Don't get rid of the classic game modes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• zecevi123 wrote:

Nah. 1.0 is easier than 1.5. 1.5 seems like it adds alot of content but that is false. Most of new content in 1.5 serves no purpose other than annoyance. 1.0 was more simpler and had more content and was more fun since you didnt have to spend all your time micro managing. What 1.0 needed is better unit balancing since some units were more OP than others.
      Can you be more specifice? What content are you talking about. This game always needed micro both 1.0 and 1.5.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • 1.5 adds a lot of complexity that are what I would call "spreadsheety". The two big ones I am thinking about is :

- When to research / upgrade your units. If you don't have threat on your borders, you are better off in 1.5 by building a lot of low level units, then research, then upgrade them all. It is not an exploit but it is really a non-obvious way to leverage the system. In 1.0, just build stuff as you need it, and upgrade when you can.

- Offensive vs defensive shenanigan. In 1.0, you are always better off in defense. In 1.5, depending on the other guy stack and your own stack, it may be bette for you to "attack" while you are being attacked. Not intuitive at all.
    • Chimere wrote:

1.5 adds a lot of complexity that are what I would call "spreadsheety". The two big ones I am thinking about is :

- When to research / upgrade your units. If you don't have threat on your borders, you are better off in 1.5 by building a lot of low level units, then research, then upgrade them all. It is not an exploit but it is really a non-obvious way to leverage the system. In 1.0, just build stuff as you need it, and upgrade when you can.

- Offensive vs defensive shenanigan. In 1.0, you are always better off in defense. In 1.5, depending on the other guy stack and your own stack, it may be bette for you to "attack" while you are being attacked. Not intuitive at all.
      ummm... it's rather intuitive when we check stats, we should know, it's spreadsheety yes but not bad
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

Chimere wrote:

1.5 adds a lot of complexity that are what I would call "spreadsheety". The two big ones I am thinking about is :

ummm... it's rather intuitive when we check stats, we should know, it's spreadsheety yes but not bad
      Really ?

Imagine your stack of motorized, self-propelled guns and infantry is attacked by a stack of light tanks, mechanized and motorized.
      Between the units that have better attacks then defense, the units that have better defense than attack, the units that do better vs armors than vs unarmored but are also better in attack, or in defense, the 15% defensive bonus if you are in your territory etc it is quite the calculation

jefin b wrote:

Chimere wrote:

1.5 adds a lot of complexity
      1.0 is more complex.
      I disagree. It feel like it is "they changed it now it's bad".
      If anything, 1.5 has more options : more units available to build, all of them more balanced so not dominated by and handful of superior units, more buildings, choice between upgrade and not upgrade, ...

The big think we miss from 1.0 is the capacity to build industry anywhere, and the importance of non-city.

Overall, I feel 1.0 is more complex tactically, and 1.5 is more complex strategically.
    • Chimere wrote:

Imagine your stack of motorized, self-propelled guns and infantry is attacked by a stack of light tanks, mechanized and motorized.
      Between the units that have better attacks then defense, the units that have better defense than attack, the units that do better vs armors than vs unarmored but are also better in attack, or in defense, the 15% defensive bonus if you are in your territory etc it is quite the calculation
      i am bad at maths, i just shove the Data into a ChimereTM .
      In all essence though i like this aspect, and adds extra edge onto a game.
      If army is equally sized, i may place my bets on the attackers. Then again, individual Units should also be listed out.
      I think i will be disproved if someone calculates more.

Still wouldnt call this bad addition
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

Chimere wrote:

i am bad at maths, i just shove the Data into a ChimereTM . In all essence though i like this aspect, and adds extra edge onto a game.
      If army is equally sized, i may place my bets on the attackers. Then again, individual Units should also be listed out.
      I think i will be disproved if someone calculates more.

Still wouldnt call this bad addition
      I don't think it is a good design to be honest. And I actually don't have a big fat data file.
    • BMfox wrote:

zecevi123 wrote:

Nah. 1.0 is easier than 1.5. 1.5 seems like it adds alot of content but that is false. Most of new content in 1.5 serves no purpose other than annoyance. 1.0 was more simpler and had more content and was more fun since you didnt have to spend all your time micro managing. What 1.0 needed is better unit balancing since some units were more OP than others.
      Can you be more specifice? What content are you talking about. This game always needed micro both 1.0 and 1.5.
      this guy explains it well:

Chimere wrote:

And also that you need to build 5 buildings for one thing. Before you would build Infrastructure to increase resource,unit speed,morale and to build armored units. Now you have to build 5 buildings for those. Constantly making me log on and log off which is annoying because not everybody has the time to do that. And the worst thing is most of those buildings that you have to build now take like 15 minutes to build. At least make them short amount of time to build like 20 seconds or longer like 5 hours or something its hard to log on and log off constantly every 15 minutes to build buildings. I get what you tried to do but it doesn't make the game more complex it makes it more annoying. I would say new building system is way way inferior to the old one. And I would like if you could build units in Rular provinces again. Building in cities only makes the game way too boring and makes the game have less strategy. In 1.5 I like the doctorines and new units. But the building system and the fact that you cant build in rular provinces ruins it for me. I think we should have a resource system similiar to 1.0 and what I mean is to bring back the old unit consumption values but to change them a bit. And what I mean by change is to make them consume more steel to balance it out. Since I remember in 1.0 in mid game you would have crap ton of steel and also the last thing I hate in 1.5 is that you removed the feature that provinces consume resources.

The post was edited 5 times, last by zecevi123 ().

• Everyone has the right to his opinion and the Classic and 1.5 aren't better or worse, they are just different.

zecevi123 wrote:

And also that you need to build 5 buildings for one thing
      It's perfectly logic, explain to me how they would produce a rocket in a tank plant? Training commandos only in your capital now that wasn't logic ;) Imagine Special Forces being trained in Washington DC or Brussels. :tumbleweed:

zecevi123 wrote:

Before you would build Infrastructure to increase resource,unit speed,morale and to build armored units.
      Explain to me how infrastructure or in other words roads would increase resource production or morale, it didn't make any sense.

zecevi123 wrote:

And the worst thing is most of those buildings that you have to build now take like 15 minutes to build.
      Level one takes 30 minuter but anyhow. Upgrading industry in classic takes 15 hours, troop training too. The first 4 days of classic are pretty boring and always the same. 1.5 spices things up a bit.

zecevi123 wrote:

And I would like if you could build units in Rular provinces again. Building in cities only makes the game way too boring and makes the game have less strategy.
      Building industry in rural provinces has never been interesting to do and way too expensive. Experienced players always used conquered industrial complexes to increase their troop production. Adding more value to a city has perfect merit in my opinion.

zecevi123 wrote:

And what I mean by change is to make them consume more steel to balance it out.
      Lack of steel has always been a major problem in Classic. It's for the better that the devs decided to finally change that.
      BMfox

• > Explain to me how infrastructure or in other words roads would increase resource production or morale, it didn't make any sense.

Bring workers faster to the factory. Bring raw resources, including coal, faster to the furnace. Come on.

> The first 4 days of classic are pretty boring and always the same. 1.5 spices things up a bit.
      Disagree. Maybe the 2 first days, but that's only saving one day versus 1.5

> Building industry in rural provinces has never been interesting to do and way too expensive. Experienced players always used conquered industrial complexes to increase their troop production. Adding more value to a city has perfect merit in my opinion.
      Hard disagree on this one. Industry in rural province with resources, especially oil / rare materials, was critical.

> Lack of steel has always been a major problem in Classic. It's for the better that the devs decided to finally change that.

Nah. Oil & Rare Materials were the rare resources. 1.5 is more balanced on this indeed.
    • Anyone has his preferences, personally i prefer 1.5. It doesn't mean Classic is bad or that 1.5 is better. They are just different and everyone is free to join the version he/she likes to enjoy the game.

Chimere wrote:

Bring workers faster to the factory. Bring raw resources, including coal, faster to the furnace. Come on.
      Those are good examples indeed, roads help the logistic proces. However they don't help to increase the production time. To increase production you either need to modernize your production machines (upgrading industry in 1.5) or more labour where you either increase the hours in a working day or hiring more workers.

Chimere wrote:

The first 4 days of classic are pretty boring and always the same. 1.5 spices things up a bit.
      Disagree. Maybe the 2 first days, but that's only saving one day versus 1.5
      In COW classic the tech tree is pretty much closed until day 4. There's nothing much to surprise you before that.

Chimere wrote:

Hard disagree on this one. Industry in rural province with resources, especially oil / rare materials, was critical.
      This is of coure personal. I prefer to upgrade my industry to lvl 5 in all my cities which is the fastest and cheapest followed up with level 3 infrastructure. In rural provinces with a double resource production I build level 3 infrastructure which cost less steel and no rares. Only once all cities and double resource rural provinces are maxed out, I'll build infrastructure in the remaining rural core provinces.
      BMfox

• I have been playing this game almost since the creation of this game.
      I lost accounts several times and always came back to this game again, from the beginning with a new account.
      She was very playful from the start, although I was a bad player. I used Hing Chommand several times.
      This is the only game I still play.

Version 1.0 is the best thing that could be played online.

I tried 1.5 many times, but I never experienced that excitement and that connection to the game. Without wanting to offend anyone, but to me that version is simply not exciting and playful.

I'm afraid, out of a desire to attract more players, they can lose most players over time. As has happened with many games.

I don't see a reason why they would cancel or change the classic game ???

Leave players the option to choose which game and version to play.
      I see no reason to abolish or change what is great and has attracted so many players.

I agree that the game must progress, but 1.0, which made all this, let it live and last .....

Leave Game 1.0 or unfortunately I will have no more reason to visit this site and the game.
    • DEXMILANO wrote:

I have been playing this game almost since the creation of this game.
      I lost accounts several times and always came back to this game again, from the beginning with a new account.
      She was very playful from the start, although I was a bad player. I used Hing Chommand several times.
      This is the only game I still play.

Version 1.0 is the best thing that could be played online.

I tried 1.5 many times, but I never experienced that excitement and that connection to the game. Without wanting to offend anyone, but to me that version is simply not exciting and playful.

I'm afraid, out of a desire to attract more players, they can lose most players over time. As has happened with many games.

I don't see a reason why they would cancel or change the classic game ???

Leave players the option to choose which game and version to play.
      I see no reason to abolish or change what is great and has attracted so many players.

I agree that the game must progress, but 1.0, which made all this, let it live and last .....

Leave Game 1.0 or unfortunately I will have no more reason to visit this site and the game.
      I agree. I had a call of war itch a couple weeks ago and just realized they removed the classic game mode. I too have no reason to play so i left my feedback.
    • Well - I'm out of here.
      I enjoyed the Classic game, but I find the 1.5 annoying and time-consuming. I just want to sign in once or twice a day and make my moves. I find the 1.5 games needed a lot more attention. I've got a life outside of playing 'puter games.
      I wasn't a big gold buyer, but got some here and there. I guess my money won't be missed by those holding the cheque book.
      Adios, cheerio, bye-bye.
    • 1.5 is a total World of tanks ... Everyone has 50 battleships in a while (how will they feed them? What about the crew? Etc ..)
      Huge conquered territories are not economically ruined (administration logistics, construction, etc.). It's stupid, even simple.
      The implications of wanting complex mechanisms only make it more stupid. Mostly unnecessary and without affecting the game - make as many units and hrrrr on them. No matter what country one plays for ("historic" LOL scenarios). It's a click without thinking and strategy.
    • 1 thing I really do not like in 1.5 is resource management
      You do not even need to care about resources
      In a few days with level 3 industry you will have like 40,000 everything
      In 1.0 it was very challenging, especially with rare resources
      in 1.5 they are not rare anymore
      Most of the time you have atleast 5,000 rares
      YeeHaw
    • Miradosh wrote:

1 thing I really do not like in 1.5 is resource management
      You do not even need to care about resources
      That's soo wrong, resource management has become much more important in 1,5 as you need a different building for every troop type so you need to prioritize and build accordingly to your chosen strategy. An advantage is that by building different troop types you can better balance your economy and resouces. In 1.0 you always lack goods and steel.
      BMfox