Dios, Patria, Libertad ! A Dominican Republic Let's Play

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• exactly what i want to say Chimere! You should be a Wall Street billionaire and author or something
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Day 20 - Morning of sorrow, afternoon of glee

Day 20 started with the most distressing news - the notification of the loss of 4 units one after the other.

It took a quick research in the newspaper to understand what had happened :

The reinforcement sent by the HDE to India had been intercepted and destroyed one after the other by some Japanese ships in the middle of nowhere. This was very painful - it was some 10% of the HDE "useful" army sent to the bottom for no damage to the enemy.

Second bad news : Paraguay had decided to be the one declaring war to the HDE.

Paraguay was tiny, but it was a pretty terrible piece of news, had this meant that the HDE had to allocate one of its self-propelled artillery group to contain Paraguay troops overflowing everywhere, which only left one group for the Brazilian final whack-a-mole. At 2x4.3 damage against 20 HP, it would take them 1 hour and half to destroy each infantry unit - one hour if shooting from hills. If it could catch them up.

And yes there were Brazilians everywhere.

The battleship fleet could not support, because they were in front of Liberia. Emperor Savior I did not appreciate the witty comments of some journos about the sun "never setting on the Empire, except in winter", and he was adamant to remove the qualifier.

And... not much happen during the first part of the day except that the HDE was losing the whack-a-mole game in Brazil initially.

There was even a big fright during the day, as a lone Brazilian tank brigade reached very close to the very industrialized parts of Venezuela :

The daily newspaper brought some great news though :

Sure, the Dominican Army was not one of the best yet. But Persia had thrown the towel, leaving only Romania as a really active opponent.

Second excellent news, Australia was back ! It had given useful order for our purpose, both in Brazil and elsewhere :

By the end of the day, the Brazilian-Paraguayan situation had been put more or less under control, thanks to patience and the support of Australia :

Liberia, which never had a chance, was about to be conquered :

More cities in the mountains of Nepal and Tibet had been brought into the HDE dominion :

There were even opportunities to expand in Siberia and the Sakhalin island !

Everything was bright again, which explains why there is so few news !

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chimere ().

• whowh wrote:

What's the attack bomber image doing in one of the pictures? I thought you said you had no airforce! Either way it looks like you're going to win.
      Someone missed that I captured one bomber day 18 as it was built and that I decide to start a fighter force as I became paranoid of Australia (but it turned OK)

Recife was avoided for a time, and the two army group joined in Ilheus - where planes were in construction ! Finished, they would become the beginning of the Dominican air force. They would also be paraded everywhere to make the opposition believe that the Dominicans had an air force ^^.

Australia also had bombers and paratroopers. The HDE could not match these, but it could try to neutralize them. For this reason, the HDE started to build a fleet of fighters, that would similarly be modernized... later. Sadly, there was not an economy strong enough to have more than fighters.

• Chimere wrote:

whowh wrote:

What's the attack bomber image doing in one of the pictures? I thought you said you had no airforce! Either way it looks like you're going to win.
      Someone missed that I captured one bomber day 18 as it was built and that I decide to start a fighter force as I became paranoid of Australia (but it turned OK)
      Recife was avoided for a time, and the two army group joined in Ilheus - where planes were in construction ! Finished, they would become the beginning of the Dominican air force. They would also be paraded everywhere to make the opposition believe that the Dominicans had an air force ^^.
      Australia also had bombers and paratroopers. The HDE could not match these, but it could try to neutralize them. For this reason, the HDE started to build a fleet of fighters, that would similarly be modernized... later. Sadly, there was not an economy strong enough to have more than fighters.

Ahhh, now it makes sense.
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Day 21 to day 24 - Conquests of the new worlds !

As you may remember, the 20th day had been a day of glee with the defection of Persia from the European coalition, guaranteeing a victory for the Most Christian Coalition.

As such, day 21 should have been a day of relative rest for the Savior. For the untrained eye, it was : the remaining Brazilian resistance to neo-Christianism was being wiped-out in the morning :

They were, nonetheless, matter of worries. First, Persia had declared war to the Dominicans, and there was not much of an army in India to stop them should they decide to invade :

Way more worryingly, the Australian troops were converging for NO GOOD REASON WHATSOEVER toward the HDE capital : Panama :

There was very little the HDE could do : its fleet was inferior (lacking at the moment cruisers against the enemy aircraft carriers, and being in any case in front of Liberia) and most of the land force was still in Brazil. As for the air force ? Barely nascent.

The Savior decided to hope for the best, and absorb himself in the conquest of Liberia. With all provinces except one in range of battlefleet, this was easy, and one motorized division was enough to conquer Monrovia.

There was, though, the problem of a very large Liberian force out of range of the fleet. This would be solved easily : by mobilizing ONE artillery from WW1 surplus.

That artillery engaged the Liberians, who came hot in pursuit :

And the motorized regiment came from the South to occupy their province. With no territories left, the Liberian army dissolved.

By the end of day 21, Brazil was no more :

But India was still woefully undefended, with 10 ground units in total plus some old planes :

There were more news too :

The joint Dominican-Australian leadership had one reaction :
      "Oh ! So anyway..."

Nonetheless, it triggered some short discussion with Romania :

and with Turkey :

Day 22 did not see much changes... except that the Savoir wisely decided to establish his Imperial Cathedral away from Panama and its a-bit-too-Australian garrison, with a new capitole in Macaraibo.

The HDE also invested its force in the support of the Australians to convert Argentina. Certainly no one would betray an ally so eager to help you :

Meanwhile, combat was fierce in India against the Persians, but the HDE had managed to mobilize quite a few units during the night, and more so the following morning, so by mid-day it could push back the enemy locally :

By day 23, the help that the HDE could bring to Australia against Argentina became more and more limited, as the Argentinian army was growing smaller and the Australian one in the theater larger :

Australia had moved away from Panama, and was preparing a landing in Florida. In Mexico, some troops for the HDE were ready as well for the last project of the Americas : the conquest of the USA !

The war started, on the Dominican side, by a strong bombardement of an enemy massive force, which had its own artillery to bombard back :

Half a day later, the bombardment was carrying on, as new American troops had arrived in reinforcement.

Within a few hours of the war against USA, UK had declared war to its former Dominican Colony !

This means Kingston was ripe for the taking :

... though a wind of panic quickly passed through the Imperial Elite when troops - presumably from Jamaica - landed on Hispaniola :

They were quickly defeated.

We have very few archives of day 24, except for the fact that the HDE finally started to be able to fight their way North in Mexico.

The main US battle fleet was found and destroyed by the Dominican navy :

The Australian landing in Florida had failed. In the Pacific, the Dutch Indonesia was being taken over by Australia, except the Borneo island which, taken yesterday by the British, was being liberated by the Dominicans. Finally, the Persians were stopped pushed by in India - the battle was now in Persia proper :

There were a LOT of Americans, and for this reason the Savior sent through a diplomatic channel a memo that would change history in some major ways :

• Day 25 to day 30 - The End

There is unfortunately very few pictures of the following days !
      Display Spoiler

The infamous "sluggish game" bug implemented in the update made me play very little.

Day 25 sees the final collapse of the Persian front under Australian and Dominican push. The Dominicans and the Australians armies are active at different time, "cover" each other conquests 24/24, not leaving the Persians with any windows of opportunity for quick counter attack.

The Dominicans had even saw fit to land in the Arabic Peninsula :

In America, the progress was still slow, but by the end of day Canada started its push through the North, which should probably undermine the American resistance :

But on the 26th day, while the South of the USA was faltering, Canada was in trouble as it had attacked totally unprepared, relying on a few 10-regiments armies that were too few to cover the entire front :

The HDE promised its Snow Christians brethens some help, and morale remained high, even planning for the post-war equilibrium :

But Canadian troubles that only got worse on the 27th !

And at this moment, Canada decided the snatch surrender from the jaw of total victory :

The offers from the HDE went unheard, Canada was just... gone. With a last present to the Empire : everything it had :

At this point, Persia was also pretty much gone :

With Canada dropping and Romania and Turkey joining, it would be an automatic win. Hence, the strategy became waiting for Canada to drop :

And eventually :

With the four remaining active leaders joining their forces, the world became at peace again - and the Holy Dominican Empire was the second most powerful country in the world :

The (anti-climactic) End !

• Wow @Chimere! I am in awe that I never saw this thread, as this is actually more impressive I feel than my Oman game. This is an excellently played game, and I've enjoyed the last 30-40 minutes going through your photos and descriptions and really getting a close look at how you won.

This is really something special. Next time there's an All Nations All In, let's join a game together and see if we can replicate our winnings. I think that could be really truly very fun.
      It's been a while