Goa

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Little Racoon wrote:

Alright, calm down. I don't know much about this Goa stuff previously, but after doing some research, I found that Goa is a small province, slightly bigger than Hong Kong although much bigger than Macau.

Based on the little available information from Wikipedia regarding its history, especially zero mention of its significance in WW2, I would say it is only a marginal territory of Portugal which served little to no purpose in WW2 (any Indians, please correct me if I'm wrong). Meanwhile, for Macau and Hong Kong (Hong Kong especially), there was at least a mention of their roles in WW2. Macau served a very minor role as Portugal was neutral in WW2, being unofficially "occupied" by the Japanese and bombarded by US forces late-war. Hong Kong, meanwhile, was under Japanese occupation from 1941-1945, being attacked on the same morning as the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, showing its relative strategic importance to the Japanese.

What's the point in explaining all of this? Different to the tiny territories of HK and Macau, Goa was a very minor territory that didn't serve any role, at least any major role, in WW2. Now, granted, it was part of Portugal, but should the historic map include such a territory? I don't think so.

TL;DR - two reasons why Goa shouldn't be included in the historic map as a Portuguese colony: 1) It is very tiny on the map. 2) Compared to even smaller territories like Hong Kong and Macau, Goa didn't play a role in the war, being part of neutral Portugal.
    It is bigger than Macau, and Hong Kong, why it shouldn't be added, it isn't as small as Puducherry or dadra haveli diu islands that are not possible to see. Even if it didn't play a role. We'll just forget it was Portuguese? Boliva played no part in the war, nor did Portugal, why are they on the map? Goa can be seen it's not THAT tiny.
  • Comrade genz wrote:

It is bigger than Macau, and Hong Kong, why it shouldn't be added, it isn't as small as Puducherry or dadra haveli diu islands that are not possible to see. Even if it didn't play a role. We'll just forget it was Portuguese? Boliva played no part in the war, nor did Portugal, why are they on the map? Goa can be seen it's not THAT tiny.
    2) Compared to even smaller territories like Hong Kong and Macau, Goa didn't play a role in the war, being part of neutral Portugal. - from previous post.

Now, to elaborate: Bolivia didn't play a role in WW2, hence why it is an AI nation (if I remember correctly). Portugal is an AI nation as it was neutral. Venezuela and Peru were added as playable nations for making South America more interesting, not for historical accuracy. Now, I think Sweden is playable even though it was neutral, but it did have a role in WW2, which I think was the supplying of resources to Nazi Germany since they were at least on decent terms.

Why would you want Goa to be included? Historical accuracy? Yes, that's valid reasoning. However, is there any other reason to include it? Currently, I cannot think of one. To be honest, I was quite surprised Macau was included on the map, but since it's added, might as well keep it there to prevent more hassles. Have I ever heard of Goa before? Maybe, but it would likely be from the golden age of Portugal in the 1500s. For a small AND (if I may be frank) completely useless colony in the war effort, I don't think the effort it would need to add it is worth it.
    "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
  • Miradosh wrote:

If so why isn't the rest of India part of Britan? Why isn't canada part of britan? Why isn't Brazil part of Portugal??
    Get it?
    The Historical World War round is based in 1939. Brazil gained independence from Portugal in 1821, and Canada declared its independence in 1867. India was still part of Britain, hence its name, "British India"
  • Andromeda wrote:

Miradosh wrote:

If so why isn't the rest of India part of Britan? Why isn't canada part of britan? Why isn't Brazil part of Portugal??
    Get it?
    The Historical World War round is based in 1939. Brazil gained independence from Portugal in 1821, and Canada declared its independence in 1867. India was still part of Britain, hence its name, "British India"
    Before 1939 there was a huge protest thing which gave india the same autonomy as canada
    YeeHaw
  • Miradosh wrote:

Comrade genz wrote:

Miradosh wrote:

but when spain absolutely squeezes you in literally 2 days what do you get?
    even if you survive India will destroy goa
    You might say that is the same for hong kong
    But it happened to be that 6 ships are based in hong kong
    But we're talking about Goa
    Exactly goa will be destroyed by india
    So what, Macau also would be destroyed by Japan
  • Miradosh wrote:

1939 why is bangladesh independent
    It's not, at least not in the 1939 historic world war map, the other maps are for gameplay. Also, in 1939 India wasn't even independent and was still under British control, only in 1947 would India be independent. Anyways the tiny nation of Luxembourg has 3 provinces, so these small ports make sense, as an non-core province at least.
  • i dont understand why midway isnt there when it was VITAL
    “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
    Slavery is Freedom
    Weakness is Strength
  • GOA DID NOTHING. IT WOULD CHANGE NOTHING. WHY ARE YOU SO OBSESSED WITH GOA??? SEVERAL PEOPLE ALREDY PROVED YOU @DoctorDR1@ 'Catdancer' @freezy PLEASE MAKE THIS PERSON UNDERSTAND
    “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
    Slavery is Freedom
    Weakness is Strength
  • M8. Lets just say that Bytro goes through the effort and make Goa. SO WHAT!? what would change? it would be USELESS, killed by india quick and just not influence the game at all. WOULD YOU SPEND HOURS CODING SOMETHING USELESS???
    Next youll be saying where is Andorra? Leichstein? Vatican City? Whowhland? come on ITS OBVIOUS.
    WHY ARE YOU OBSESSED

War is Peace
    Slavery is Freedom
    Weakness is Strength
  • IMma stop trying to reason with you bye bye

War is Peace
    Slavery is Freedom
    Weakness is Strength