maybe penalized by reducing a % of damage-inflicted by the number of "extra" units in the stack, or by making the potential damage-recieved by a stack of 10 equal for all units in the stack instead of sparing it between the 11-? units.
    • Well if you have a stack of 10 artillery and 10 melee troops and you are locked in melee battle than only the 10 melee troops will fight. Theoretically you are still only at 50% efficiency.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Eunizerx03 wrote:

If you see this. Then you know you are done for. No average player can pull this off. This is advanced strategy in my honest opinion.
      Yeah. it is most dangerous sign anyways. I am one of first players, who used it. First try in cow 2014, advanced developing in CoN, because CoN had stack limits since start of game, and returned use in CoW 1.5...

The post was edited 3 times, last by Last Warrior ().

• cl0xy wrote:

Eunizerx03 wrote:

If you see this. Then you know you are done for. No average player can pull this off. This is advanced strategy in my honest opinion.
      Depending on what day this is, you could easily counter it with a 30 stack airforce, I make that by day 10.
      If they have skilled anti-air, there comes the real problem.
      Even without separated AA you would lose all of your 30 aircraft squadrons and in worst case dont kill single unit.
      advanced infantry and AC have enough AA ability. he has 6 stacks your airforce would gain six times defencive damage every own attack. There is no airforces wich are even 4 time stronger than land units same levels.

And in this case, (he had 4 AA in each stack) you would lose all 30 squadrons in 1 or max 2 attacks or 2 max 4 patrol ticks.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Last Warrior ().

• MadMike69 wrote:

the simple way to put it is :

If you have more than 10(eg 12) , the extra (2) will not cause any damage.

Your damage efficiency of the total stack won't be at its best because 2 units aren't fighting.

Your combat efficiency will still be at its best, because the best 10 are fighting.
      This is the replacement for SBDE so you can't produce an unbeatable Doom stack correct?
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • if i may say.

in my opinion there are 3 things that need to watch carefully.

1. how fast that player expanding
      it is not always but can be futile, at least you know that he can expand that fast that mean he has a good tactic, good army composition or he build like early army that will have effect in early game but will be useless for offensive in mid and late game.

2. enemy building
      we may can't see what is the building usually marked with question mark. but judging from how many building that player has build, u need to beware of that player

3. use newspaper
      watch as largest economic production, mightest army or about the research.
      any of those things that above you, you should rethink
      largest economic mean the player can massive produce or build
      mightiest army mean yea you know how strong the army
      and the research mean that player can outperfomed you

i once fight someone that have higher research than me but i have the mightiest army and largest economic prodcution
      so it's like quantity vs quality. I win but it cost about 3/4 strike force and only left some early unit or my force are lose a lot of hp.
      that said all that 3 are matter, never went to over in 1 thing that will make things unstable and in long term will cripple your for awhile
    • samkun wrote:

1. how fast that player expanding
      it is not always but can be futile, at least you know that he can expand that fast that mean he has a good tactic, good army composition or he build like early army that will have effect in early game but will be useless for offensive in mid and late game.
      Expansion means nothing about winning. In fact, the people who conquer 5 nations by day 3 are the most weakest players. Numberwise or possibly gold-spam wise, they may be the strongest, however, most of their forces will be thinned out, with rebellions occurring in many provinces for them to be able to handle at once. You should never rapidly expand your land/forces unless you are over 90% sure that no neighbors of you or your conquested lands will be able to defeat you with their alliances/experience.
      If you say there are no limits in the world, why do you say to keep trying until you get something right? There is no limit of wrong answers, you're wasting your life away for a goal you can never reach. :00002178:

-Alexandera Nevsky
    • Ob the contrary i must say militia very good but using only that is restraining.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Well for my experience is to look out for newspaper reports on what kind of troops he using to attack enemy troops since newspaper reports will indicate his attacks and killing tactics on enemy troops. Also watch out for his K/D. If his K/D is 3 or above, be careful that player may be extremely dangerous in the later stages in the game. Furthermore look at his army strength, research level and the size of the player's nation economy in the newspaper will help you gauge how well this player is doing in the game. Hope this helps
      "One must embrace Evil Tanya Von Degurechaff's personality and ideas to be stronk in Call of War. The use of Gold from Bytro won't stop the great Evil Tanya at all" ~~Sun Tzu, Author for Art of War, 2021 CoW Edition.

"Being X must not take over Bytro Labs and its gold or we will lose" ~~Tanya Von Degurechaff, Circa 2021

• Karl von Krass wrote:

check if the player is named Karl....
      on a serious note here is how to gauge a player's threat
      1. performance against his enemies in the game
      2. if there are other players in the same alliance
      3. economy size
      4. whether the player declares, embargoes then declares or suddenly attacks.

on a side note, stats lie, just recently, a player complained to me about 3 of my alliance members and that they were new yet they thrashed him around (accused them of multi) , a nice enlightening discussion with my alliance members revealed that the guy could be destroyed just by 1 of them aka not exactly skilled.
      the guy joined 110 games and won more than 50% with 43 solo victories
      Exactly Karl, this is how players win CoW game rounds easily.
      "One must embrace Evil Tanya Von Degurechaff's personality and ideas to be stronk in Call of War. The use of Gold from Bytro won't stop the great Evil Tanya at all" ~~Sun Tzu, Author for Art of War, 2021 CoW Edition.

"Being X must not take over Bytro Labs and its gold or we will lose" ~~Tanya Von Degurechaff, Circa 2021

• Genghis Khanson wrote:

Total wins against how many games they've joined. K/d is helpful and always read the paper.
      I would add total "Individual" wins - Coalition wins are many times just luck that you join a good Coal.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • I mainly look at the player's level. If the player is under level 40, then they are probably rather easy to defeat. Level 50-80, a bit risky but still possible. Level 80+, don't even try, they are a pro and they know what they are doing.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Donk2.0 wrote:

I mainly look at the player's level. If the player is under level 40, then they are probably rather easy to defeat. Level 50-80, a bit risky but still possible. Level 80+, don't even try, they are a pro and they know what they are doing.
      Not true, I even once encountered a high level player but his stats is shet lol. You got to see his KD against players and AIs. Also take note on his province win or loss rate. Furthermore take a look at his stats what kind of troop type he lost. With these information, you will know whether he's a strong or weak player.