How to get started as British Egypt

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to get started as British Egypt

Is this useful? 8
        Yes (8) 100%
      After the new HWW update 5 new nations were added, Venezuela, Peru, Netherlands, South Africa and British Egypt. Today I'm gonna show you what to do as British Egypt.

1. You are a small country with the minimum number of vps for a playable nation and surrounded by cononial powers. Best to ally with atleast 1 cononial power or a power strong enough to kill enemies. And make peace in initial days. Be very talkative, just like in real life the best way to prevent war is communication. You should be stern telling people that you will defend yourself and make yourself a harder target then other nations around you or at the very least bluff to make it seem like your a harder target. But the key to being talkative is to not be annoying or obnoxious because while people might avoid invading the person that is generally polite and chill, people will and do target and go out of their way to attack toxic players. So just be chill and non-toxic so that a good amount of times you will avoid being invaded right off the bat. Now this strat probably won’t be as effective in non-historical game modes since those are generally more competitive then All In and HWW where people don’t really join to win but to have a good time although no one is stoping you from trying.

2. Industrialize- Make industries and local industries , lvl them. , you need better resource production for a better army.

3. Prepare- Prepare for your attack. Air base naval base barracks, everything is needed. I like to use a mot+mech+lt combo with bomber planes and arty behind.

4. Attack- March into one of the colonial powers cut off their supplies, use naval bombers to cut off attacks from the sea. Saudi Arabia and Iraq can be taken easily if army is bigger. Now all this strategy can be followed and Africa and others is YOURS!

That's it for sugestions, Pls leave a like if you like it. And also, thanks @JesterThe sheep for making the first guide. And special thanks to Habo778 for helping add the 1st part.
      Comrade genz

The post was edited 6 times, last by Comrade genz ().

• I would like to emphasize Diplomacy a bit. Be very talkative, just like in real life the best way to prevent war is communication. You should be stern telling people that you will defend yourself and make yourself a harder target then other nations around you or at the very least bluff to make it seem like your a harder target. But the key to being talkative is to not be annoying or obnoxious because while people might avoid invading the person that is generally polite and chill, people will and do target and go out of their way to attack toxic players. So just be chill and non-toxic so that a good amount of times you will avoid being invaded right off the bat. Now this strat probably won’t be as effective in non-historical game modes since those are generally more competitive then All In and HWW where people don’t really join to win but to have a good time although no one is stoping you from trying.
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)
    • Habo778 wrote:

I would like to emphasize Diplomacy a bit. Be very talkative, just like in real life the best way to prevent war is communication. You should be stern telling people that you will defend yourself and make yourself a harder target then other nations around you or at the very least bluff to make it seem like your a harder target. But the key to being talkative is to not be annoying or obnoxious because while people might avoid invading the person that is generally polite and chill, people will and do target and go out of their way to attack toxic players. So just be chill and non-toxic so that a good amount of times you will avoid being invaded right off the bat. Now this strat probably won’t be as effective in non-historical game modes since those are generally more competitive then All In and HWW where people don’t really join to win but to have a good time although no one is stoping you from trying.
      Thanks, I added it.
      Comrade genz
    • I would add or change a few things :

- You could be tempted to go to the East (Italy) and South (UK), basically to expand on the African continent. This is a REALLY bad idea :

A. Most of Africa is worthless territory, with few cities and even those cities are 1 icon resources
      B. While you will easily conquer UK or Italy, they WILL come and it happens that 3 of your 5 core cities are in range of their BB and Cruisers, so they WILL ruin you. Italy may have a smaller fleet, but in general the Italian player has nothing to do with said fleet ...

I will restate this so it is clear : do NOT attack anything in Africa at the beginning.

- To the North Est, there is more of UK in Palestine, and France in Syria, which is not very interesting.

That leaves you two axis of development :

- South-East toward Iraq, or North toward Greece or Turkey.

A. South-East toward Iraq I would call that the "land" development, and you would only have to develop a land army and a minimal fleet. After Iraq, you could move to Turkey, Persia, ...

The only big risk is someone blocking the crossing through the Red Sea, so to counter this
      a. develop naval bombers to attack whoever tries this from the ground,
      b. to prepare against a massive enemy fleet, build local ports in 2 locations (north and south) so your opponent either split his force trying to cover both (and then your naval planes will win the battle) or he will only be able to cover one.

The one country that will not be deterred by planes is UK who has the size to block both passes with enough cruisers that you don't want to use your planes. Well, don't provoke him and he has no reason to attack you, and if he does it as a "hostile neutral" you can threaten to take his territory in Africa - but don't do it so you have leverage.

B. For Greece or Turkey you will need a significant fleet in all cases and fast transports ; your army can be smaller given the amount of targets that can be reached by a BB or a CA. Italy is probably the largest threat, and he has no reason to ally you... which means you can probably get along with France against Italy, and thus have the support of the French fleet to cross.

Of course, as usual, either Italy or Turkey or UK will go inactive day 3 and then you will have much more freedom :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chimere ().

• Chimere wrote:

I would add or change a few things :

- You could be tempted to go to the East (Italy) and South (UK), basically to expand on the African continent. This is a REALLY bad idea :

A. Most of Africa is worthless territory, with few cities and even those cities are 1 icon resources
      B. While you will easily conquer UK or Italy, they WILL come and it happens that 3 of your 5 core cities are in range of their BB and Cruisers, so they WILL ruin you. Italy may have a smaller fleet, but in general the Italian player has nothing to do with said fleet ...

I will restate this so it is clear : do NOT attack anything in Africa at the beginning.

- To the North Est, there is more of UK in Palestine, and France in Syria, which is not very interesting.

That leaves you two axis of development :

- South-East toward Iraq, or North toward Greece or Turkey.

A. South-East toward Iraq I would call that the "land" development, and you would only have to develop a land army and a minimal fleet. After Iraq, you could move to Turkey, Persia, ...

The only big risk is someone blocking the crossing through the Red Sea, so to counter this
      a. develop naval planes to attack whoever tries this from the ground,
      b. to prepare against a massive enemy fleet, build local ports in 2 locations (north and south) so your opponent either split his force trying to cover both (and then your naval planes will win the battle) or he will only be able to cover one.

The one country that will not be deterred by planes is UK who has the size to block both passes with enough cruisers that you don't want to use your planes. Well, don't provoke him and he has no reason to attack you, and if he does it as a "hostile neutral" you can threaten to take his territory in Africa - but don't do it so you have leverage.

B. For Greece or Turkey you will need a significant fleet in all cases and fast transports ; your army can be smaller given the amount of targets that can be reached by a BB or a CA. Italy is probably the largest threat, and he has no reason to ally you... which means you can probably get along with France against Italy, and thus have the support of the French fleet to cross.

Of course, as usual, either Italy or Turkey or UK will go inactive day 3 and then you will have much more freedom :)
      USE NAVAL BOMBERS
      Comrade genz
    • whowh wrote:

Chimere wrote:

build local ports in 2 locations
      What does building local ports do that will make players move their forces?
      The objective of your opponent in that configuration is to stop you from crossing. If you can embark/disembark in less than 4 hours, then his only realist way to intercept you is to split his force between the two places where the distance is the narrowest. Else, you will have crossed by the time he noticed you were trying to cross.
    • Chimere wrote:

whowh wrote:

Chimere wrote:

The objective of your opponent in that configuration is to stop you from crossing. If you can embark/disembark in less than 4 hours, then his only realist way to intercept you is to split his force between the two places where the distance is the narrowest. Else, you will have crossed by the time he noticed you were trying to cross.
      Africa to Europe, if you take 1 of the powers you cannot be attacked as people will fear u.
      Comrade genz
    • Comrade genz wrote:

Chimere wrote:

whowh wrote:

Chimere wrote:

Africa to Europe, if you take 1 of the powers you cannot be attacked as people will fear u.
      I am not sure what you are talking about here.
    • Chimere wrote:

Comrade genz wrote:

Chimere wrote:

whowh wrote:

Chimere wrote:

Build your army, take their colonies, take their mainland.
      Comrade genz
    • @Comrade genz : I am sorry but that's a terrible strategy. All the colonies (so excluding Ethiopia / Liberia / South Africa) is 21 cities, 2 of which are double icons. That's the equivalent of 3 Egyptian core cities, BEFORE core cities development, WITHOUT taking into account not maximum morale. For that price, you are at war with UK, Italy, France and some minors like Belgium and Portugal.

While you are attacking UK, UK can park a fleet in front of Port Said or Alexandria or Marsah Mattuh and destroy any industry you would have in it. Eventually just land 1 infantry and take it, even if you retake it (at what cost, since the battleships will shot !) the morale is reset at 25%.

You have to be naive if you think it is a good move to attack a [smart] UK player as your opening move.
    • Since I am there, it is a pretty terrible guide (and horribly generic) :

2. Industrialize- Make industries and local industries , lvl them.
      Infrastructure, make highways, lvl them , you need better resource
      production for a better army.

=> You certainly don't need highways. Your core territory is extremely packed (it ain't China or Soviet Union), you don't have a lot of ressources, so don't bother. Even if you plan to conquer Africa, you don't need highways because you would do it mostly with motorized infantry

3. Prepare- Prepare for your attack. Air base naval base barracks,
      everything is needed. I like to use a mot+mech+lt combo with bomber
      planes and arty behind.

Basically you propose a player with one of the most limited industry base to build planes (including naval bombers) AND arty AND Motorized AND Mechanized AND Light Tanks AND arty
      Let me tell you you never played a minor. You can't do all that, and (since your strategy is to conquer Africa) you don't need all that anyway.

What you need for your Africa strategy is motorized infantry, because the colonial powers have almost no army in there so no need to have the whole pack. You can discard LT because your opponents will defend their cities, and Mechanized seem overkill plus there is a chance your opponent build militia (+Ethiopia/Liberia will have a lot of these]. Arty ? Too slow in Africa. Bombers ? Not needed, especially since you will have to build a lot of airport to keep up. Naval bombers ? yeah, you will need them because UK will come knocking.

If UK or France are landing tanks in Africa, it means they are not busy surviving in Europe and you are screwed anyway. For the occasional domestically produced tank (or South African tank) - well motorized infantry is enough if there are only an handful, else given your have allied doctrine go for Tank Destroyers.

The strategy through Saudi Arabia is more economical, you only need some kind of infantry (foot or motorized, as you prefer) and artillery. airports built on the other side of Suez will have some usage, but I don't advice doing planes early on at all, because you need that oil to industrialize quickly.

Conclusion : Your guide is not a good guide at all (unlike Jester's guide to the Netherlands, who analyze the resource at hands and tells you that it is pointless to hope to hold Netherlands - actually it feels like he actually played it).

The post was edited 2 times, last by Chimere ().

• Comrade genz wrote:

Chimere wrote:

Comrade genz wrote:

Chimere wrote:

whowh wrote:

Chimere wrote:

Build your army, take their colonies, take their mainland.
      Chimere just said do everything but that.
      But courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility.

Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both.

-Rommel

Forum Rank list here.
    • Chimere wrote:

Since I am there, it is a pretty terrible guide (and horribly generic) :

2. Industrialize- Make industries and local industries , lvl them.
      Infrastructure, make highways, lvl them , you need better resource
      production for a better army.

=> You certainly don't need highways. Your core territory is extremely packed (it ain't China or Soviet Union), you don't have a lot of ressources, so don't bother. Even if you plan to conquer Africa, you don't need highways because you would do it mostly with motorized infantry

3. Prepare- Prepare for your attack. Air base naval base barracks,
      everything is needed. I like to use a mot+mech+lt combo with bomber
      planes and arty behind.

Basically you propose a player with one of the most limited industry base to build planes (including naval bombers) AND arty AND Motorized AND Mechanized AND Light Tanks AND arty
      Let me tell you you never played a minor. You can't do all that, and (since your strategy is to conquer Africa) you don't need all that anyway.

What you need for your Africa strategy is motorized infantry, because the colonial powers have almost no army in there so no need to have the whole pack. You can discard LT because your opponents will defend their cities, and Mechanized seem overkill plus there is a chance your opponent build militia (+Ethiopia/Liberia will have a lot of these]. Arty ? Too slow in Africa. Bombers ? Not needed, especially since you will have to build a lot of airport to keep up. Naval bombers ? yeah, you will need them because UK will come knocking.

If UK or France are landing tanks in Africa, it means they are not busy surviving in Europe and you are screwed anyway. For the occasional domestically produced tank (or South African tank) - well motorized infantry is enough if there are only an handful, else given your have allied doctrine go for Tank Destroyers.

The strategy through Saudi Arabia is more economical, you only need some kind of infantry (foot or motorized, as you prefer) and artillery. airports built on the other side of Suez will have some usage, but I don't advice doing planes early on at all, because you need that oil to industrialize quickly.

Conclusion : Your guide is not a good guide at all (unlike Jester's guide to the Netherlands, who analyze the resource at hands and tells you that it is pointless to hope to hold Netherlands - actually it feels like he actually played it).
      Africa to Europe to Asia . I agree with you on the highways though. You need bombers and arty. As I said, after you industrialized the country, you can be able to build all. Jester played the Netherlands. I have played British Egypt. This is the way I used to win as it.
      Comrade genz

The post was edited 1 time, last by Comrade genz ().