Germany - Historic World War - Complete Report

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Germany - Historic World War - Complete Report

Here's my full report of the Germany game I've been doing day by day reports on.

Start of game: I finally got into a round as Germany after trying to get it for a long time. I created a coalition first called the League of Nations. Soviet Union and Italy joined. I also allied with Sweden and the United Kingdom. I started producing motorized infantry, medium tanks, and tactical bombers. My army plan was to make a fully mechanized army to quickly move from one place to another and wipe out opposing armies. I wanted to control all of Europe and move East or West depending on where other nations or AI are. I used the starting army on the East to rush Poland with the help of tactical bombers. I also used the 2 northwest light tank divisions to destroy Belgium. I wanted Belgium as a way to access France when the time came. Poland did not last long, falling after a few hours (except for the eastern provinces which I cleaned up later).

Invasion of France & Spain: The next step of my plan was to destroy France. France had created his own coalition called the Defense Pact with USA and Spain to back him. As the game just started, it would take a while before US reinforcements could arrive if I attacked France. Sweden had share map with France as well and agreed to give me info. He told me that France's air force was centered in Paris, so my first step was launching a massive interceptor attack at the grounded aircraft to take them out before they could get off the ground. Then I took my small army in Belgium and rushed for Paris. I detached the infantry because they were slowing me down. France's army is centered on the border but past the border there is almost nothing stopping an invader from tearing apart the core. However, if France withdrew his army from his fortifications, that would mean he would lose the protection bonus that gave him an advantage over me. I shifted my plan into trying to get his units off his fortifications. I wanted him to attack me in my fortifications or retreat. Italy also wanted part of France, but Italy was an idiot player. He rushed his units at France's max fortifications and got completely wiped out. I used my army on the French border and some reinforcements from the Polish front to secure my border in case France rushed me. Then I brought out the artillery and starting attacking his fortifications. His army hitpoints would slowly go down over time so eventually France withdrew his units. Without the protection bonus, that meant I could rush him from my border. I used my massive army to collapse his border and cause panic. By now I had secured the Maginot Line (French fortifications) and all the way to Brest (Northwest tip of France). Spain had brought in reinforcements by now though and I had overextended my land with the small army that came through Belgium. Overnight, I lost quite a bit of land to France and Spain, but I was able to push forward once more and this time I connected both armies and then fell back to conquer Southern France. Again, overnight I lost a lot of land. Now it is day 3 in game. I finished off the remaining French army. After a huge propaganda campaign, France surrendered. I let him keep his Africa territory with a right of way - share map relation. His army was also limited to 150 units with no submarines and no aircraft. I continued to attack Spain. I found his west coast poorly defended and punctured a hole through there, funneling in as many units as I could get at the time. My plan for Spain was to use the classic blitzkrieg attack strategy (See 1.5 blitzkrieg guide thread). I maneuvered through his urban provinces to cut resources and reinforcements. Spain was level 85 and did not quit like most noob players do when they get blitzkrieged. Instead he evacuated his remaining army to Africa while I squeezed in on all sides. I last saw his army heading east but decided not to go out of my way to bomb it because I didn't think it was a threat. This was kind of a mistake. USA sent a few troops but did no serious damage. Now however, I had gotten through the hardest part of my plan, taking southern Europe.

Invasion of smaller nations: I now wanted to deal with the smaller nations I had left behind. I used the freed up army in Spain to consume Switzerland, Denmark, Netherlands, Danzig, Slovakia, Hungary, Lithuania, Portugal, Yugoslavia, Romania, and Bulgaria. However, both my coalition members became afk. By this time the AI's really hated me, and a lot of players had become AI. The remaining players were Germany, USA, Brazil, Sweden, India, Australia, Turkey, UK, France, Spain, and Mongolia. I renamed my coalition to "New Germanic Union" and got Sweden and Brazil to join.

Invasion of Egypt: So, Spain had used his last army to take over Egypt and was planning to secretly make a large army and then launch an attack on me. France had left his coalition (Now called "Neutral Pact") and now it only had Spain and UK who recently joined. This was a threat to me as UK was a world power capable of destroying me. I planned on invading Spanish Egypt as soon as I could, but this was interrupted when AI Italy declared war. I quickly dealed with the threat but this delayed me a day. I began construction of an Atlantic Wall from Brest to Den Helder. This was made up of lvl 2 and lvl 3 fortifications. Each had artillery, anti-air, a patrolling interceptor, and militia, and there were also 4 railroad guns placed to shoot at the British fleets and then across the channel. UK was sharing map with me but I had taken it away so it was Peace - Share Map. A spy in Spain revealed that Spain was almost ready to attack me. I found lots of attack bombers near the sea as well. I used the RoW with France to attack Spain from the side and used a cruiser army to destroy the attack bombers. Egypt fell quickly but I did not see that Spain had moved to Saudi-Arabia as well. Below is a pic of where I am now (before invading Egypt)

• Invasion of UK: It became clear that UK was not interested in attacking me. I had built up so much on his border though that I wanted to attack him now. USA was now my ally and wanted to help with UK. USA owned Ireland except for Belfast. I first wiped out the British Navy with my navy and then dropped 16 paratroopers into the forests. These paratroopers set up a local port that I used to ferry my troops across after defeating the navy. Meanwhile, smaller attacks came from the North, East, and West. My ships circled around the island, bombarding any enemies in range. Then my troops would capture those provinces. It only took a day before the UK fell, but now I was at war with all of Africa and smaller countries were declaring war daily. I started maxing my buildings and growing my army. I now had a 400 unit army and 1000 resource production. Sweden went afk so USA replaced him. A small war against Sweden and Finland happened but I quickly took both nations since I had my armies already in place from UK. Another war with Greece was taking place but Turkey grabbed most of the land. I now owned almost all of Europe.

Invasion of Soviet Union: I saw the USSR as a threat since I did not have armies nearby there. I moved my Atlantic Wall troops over to the border and began construction of fortifications. The USSR attacked before that though, rushing groups of units at the border. This was kind of a boring war so I'll skip to the end. Mongolia was eating up the USSR from the west and I was friends with him so we met up after he took asian ussr and I took european ussr. I now had 1,000 points. The remaining countries were USA, Germany, Brazil, India, and Mongolia. India had reached Turkey and also invaded Nationalist China. I had 1,500 resource production and 500 army size. Mongolia and India were allies and were destroying Japan.

Invasion of Africa: As I was at war with all of Africa, I moved my army into Africa and started tearing away at AFK France, Spain, and UK. Since Africa was so big, the AI troops kinda just took back the land and progress was slow. In the end I had almost half of Africa when India and I both wanted to end the game (it got kinda boring) India had 1000 points and I had 1300 and USA had 300. USA was in a war against Mexico and had taken Canada and Brazil was doing nothing. I kicked Brazil out bc I thought he was afk and India joined so we had reached the required points. I forgot to mention this but I built my biggest fortification line against the Mongolian border of all level 3 fortifications and level 3 infrastructure, each with 1 railroad gun, 2 SPARTY, 3 meds, 3 motorized infantry, 1 mech infantry, 1 SPAA, 2 Tank Destroyers, and 1 Anti-Air. They also each had 1 patrolling rocket fighter. I started producing Nuclear Bombers but they werent done by the time the game ended. Brazil was kinda pissed that I kicked him. The game ended after a few hours. Here are the final pics:
    • i see india's been doing good, and USA is just plain lazy
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213