Polish Region - Localization Feedback

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Polish Region - Localization Feedback

Clash of Nations
      Polish Language
      Incorect City Name: Podziel
      Correct Proposition of City Name: Split
      Why? Verb "split" (in English) mean in PL as Dzielić, Podzielić. Name of this city translated literally.

Edit: Finally, an amendment was added

The post was edited 1 time, last by YDSTRIKER ().

• Kewin09 wrote:

With German provinces I think they should have some sort of link with Germany and not Poland. Like how Gdansk is Danzig.
      I am however still divided whether it should be the Polish name or the German name, I am content with both.
      I would like to emphasize this, the offer is only for the Polish Region. The rest of the regions do not care so much for me, because you selected yourself. It's a bit strange that in the Polish region these provinces are in German and in the Italian region they are in Polish...
    • World at War - Poland/ Germany/ Lithuania/ Ukraine
      Language: Polish

This only applies to the Polish region. Not for the English or Russian region.
      /Regarding Vilnius, i propose to create a new province. Wilkomierz (Ukmerge) is a proposal for "Vilnius in Lithuania", and Głębokie (Hlybokaye) for "Vilnius in North-Eastern Poland", the third stamp shows the actual location of the city and there I suggest adding a province/
      Kamieniec Podolski - Kamianets-Podilskyi
      Płoskirów -
      Proskuriv (now Khmelnytskyi)
      Nowogród Wołyński - Novohrad-Volynskyi

Images
      • Zrzut ekranu (76).png

581.89 kB, 909×476, viewed 12 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by YDSTRIKER ().

• YDSTRIKER wrote:

Correct names of cities (only for Polish region)

YDSTRIKER wrote:

World at War - Poland/ Germany/ Lithuania/ Ukraine

/Regarding Vilnius, i propose to create a new province. Wilkomierz (Ukmerge) is a proposal for "Vilnius in Lithuania", and Głębokie (Hlybokaye) for "Vilnius in North-Eastern Poland", the third stamp shows the actual location of the city and there I suggest adding a province/
      Płoskirów -

Since this game takes place in WW2 (1939), areas controlled by Germany at the time will have their German name, not their Polish one.
    • YDSTRIKER wrote:

Płoskirów -

Also why is Lithuania's capital in Latvia?
    • Andromeda wrote:

YDSTRIKER wrote:

Płoskirów -

Also why is Lithuania's capital in Latvia?
      Lithuania's capital was in Poland before in invasion of Poland, what do you mean?
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Andromeda wrote:

Oh, this is a world at war map?
      Yep, World at War

Andromeda wrote:

Since this game takes place in WW2 (1939), areas controlled by Germany at the time will have their German name, not their Polish one.
      The argument that they were under German occupation makes no sense - I can as well say that the name "Warszawa" should be written in this way in every language, because then it was Polish (of course it is obvious that this is not the translation of the provinces). I would like to add, however, that I also found a lot of evidence that the names Szczecin, Wrocław or Opole (excluding Królewiec, which had just a Polish name at the time when East Prussia was a Polish fief) were used in Polish exosms before the war.