Planes in Convoy - Criticism

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Planes in Convoy - Criticism

Have posted this to Mod who say they dont like paras - no expert - dont use them - so not helpful - BUT i have HUGE issue when planes travelling as convoy are stronger than boots on the ground

Had an enemy convoy of planes - yes in convoy that moved into two of my paratroopers who are mobilising - the stats showed that my paratroopers hit inf at 10 Light armour at 5 Heavy Armour at 3.5 and planes 0 {they were mobilising = NOT in plane mode so normal ground troop just cant move} tho they do defend against planes. I rushed a mot Inf and a AC to help take convoy out - so 4 dedicated ground troops against a convoy of planes

The planes won beating all 4 ground troops even tho they are as a convoy - is this because none of my ground units actually have a attack stat against planes? I can understand ground troops cant attack planes which are flying but whilst in convoy??

Surely anything on land in convoy must be able to be attacked by ground troops?
      Also planes in convoy are faster than most ground troops crossing anything other than flat plains - no moderator for terrain so when crossing mountains thru forrest in urban they travel at 40 - what else travels at 40 thru mountains?
    • mmm i guess i forgot the question = lol
      what actualy do ground troops attack a convoy of planes at, as none apart from AA give an attack stat for planes whilst in convoy or otherwise
      and as the planes showed they were defending AND attacking my paras what STAT do planes use for attacking whilst in convoy mode AND i presume the defence stat should be lower if they are all cargoed up for transport rather than flying around?

it still makes no sense that an unsupported convoy {of planes - all boxed up on the back of lorries} can wipe out for very little damage to themselves - four dedicated land units
    • is that 0.5 in attack or defense as they showed they did both - attack and defend

none of my units have attack rating against planes so does that mean they cant attack a plane convoy? - if they can at what ratio? - i presume now that they cant attack a plane in convoy mode but only defend against them and use a ridiculously low figure to do that?
    • Do you have screenshots of this occuring? How weak were your units?

Yea remember the base damage rate is 0.5 for all units in the game so they will be dealing some damage

(I would imagine in a plane convoy there would be a few military police rifleman to help defend a little)
    • I also noticed (as discussed in a different thread) that both planes in convoy and land units at sea are much stronger than they used to be, and can put up a serious fight against dedicated troops. I had 2 subs unable to take out 5 land units, and a mot.inf losing against four planes. @freezy, please look into this, they're just too strong!
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Telmah69 wrote:

mmm i guess i forgot the question = lol
      what actualy do ground troops attack a convoy of planes at, as none apart from AA give an attack stat for planes whilst in convoy or otherwise
      and as the planes showed they were defending AND attacking my paras what STAT do planes use for attacking whilst in convoy mode AND i presume the defence stat should be lower if they are all cargoed up for transport rather than flying around?

it still makes no sense that an unsupported convoy {of planes - all boxed up on the back of lorries} can wipe out for very little damage to themselves - four dedicated land units
      Bug, same thing happenned to me in Clash of nations map
      Noob
    • I believe that the issue has to do with Armor Class, if you notice that the convoy of this attack bomber has an identified AC of medium armor. 3 Axis Motorized Infantry vs 1 Attack Bomber convoy does only 4.6 damage in its first attack.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel