Five New Nations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Five New Nations

Release Notes - 2021-02-10

Attention, Generals!

Today, we have some exciting news for you! Today’s update releases a revamp of the building and morale damage
      in Call of War to newly created game rounds. With this rework, the calculation of building damage in the game gets finally reworked and re-balanced for all units. Additionally we also included damage to province morale as a separate value. This will help to better flesh out the roles of certain strategic units, such as Strategic Bombers as main building destroyers and Rockets as main morale destroyers. We highly recommend you read the detailed explanation in the forums before joining your next game round!

With today’s release we also extended the number of playable countries on the popular historic map “1939 - Historic World War” to 30 players. Now you can also play as British Egypt, South Africa, The Netherlands, Venezuela or Peru in this scenario. Hand in hand with this, a general rebalancing of the map based on community feedback was done. Additional urban provinces or sea connections to certain countries were added and additional starting units and resource production sites allocated. These changes are only in effect for newly created game rounds.

Apart from the revamp of the building and morale damage and the rework of the historic “1939 - Historic World War” map, a new sharing function was added on mobile. When tapping on the “Share” button at the top of the overview screen, you can send an invite link to any of your friends via any message application you like. This makes it easier to get your friends to play the next game round on your side, or to challenge them and show them your strategic skills!

Last but not least, we start to test the new Gold Rewarded Ads feature on mobile devices starting today. This feature allows you to watch video ads and receive free gold. In this first phase of the test we start with players who play on the Android app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. We might even bring this to desktop generals at a later stage.

This new feature might not be available to you immediately, as it requires the latest App version to be functional on your device and will be rolled out in several phases to all Android players. If you don’t see it yet, don’t panic. It will be available to all mobile players soon.

For a complete overview on today’s update and all its new features, balancing changes and bug fixes, please see the list below.

New features:
      • You can now receive free Gold as a reward for watching ads in the game on Android and iOS.
        • The “Free Gold” tab is now available in the shop on Android and iOS.
        • An information icon on the right side of the map screen informs you when Free Gold is available.
        • The “Free Gold” reward ads require your device to run the latest version of the Call of War app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
        • The new “Free Gold” reward ads will be rolled out in several phases to mobile users, so don’t worry if they are not available to you immediately. They will be available soon.
        • Future updates on this feature might add more functionality and updated reward amounts.
      • An easy sharing function was added to the game on mobile devices.
        • When clicking on the sharing button on the home screen of the game you can send an invite link to a friend. This makes it easier for you and your friends to play Call of War together.
      • 5 additional nations are now playable on the popular map “1939 - Historic World War”.
        • You can now also play as British Egypt, South Africa, The Netherlands, Venezuela or Peru on this map.
        • The player count was consequently increased from 25 to 30
        • A wide range of balancing changes was implemented on this map, including additional urban provinces and sea connections, resource production sites and starting units.
      Balancing:
      • Building and Morale damage balancing was revamped.
        • The calculation of building damage was changed so that units deal as much damage to buildings as shown in the unit details panel.
        • The calculation of the damage to province morale is now decoupled from the building damage and can vary from unit to unit.
          • You can find the new morale damage value in the unit details panel.
        • All unit’s building & morale damage values as well as all building hit points were rebalanced.
        • Please check the"Building and Damage Revamp Details" thread on the forum for more detailed information on these changes (English only).
      • Several balancing adjustments were made to the “All Countries: All In” event map and “1939 Historic World War” map, including but not limited to improved starting conditions and unit deployment at the beginning of a game round.
      • The production time of Anti Air and Anti Tank units were slightly decreased.
      • The production and research costs of Anti Tank units were slightly decreased.
      • The production time of Infantry units was slightly reduced.
      • Please note that these changes only affect newly created game rounds. Games that were created before today's release are not affected.
      General:
      • Classic Call of War game scenarios were removed from the list of scenarios available to players with High Command for game creation and are also no longer automatically created.
        • You will be able to play ongoing Classic rounds until the beginning of April 2021.
      Bug fixes:
      • Improvements were made to the chat servers to increase stability and availability of the chat in game.
      • A bug was fixed that prevented the status “Bombarded by” to be displayed in the army bar of a unit when bombarded by another unit. The same bug also prevented the health bar of bombarded units from flashing. Both these issues are now resolved.
      • An issue was resolved that caused an error message to appear for some players when they were trying to claim rewards from the adviser after completing a task. When you click the 'ok' button in the pop-up window and go back to the Advisor, the tasks are now updated correctly after a reward was collected.
      • A bug was fixed that caused messages to be displayed incorrectly on the message board and broke the layout of the private message on PC, when the subject line of a private message was too long.
      • An issue was resolved that caused the damage of an enemy unit to be displayed incorrectly in the unit’s army bar, when revealed by a spy. When a unit has been damaged and is being revealed by a spy action it now displays the correct health values in the army bar.
      • A bug was fixed that could cause the tutorial camera not to be centered at the player's capital for the first step of the tutorial.
      We hope you like the new Gold Rewards, invite all your friends to your next game and don’t forget to make yourself familiar with the changes made to the building and morale damage. We wish you the best of luck on the battlefield, may you be victorious with one of the five new nations playable on the “1939 - Historic World War'' map!

Your Bytro Team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • this was long awaited
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Arcorian wrote:

With today’s release we also extended the number of playable countries on the popular historic map “1939 - Historic World War” to 30 players. Now you can also play as British Egypt, South Africa, The Netherlands, Venezuela or Peru in this scenario. Hand in hand with this, a general rebalancing of the map based on community feedback was done. Additional urban provinces or sea connections to certain countries were added and additional starting units and resource production sites allocated. These changes are only in effect for newly created game rounds.

Bug fixes:
      • Improvements were made to the chat servers to increase stability and availability of the chat in game.
      • A bug was fixed that prevented the status “Bombarded by” to be displayed in the army bar of a unit when bombarded by another unit. The same bug also prevented the health bar of bombarded units from flashing. Both these issues are now resolved.
      • An issue was resolved that caused an error message to appear for some players when they were trying to claim rewards from the adviser after completing a task. When you click the 'ok' button in the pop-up window and go back to the Advisor, the tasks are now updated correctly after a reward was collected.
      • A bug was fixed that caused messages to be displayed incorrectly on the message board and broke the layout of the private message on PC, when the subject line of a private message was too long.
      • An issue was resolved that caused the damage of an enemy unit to be displayed incorrectly in the unit’s army bar, when revealed by a spy. When a unit has been damaged and is being revealed by a spy action it now displays the correct health values in the army bar.
      • A bug was fixed that could cause the tutorial camera not to be centered at the player's capital for the first step of the tutorial.
      We hope you like the new Gold Rewards, invite all your friends to your next game and don’t forget to make yourself familiar with the changes made to the building and morale damage. We wish you the best of luck on the battlefield, may you be victorious with one of the five new nations playable on the “1939 - Historic World War'' map!

Your Bytro Team
      Yes mate thank you so much! Thanks for listing to your fans for somethings! Not sure why Peru was made playable but sure. Also can you make Dili a colony of portugal instead of netherlands to represent Portuguese timor? Small detail but still
      nigeo19?
    • so i am a bit confused here, i personally only play classic games, and now if i understand they wont be made anymore.
      and what dose it mean by you will be able to play on going classic games till april, i presume it can only mean they will be stopped and ended.

can i ask why?

as i mean i play this game for ruffly a few hours everyday, i buy high command every month and i write a rp article everyday till i win or lose, but i just don't like the new 1.5 on a personal level however i was content with CoW1942 because the classic games where still open and playable but i do not expect any changes to your mind now as u have obviously considered this for a long time but i want to know why have the team at bytro stopped all classic 1939 games?!?
      Images
      • wtf.PNG

49.25 kB, 629×161, viewed 9 times
    • I am looking forward to playing as these new nations and seeing the new starting units balancing. Historic World War is arguably one of the best game modes and it’s nice to see that it’s always improving. Also thank you for making AT and AA more affordable since it will allow them to have wider use instead of being highly specialized. I feel the loss of Classic like everyone else but at this point in time I feel that I have been given enough time to say my goodbyes and that these new features strategically released will be able to distract me for now. I hope that people will understand the dev’s decision even if they don’t agree with it and welcome classic back when the game mode comes along.

Also note to devs: you need to make watching ads for gold available for PC players ASAP because it gives mobile players an advantage of having an extra source of gold income over PC players, now while it may be a small advantage since PC players can just switch to the mobile version and farm ads there it still is unbalanced. I support the gold for ads move because even though it may look like a cash grab from the outside it is a good way for us to support the game financially without having to spend our own money not to mention it will make it easier to counter gold spammers.
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)
    • Grand admiral.Donitz wrote:

so i am a bit confused here, i personally only play classic games, and now if i understand they wont be made anymore.
      and what dose it mean by you will be able to play on going classic games till april, i presume it can only mean they will be stopped and ended.

can i ask why?

as i mean i play this game for ruffly a few hours everyday, i buy high command every month and i write a rp article everyday till i win or lose, but i just don't like the new 1.5 on a personal level however i was content with CoW1942 because the classic games where still open and playable but i do not expect any changes to your mind now as u have obviously considered this for a long time but i want to know why have the team at bytro stopped all classic 1939 games?!?
      Hey, I am sorry that this will mean that you will lose your favorite game mode :/ We explained our reasining in previous news posts about this topic, we announced this step already months ago. The short version is that we believe that CoW1.5 (and future versions) are the best version of CoW going forward. Maintaining multiple versions of a game is hard and adds additional maintenance costs and increases the time we need to develop new features. Since CoW Classic is already played by only a minority nowadays we came to the conclusion that this is the right time to fade it out. But as we said we still plan to bring it back in form of Events occasionally. I hope you give the 1.5 version another chance in the meantime since we kept improving it alot in the past months.

Habo778 wrote:

I am looking forward to playing as these new nations and seeing the new starting units balancing. Historic World War is arguably one of the best game modes and it’s nice to see that it’s always improving. Also thank you for making AT and AA more affordable since it will allow them to have wider use instead of being highly specialized. I feel the loss of Classic like everyone else but at this point in time I feel that I have been given enough time to say my goodbyes and that these new features strategically released will be able to distract me for now. I hope that people will understand the dev’s decision even if they don’t agree with it and welcome classic back when the game mode comes along.

Also note to devs: you need to make watching ads for gold available for PC players ASAP because it gives mobile players an advantage of having an extra source of gold income over PC players, now while it may be a small advantage since PC players can just switch to the mobile version and farm ads there it still is unbalanced. I support the gold for ads move because even though it may look like a cash grab from the outside it is a good way for us to support the game financially without having to spend our own money not to mention it will make it easier to counter gold spammers.
      Thanks for the feedback!

We are looking into if we can extend the watchable Ads also to the desktop version. It also depends a bit on the available ad providers, which are pretty scarce on desktop compared to mobile. In this industry most prefer to adertise on mobile, making the range of available ads on desktop a bit slim. But as I said we are looking into it and perhaps include this in a futue update.
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

TomtheBuilder wrote:

4ndidelacluj wrote:

does anyone have a list of the newly added cities and provinces ?
      Pretty sure South Africa (British Egypt maybe) already has 5 cities.
      Peru and Venezuela each got 1 more city. Netherlands already had 10, Egypt had 5, and South Africa has 6.
      Indeed. Also Germany received 2 additional cities after feedback that Germany got a bit worse from Classic to 1.5. There may be some more that I dont remember right now :D New starting units and resource production in some provinces were also added.

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Sounds like good and interesting changes.

But why add Peru?? I could think of a dozen other nations before that.
      Because Peru already had 4 urbans, alongside Venezuela, so it was easy to convert it to playable. And because it adds some competition to South America, similarly to the newly added competition to Africa. All regions in the world should have some zones of conflict instead of just happy farming.