What are the signs of dangerous players in game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are the signs of dangerous players in game?

Telltale signs of dangerous player? 87
        K/D Ratio (47) 54%
        Province Won/Lost (3) 3%
        Unit Kills (5) 6%
        Army composition (32) 37%
      I have a question for you guys, I know gauging a player for his/her skill in game is important for waging war with them can either turn to victory or defeat. In picking an enemy or prey, how do you gauge the ability of a player and know how much percentage of your success in defeating them?
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • Agent Orange wrote:

Solo victory & Coalition victory vs games joined
      I should have placead that option...

- Sun Tzu

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • check if the player is named Karl....
      on a serious note here is how to gauge a player's threat
      1. performance against his enemies in the game
      2. if there are other players in the same alliance
      3. economy size
      4. whether the player declares, embargoes then declares or suddenly attacks.

on a side note, stats lie, just recently, a player complained to me about 3 of my alliance members and that they were new yet they thrashed him around (accused them of multi) , a nice enlightening discussion with my alliance members revealed that the guy could be destroyed just by 1 of them aka not exactly skilled.
      the guy joined 110 games and won more than 50% with 43 solo victories
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • in essence nothing on the poll are telltale signs, aside from army compositions
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • K/D can be misleading. I have a terrible K/D but only because thats my style, im very good.
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Its based on a combination of k/d, army composition, and solo/coalition wins. If the person won most of his games solo and has a high k/d. He is most likely a dangerous player. Someone who only has tanks is probably new to the game. If a person has a mix of infantry, artillery, tanks, and planes he is a pretty capable and dangerous player.
    • These are my thoughts about the matter

K/D ratio - They are good at killing units which make them dangerous. They can foil plans easily and could counter most unit builds. These players make good tacticians and if paired with good strategy they are very dangerous.

Province won/lost - In my analysis these players could be good at attrition. They can put your efforst to a halt and could grind you slowly and painfully to your defeat. Unit kills does not matter mostly them and depending on their strategy as well. They would strike at you unknowingly and are good at maneuvering their forces in their and outside their territories.

Unit kills are the same in K/D ratio I would not expound them any further.

Army Composition - These players are tricky to deal with. They stack different units to deal with any threats their army faces. These players are mostly good at holding ground and are almost unstoppable in their advances.

That's all for my thoughts...

- Sun Tzu

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker
    • Updated version 45
        Win ratio (18) 40%
        K/D ratio (9) 20%
        army composition (7) 16%
        player rank (5) 11%
        Win number (4) 9%
        Province won/lost (2) 4%
        Unit kills (0) 0%
      I do find high ratios intimidating but just because a player doesn't have high rations doesn't make them a bad player. I have won the past 10ish games I've joined but I still only have a win rate of roughly 1/4.

The post was edited 1 time, last by whowh ().

• Scrappy_ wrote:

1) have they got an insane amount of land in a short amount of time? yes
      2) that means they are using insane amounts of gold right? yep
      3) then they are dangerous right? definitely
      That and if they are really good at resource management too...

Also, I would like to have a word about army composition...

I find it more noobish to mix units that have no range correlation. I mean, in sea I find it far stupid to mix destroyers with battleships. By doing so you would negate the advantages of a destroyer. In my observation, stacking 5 destroyers with 3 battleships would negate the destroyer's capability of attacking. The stack may have more HP but the problem is "damage output". That's why I seggregate ships as far as possible. Same with other units as well... Artillery will be different and will always be at the back of the forward units. If possible I will only mix artillery with SPAAs and that is it.

- Sun Tzu

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker

-Krieg Maker

The post was edited 1 time, last by KriegMaker ().

• Tribunate wrote:

Definitely missing the win/loss ration towards games joined. Especially solo victories. That is the most intimidating to me all the other stats just look pretty.
      ik, some guy with 40 something solo wins was easily rekt by 3 of my alliance buddies, total games played being 17, he later sent me a message saying they are sus

Secretary of Nova0213