Five New Nations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Not sure if this is the same thing, but could you give an example of how the value of building damage that the strat bomber does, corresponds to the hit points of buildings?

All I can tell is, that it's not 1:1. A strat bomber that does 20 damage will barely scratch a building with 20 hit points. So how does this actually work? And why was the game not designed to let those values be directly comparable? Would have been a lot easier to use.
    • Also, I'd like to know if it is a new feature that hostile amphib landings can no longer be spotted unless there is a friendly unit present? So far owned provinces always showed when enemy disembarkment was in progress, but it doesn't do that in my latest game. Enemy units are only visible when they have finished disembarking. Is that supposed to happen?
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Not sure if this is the same thing, but could you give an example of how the value of building damage that the strat bomber does, corresponds to the hit points of buildings?

All I can tell is, that it's not 1:1. A strat bomber that does 20 damage will barely scratch a building with 20 hit points. So how does this actually work? And why was the game not designed to let those values be directly comparable? Would have been a lot easier to use.
      Remember that there is a +/- 20% damage calculation. Also units are not always at 100% sbde.
    • Scrappy_ wrote:

what is the conversion between building hitpoints and building hp its kinda confusing
      hitpoints = hp. So not sure what you are asking?

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Not sure if this is the same thing, but could you give an example of how the value of building damage that the strat bomber does, corresponds to the hit points of buildings?

In games created after the update the conversion is 1:1. Meaning a Strat Bomber dealing 10 Damage will subtract 10 hitpoints from a building. This update does not change the calculation for old game rounds created from before the update though. And it also only affects 1.5 rounds.

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Also, I'd like to know if it is a new feature that hostile amphib landings can no longer be spotted unless there is a friendly unit present? So far owned provinces always showed when enemy disembarkment was in progress, but it doesn't do that in my latest game. Enemy units are only visible when they have finished disembarking. Is that supposed to happen?
      It has always been like that, no new feature.

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

That does not explain it. Strat bombers did like 10% damage for the stated value. The health of buildings simply isn't the same variable as the building damage indicated on the bombers.
      This was indeed the bug that was fixed in the new version. Seems you are still playing a game in an old version where this problem remains present. I just tested it in my own game in the new version and there it works as intended, with the bomber dealing the full damage value.
    • Edward Miller VIII wrote:

WT auf.Pz IV wrote:

It would have been cool if Iraq and Greece were converted to playable too though, as they also have 4 cities.
      won't make sense tho
      Yea it would, 32 is half of 64!!! But in all seriousness it makes sense, Turkey will still border Bulgarian AI, Persia can just go to Afghanistan, also Yugoslavia can go to Hungary or Bulgaria instead of Greece, Iraq can easily rush Saudi Arabia, Greece has the possibility to take Bulgaria, so I'm not sure what your talking about in "wont make sense tho".