I won't judge, but do you do betrayals?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I won't judge, but do you do betrayals?

Stance on betrayals? (coalition) 31
        I betray anyone I can as soon as I get the chance no matter what (2) 6%
        I betray anyone I can as soon as i get the chance if I know no one else will care (1) 3%
        I betray anyone no matter what they did if they are not as useful as another player who i want to be my ally (4) 13%
        If anyone is not useful no matter how useful they were i will immediately betray them (2) 6%
        I only betray members if everyone else wants him/her dead (0) 0%
        I betray people randomly when I get bored (0) 0%
        I only betray my coalition when we are starting to loose (0) 0%
        I rarely ever betray anyone unless they are really really bad or toxic (13) 42%
        I am loyal to a few of my allies and don't betray them but betray everyone else when i can (5) 16%
        I don't do betrayals no matter what (1) 3%
        I actively fight against people who betray former allies (3) 10%
      Also comment the reason you do/do not betray people and what situations you would do it in.
      I hope this is as inclusive as possible
      nigeo19?
    • I don’t betray people and I will actively fight people that betray other people if I can although if someone is being toxic I will respectfully withdraw my troops from their lands, cut all diplomatic ties and honorably fight like Gentlemen.
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)
    • I do not tend to betray my allies, I have betrayed a coalition for my survival as they did not help me with even 1 unit fighting another coalition but I think that was justified. I only betray when betrayed or when wronged, if they are inactive I do not count that as a betrayal.
      Kewin09
      CoW Staff Sergeant
    • i dont do betrayals.. never did that.. only time i did was when one coalition mate went afk. Though i will betray when the coalition is actively trying to be passive or if my coalition mate dosent deserve the coalition
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • remind me not to ally with you... wait.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • "Betrayals" are not that simple as any of these options of the vote. I betray other players very often, sometimes even my coalition, but often i just gain the trust of an other player, make him attack my target, then i conquared 2 pieces of land with minimal casualites. The point is that "betrayals" shall go every time according a plan, if i have intrests to cooperate with an other player i would certainly not betray him, even if that person is the most hated person in the game.
      Also betraying coalitions become very important in the early game. Usaly at the start of the game everyone is rush to join a coalition. If you do the same, you gain valuable informations, and with a betrayal you can make sure to grow faster at the expense of your neighbours, who would be only barriers as allies.

so my answer, that i betray others only if it is the logical move
    • I never betray anyone because I have been betrayed before (many times) and I know how it feels. My sense of honor will not permit me to act that way. Not only am I absolutely loyal to my coalition or allies but also to any agreement I make.

Of course, having been betrayed before I am always wary. If I have concrete evidence that someone has or is about to betray me then I feel all agreements are null and void. Also if a player becomes unresponsive and a reasonable amount of time has passed, then I view that the same as the position going inactive and all agreements are off. Doing nothing when you have agreed to do something is a betrayal.

I will fight to the last breath to fulfill my commitments.
    • BeorntheBold wrote:

I never betray anyone because I have been betrayed before (many times) and I know how it feels. My sense of honor will not permit me to act that way. Not only am I absolutely loyal to my coalition or allies but also to any agreement I make.

Of course, having been betrayed before I am always wary. If I have concrete evidence that someone has or is about to betray me then I feel all agreements are null and void. Also if a player becomes unresponsive and a reasonable amount of time has passed, then I view that the same as the position going inactive and all agreements are off. Doing nothing when you have agreed to do something is a betrayal.

same here.
    • BeorntheBold wrote:

I never betray anyone because I have been betrayed before (many times) and I know how it feels. My sense of honor will not permit me to act that way. Not only am I absolutely loyal to my coalition or allies but also to any agreement I make.

exactly! This is how Diplomacy works, not like how Mongolia operated in my Ma-Clique game! You must be a CoW God

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

BeorntheBold wrote:

exactly! This is how Diplomacy works, not like how Mongolia operated in my Ma-Clique game! You must be a CoW God
      I operate more like Hitler operated.
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!