AI CONSTANTLY declaring war

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AI CONSTANTLY declaring war

I think this system is trash and needs to be fixed. I played this game back when AI never even built up their forces or could change relations with you and now I am punished in world maps just for playing the game. It becomes overwhelming after just a few days when every single country on the map has trade embargo on you and just declares war on you one by one . I think this system should be completely removed or AT LEAST reduced because it ruins the game in my opinion when Im playing as germany and conquering europe and every country on the map is declaring war on me and sending single troops to obscure locations where i cannot defend. I like that AI build up strong and can actually be difficult to take out but having them constantly attack you for no reason is't cool. ESPECIALLY when allies go inactive and then suddenly their AI takes over and wants war with you for no reason. Fix this PLEASE the game was SO MUCH better before when they couldnt declare war. Im not saying they shouldnt at all, but the system in place should be heavily adjusted so its not so overwhelming and unfun.
    • im glad you agree and im sure most players would, this system is broken and when i came back to playing this game from before this system was in place i was shocked it would even be changed to this is makes this game literally 100% less fun, i play this game to fight other PLAYERS not be constantly attacked by AI
    • First of all, please do not swear in the forum.

Several people have been complaining about the frequency of the AI declaring war, in fact there is already a thread about it:
      AI dont declare war - Bug Reports and Issues - Call of War- Forum
      The devs might change this in an upcoming update, and I also agree that all the AI countries declaring war on you can really get frustrating. In one of my games, all the countries I am at war with are AI. I want to end that game, but the only other active player won't retire. The only reason I'm still playing that game is to improve my stats :D
    • @Darth Anor Please do not swear, use no offensive language and state nothing that might offend others. I have edited this whole thread.

To answer your question. I imagine that you have attacked players withouth declaring war and fought several wars at the same time? Just like in the real world if you go rogue this will have consequenses, countries will impose trade embargo's and if you continue your agressivity than they will declare war. It's the same in the game where rogue behavior lowers your global popularity.

Luckily there's a solution. Firstly try to fight one war at a time and finish it before you attack another nation. Before you attack a nation declare first trade embargo and declare war afterwards. Furthermore when the map starts you can give all AI that you don't intend to attack shared maps. All players that go inactive and are taken over by a bot you can give them ROW. This will increase your popularity.

Please read this in depth guide about popularity with AI: Popularity with Elite AI
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

Luckily there's a solution. Firstly try to fight one war at a time and finish it before you attack another nation. Before you attack a nation declare first trade embargo and declare war afterwards. Furthermore when the map starts you can give all AI that you don't intend to attack shared maps. All players that go inactive and are taken over by a bot you can give them ROW. This will increase your popularity.
      These solutions are kind of annoying. Why does Bytro want to tell me (=program the AI) how to fight my wars? I didn't even know that "one war at a time" actually helped to solve that, and doubt if it is even true. Declaring RoW's to everyone is just a very annoying activity; there's dozens (hundreds?) of small nations and a very boring 15 minutes of your life to offer RoW to them all, game after game. Maybe we could get a "Offer RoW to all AI" button or something like that, if this is so important?

I agree with OP that this system is rigged, it forces you to fight lots of AI's while the real fun is in fighting humans, and minor nations declaring war on superpowers because they "do not like them" (and getting destroyed for doing so) isn't really realistic either.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Follow these steps in all games
      1. At the beginning of your game give 'shared map' to computer players
      2. Do not attack anybody before declaring war!
      3. You can go a step ahead by imposing a 'trade embargo' and waiting for a day(if you have time) and then declaring war
      4. After sometime when players get inactive give them 'right of way'. So even if they come back they cannot see your troops

HOPE ITS HELPFUL :)
      “ To command is to serve, nothing more and nothing less.”

For support ticket click here

forum rank list(the better one)

join my discord server>discord.gg/nbydn7sEaS

:00010166:
    • BMfox wrote:

@Darth Anor Please do not swear, use no offensive language and state nothing that might offend others. I have edited this whole thread.

To answer your question. I imagine that you have attacked players withouth declaring war and fought several wars at the same time? Just like in the real world if you go rogue this will have consequenses, countries will impose trade embargo's and if you continue your agressivity than they will declare war. It's the same in the game where rogue behavior lowers your global popularity.

Please read this in depth guide about popularity with AI: Popularity with Elite AI
      The thing is i do all these things to have good relations with AI but i dont like slowing down my expansion i am a very aggressive player and i always have all the ai putting trade embargos on me on the 2nd or 3rd day. My suggestion is you make aggressive ai a option in the game creation menu thing so that way not all games have ai that will do this becuase in my opinion it makes the game just more annoying more than fun.
    • Andromeda wrote:

Scrappy_ wrote:

I think the real problem here is that all the AI's are friends. Like I never see AI's go to war against another AI. They should attack each other.
      I've seen AI declare war on AI a few times in the classic version, but have yet to see it in 1.5
      i think i have seen it sometimes. but it was because a player declared war on an ai and went afk so after 2 days the player became an ai but still they did not make peace.

• jefin b wrote:

Andromeda wrote:

Scrappy_ wrote:

I think the real problem here is that all the AI's are friends. Like I never see AI's go to war against another AI. They should attack each other.
      I've seen AI declare war on AI a few times in the classic version, but have yet to see it in 1.5
      i think i have seen it sometimes. but it was because a player declared war on an ai and went afk so after 2 days the player became an ai but still they did not make peace.
      ive seen it plenty in both versions of the game this often happens on world maps 100 player and 25/30 player ones and in these if you expand alot in the first few days like youre supposed to in this game to gain power all the ai inevitably will declare war on you no matter what else you do
    • Darth Anor wrote:

jefin b wrote:

Andromeda wrote:

Scrappy_ wrote:

ive seen it plenty in both versions of the game this often happens on world maps 100 player and 25/30 player ones and in these if you expand alot in the first few days like youre supposed to in this game to gain power all the ai inevitably will declare war on you no matter what else you do
      no if you do it like a gentleman no ai will attack you

• jefin b wrote:

Darth Anor wrote:

jefin b wrote:

Andromeda wrote:

Scrappy_ wrote:

no if you do it like a gentleman no ai will attack you
      i have done it plenty of times.