Custom game (small map)/Sandbox

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Custom game (small map)/Sandbox

A custom game with variable sizes would be a great feature. Access to 12-100 man games would be a great feature and here is why. This would open up the possibility towards being able to play the game single player as if spots are not filled by players, then they can be replaced by bots. Secondly, if you are able to fill the spots, then it would be an extremely fun game to play with friends and could sprout a new community in the call of war family opening many doors of opportunity
    • I posted a suggestion very similar to this a week ago if you want to check it out:

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/36361-sandbox-mode/

[quote='Tribunate','With the new 1.5 stack system and all the new updates coming with 1.5, there is a whole new way to think, strategize and prepare in the game. Changing the meta and micro aspects is a lot to take in and I propose a new sandbox mode to test these new updates. What I am suggesting is the creation of a new mini-game mode, most likely solo. All would be needed is a small map with the features to create or add whatever units you wanted to experiment with, structures to be built, terrain adjustments etc. on a small scale. If you have every played Age of Empires they have a "scenario mode" where you can test out unit compositions and counters with the terrain challenges. Or if you played Halo they had they have a Forge mode. I won't pretend that this wouldn't be a massive undertaking for the Bytro team however it would not have to be that big of a design as the aforementioned games. Just a couple of provinces really and the ability to add units to experiment with. I strongly think this type of mode will be beneficial to all levels of play in the CoW community. Instead of testing this out in a real game where you are trying to win, you now have a "consequence-free" arena to mess around with. I am unsure of the name: Sandbox mode is a generic game mode but you can call it whatever. I list some names here just to get the ideas flowing. - War Games (probably the most historical since that was what military officers call their training exercises) - Training Grounds - Practice Mode Please let me know what you all think of this I am very interested in the feedback.']With the new 1.5 stack system and all the new updates coming with 1.5, there is a whole new way to think, strategize and prepare in the game. Changing the meta and micro aspects is a lot to take in and I propose a new sandbox mode to test these new updates.

What I am suggesting is the creation of a new mini-game mode, most likely solo. All would be needed is a small map with the features to create or add whatever units you wanted to experiment with, structures to be built, terrain adjustments etc. on a small scale.

If you have every played Age of Empires they have a "scenario mode" where you can test out unit compositions and counters with the terrain challenges. Or if you played Halo they had they have a Forge mode. I won't pretend that this wouldn't be a massive undertaking for the Bytro team however it would not have to be that big of a design as the aforementioned games. Just a couple of provinces really and the ability to add units to experiment with.

I strongly think this type of mode will be beneficial to all levels of play in the CoW community. Instead of testing this out in a real game where you are trying to win, you now have a "consequence-free" arena to mess around with.

I am unsure of the name: Sandbox mode is a generic game mode but you can call it whatever. I list some names here just to get the ideas flowing.
      - War Games (probably the most historical since that was what military officers call their training exercises)
      - Training Grounds
      - Practice Mode

Please let me know what you all think of this I am very interested in the feedback.
      [/quote]