What is your guys' opening strategy for the normal game modes? (5 urbans per person modes)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is your guys' opening strategy for the normal game modes? (5 urbans per person modes)

Follow template pls:

Urban Buildings:
      Non-Urban Buildings:
      Research:
      Production:
      Diplomacy:
      Coalition:

Invasion:

Here is mine:

Urban Buildings: 3 Tank plants + 1 Barracks grouped together, then the last urban is either ordnance or aircraft factory.
      Non-Urban Buildings: Infrastructure connecting urbans if necessary, Industry in oil and iron, Fortifications if playing UK.
      Research: Depends on Doctrine, but generally I try to rush out Mot infantry and LTs then get artillery and interceptor.
      Production: Wait till motorized infantry and light tanks are done researching then I make stacks of 3 LT + 1 Mot Infantry.
      Diplomacy: RoW to all AI's then try to get share map trades with a few neighbors and skilled players.
      Coalition: I normally make a coalition at the start or join someone else's, I can always leave later to join another one.
      Invasion: I use the starting army to take out an AI or 2, then after I have a few of my stacks done I go for a real player.
    • Urban Buildings: Naval Base or Secret Lab, Tank Plant, Ordnance, Barracks, Aircraft Factory, 5 Industrial Complexes
      Non Urban Buildings: I will occasionally build some infrastructure or fortifications.
      Research: I try to get to light tank, interceptor, infantry, artillery, and destroyer on my first day.
      Diplomacy: I form a coalition and invite all players that are near me.
      Coalition:^
      Invasion: I invade a nearby AI country first.
    • Island Countries with Pan Asian Doctrine

Urban Buildings: 2 Naval Bases, 1 Barracks, 1 Ordnance, First Industry on Oil City
      Non-Urban Buildings: Industries on Provinces with Food, Oil, Steel
      Research: Battleships, Infantry, Destroyers, Armored Car, Interceptors , Artillery(In Order)
      Production: Battleships are key as we do a Pearl Harbor like strike on other countries AND attempt to get another country's Food/Steel/Oil city. Just by sending a small battalion of armored cars and infantry will help as you try to conquer the coastline, then build a tank factory on the first city you captured to build armored cars and light tanks lol. Interceptors are then used to defend your troops from possible aerial attacks especially Allied boosted Tactical bombers.
      Diplomacy: Refrain from making any statements in the Newspaper and just send a share map request with a few countries you like. Better if that country has high command, lol.
      Coalition: I only consider coalition making from day 5 onwards, because day 1 coalitions are usually fickle.
      Invasion: I don't target any AI country as much as possible. Usual target is QLD/WA unless circumstances force you to target NZ or NSW instead lol.

Mainland Countries (with Mostly Flat Terrain) with Pan Asian Doctrine

Urban Buildings: 2 Tank Plants, 1 Barracks, 1 Ordnance, 1 Aircraft Factory, First Industry on Food City
      Non-Urban Buildings: Industries on Provinces with Food, Goods, Oil
      Research: Infantry, Armored Car, Light Tanks, Militia, Interceptors
      Production: Infantry units are key for your defense in cities AND forest. My offensive units are usually stacks of 1/3 armored cars, and 2/3 light tanks. Interceptors will help you in covering your attacking units from retaliatory aerial attacks.
      Diplomacy: Refrain from making any statements in the Newspaper and just send a share map request with a few countries you like. Better if that country has high command, lol.
      Coalition: I only consider coalition making from day 5 onwards, because day 1 coalitions are usually fickle.
      Invasion: I don't target any AI country as much as possible. I usually go straight to any country with mostly plain terrain, but if any neighboring AI country is quickly being invaded by another human country I target that human country first especially when their territory forms borders with mine.