Rise of the Axis Map Suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rise of the Axis Map Suggestion

The axis have finally won World War II. However, a the two major axis members Japan and Nazi Germany have been at odds. Who will win the war between to the two factions.

Faction of Nazi Germany:
      Nazi Germany
      Fascist Italy
      Croatia
      Romania
      Hungary
      Bulguia
      Sweden
      Vichy France
      Fascist USA
      Confederacy
      Fascist Caribbean
      Fascist Argentina
      Fascist Brazil
      Spain

Faction of Japan:
      Japanese Empire
      Reorganized Republic of China
      India
      Siberian Federation
      Pacific States of America
      Peru
      Chile
      Aztec Empire
      Central America
      Thailand
    • Habo778 wrote:

It may be cool to have the UK and Australia to be the last holdouts but unfortunately it would probably throw off the balance
      Perhaps the British Empire can be its own faction and it and Germany have also had an unstable peace. The UK faction could be:

UK (+iceland and ireland)
      Australia
      New Zealand
      Indonesia
      Eastern Canada
      South Africa
      Egypt-Sudan
      British Ethiopia
      Greater Arabia
    • As of now the dev team seem to have 2 priorities.

A - Polishing: This is all the Bug Fixes and ease of life improvements to try to bring CoW into the new age we are in as well as making sure the game doesn’t fall apart at the seams. This has always been going on since day 1 and is a universal constant to all games with continuing dev support.

B - Expanding 1.5: This includes all the balancing and updating old maps done in order to improve 1.5 and make sure it doesn’t get dull.

So until at least all the old maps are updated (minus some that were already retired) I don’t think we can count on any new maps especially since updating a map for 1.5 is probably less like updating and more alike making an entirely new map based off the old one.

Mandatory Disclaimer: I am not part of the CoW dev team nor do I claim to have any inside knowledge of the inner working of Bytro so any speculation made in the above statement can be either confirmed or denied by a member of the CoW dev team or any Employee of Bytro without contest and I am not liable for any stupid or idiotic claims you make as a result of not checking the source of the above statement.
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)
    • I like the idea of time period/scenario maps, like 1944 EndGame or say, 1942 World in Flames or something. What i really hate is that, with Dawn of the Patriot AND 1944 Endgame, not only are they small maps but instead of getting countries you get "factions" e.g. German First Army. I hate that so much that I will never play one of those maps.
      If they had Worldwide maps as cool scenarios count me in.
      Scenario Ideas:
      Cold War- Exactly how the world was in 1949, especially want this map cos of PRC. Germany is divided, etc. you know how it goes. NOT an AvA, seperate country selection with free choice and coailtions
      Final Offensive- small map of the Ardennes Offensive
      Pacific War- pacific sized map, but historically accurate and again, free country selection just like Historic World War
      1942 Victory at all Cost- Peak of Axis, Historic World War format
      Battle of Stalingrad- very small map of JUST Stalingrad, therefore the first of its kind. "provinces" would be different sections, play either as USSR or Germany
      1945 Last Stand- world as it was January first 1945, Historic format. It would not be wildly off balance, because we could buff German defences, add some buffs on the basis of morale, etc.
      Operation Overlord- Map of just Occupied France, historically accurate. USA gets no starting land, just the units. UK, Germany(Occupied France), Spain, Canadian FORCES, Australian FORCES, and Free/Vichy French FORCES. Actually owned provinces on map owned only by Spain, Germany and UK.
      OTHER MAP- OTHER MAP
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Yes. The gameplay is pretty good, big surges with maps should be introduced
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • GrandEmpire wrote:

Operation Overlord- Map of just Occupied France, historically accurate. USA gets no starting land, just the units. UK, Germany(Occupied France), Spain, Canadian FORCES, Australian FORCES, and Free/Vichy French FORCES. Actually owned provinces on map owned only by Spain, Germany and UK.

what about instead of commonwealth forces just a buffed British army?

I think instead it should be the UK and the US invading France which has Germany in the east and Vichy France in the west.
    • you mean germany north and France south
      No a buffed all british woukd be unbalanced cos UK already gets all its cores

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • no it wouldnt
      USA BRITISH AUSSIE FREE FRENCH
      GERMAN ITALIAN VICHY FRENCH SPAIN
      Also remember aĺlies get units no land

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • meh. CoW isnt historical diplomatically

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength