New surprise doctrine idea!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New surprise doctrine idea!

Hi everyone. Recently I have been thinking about a new idea that I have been thinking about for quite some time now. I'd really love any kind of response and criticism especially from the admins. So there should be a fifth special doctrine. This won't be a normal doctrine and no specific country gets it. So when you are picking a country you won't know which country has the surprise doctrine. Once you choose your country you won't know which country has the surprise doctrine unless you have it or a player with the doctrine tells you they have it. When they are an AI the surprise doctrine won't be revealed just to prevent people from telling their friends or family to choose the country with the doctrine. The surprise doctrine will be on a country randomly. For example one round Egypt has this surprise doctrine, then Khabarovsk, then Sweden. Thats just a random example. I was thinking that the only way you can get this was by choosing the pick randomly option but that would just increase inactivity if players didn't get the country with this doctrine and instead got an "undesirable" country. There will only be one lucky player with this doctrine per round. This should also be a minor achievement because it seems fitting. Someone told me that the game wanted to keep a semblance of normalcy so you should be able to turn this feature on and off. When you are starting a game in the info tab it will tell you if surprise doctrine is enabled just like if supply drops are enabled. The stats will also be randomish and not fixed like how pan asian or allies are. It won't be a massive fluctuation but to keep it a bit interesting i think it shouldn't be set. It doesn't change during the game btw but if you get the surprise doctrine in one game the stats probably won't be exactly the same as in another game where you have surprise doctrine!
      Stats ideas (not definitive but just a general idea):
      - Spy success rates increased by 15-20% ( 20-30% for intelligence spies)
      - Building speed for all buildings increases by 20-30% on core provinces
      - When on water troop speed is increased by 10%
      -View range is increased by 5-15%
      - Coalition cooldown is only one day
      Negatives
      - Non naval troops that bombard stuff (ie artillery, planes) are 10-12% weaker
      - Researching non naval troops is now 25-30% more expensive.

What do you think about it? Is it to OP or under powered or just right?
      nigeo19?

The post was edited 1 time, last by nigeo19 ().

• Given the negatives, I'd consider this more of a curse than a blessing.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • nigeo19 wrote:

Hi everyone. Recently I have been thinking about a new idea that I have been thinking about for quite some time now. I'd really love any kind of response and criticism especially from the admins. So there should be a fifth special doctrine. This won't be a normal doctrine and no specific country gets it. So when you are picking a country you won't know which country has the surprise doctrine. Once you choose your country you won't know which country has the surprise doctrine unless you have it or a player with the doctrine tells you they have it. When they are an AI the surprise doctrine won't be revealed just to prevent people from telling their friends or family to choose the country with the doctrine. The surprise doctrine will be on a country randomly. For example one round Egypt has this surprise doctrine, then Khabarovsk, then Sweden. Thats just a random example. I was thinking that the only way you can get this was by choosing the pick randomly option but that would just increase inactivity if players didn't get the country with this doctrine and instead got an "undesirable" country. There will only be one lucky player with this doctrine per round. This should also be a minor achievement because it seems fitting. Someone told me that the game wanted to keep a semblance of normalcy so you should be able to turn this feature on and off. When you are starting a game in the info tab it will tell you if surprise doctrine is enabled just like if supply drops are enabled. The stats will also be randomish and not fixed like how pan asian or allies are. It won't be a massive fluctuation but to keep it a bit interesting i think it shouldn't be set. It doesn't change during the game btw but if you get the surprise doctrine in one game the stats probably won't be exactly the same as in another game where you have surprise doctrine!
      Stats ideas (not definitive but just a general idea):
      - Spy success rates increased by 15-20% ( 20-30% for intelligence spies)
      - Building speed for all buildings increases by 20-30% on core provinces
      - When on water troop speed is increased by 10%
      -View range is increased by 5-15%
      - Coalition cooldown is only one day
      Negatives
      - Non naval troops that bombard stuff (ie artillery, planes) are 10-12% weaker
      - Researching non naval troops is now 25-30% more expensive.

What do you think about it? Is it to OP or under powered or just right?
      I'm better with the normal , this isn't a great idea