Possible new ideas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Possible new ideas

I had some good ideas if you guys are looking for some new content.

1. The Sniper: This would be a ranged unit with a range of 50. It would only have one hit point, though, since snipers are not very well armored. On average (Without any boosts or nerfs to its damage by the doctrine or terrain) it would deal 11 damage to unarmored units. 9 with a damage reduction by doctrine, 12 with a buff. It would do 7.8 to light armor, 6.5 with reduction, 8.6 with a buff. And to heavy armor, it would deal 4.6, with 3.2 on nerf and 5.6 on buff. 7.8 to ships, 6.5 on nerf, 8.6 on buff. To buildings, it would only deal 2.5 damage 1.4 on nerf, 3.5 on buff. And finally, to airplanes, it would deal 1.5, 1 on nerf, 2 on buff. It would be boosted by 50% on hill territory and 25% on forest territory. If you are looking for a way to pick off infantry from a distance, the sniper is the way to do it.
      2. The HammerShot. HammerShot is a type of long range artillery used in late WW1, sort of like a predecessor to the Railroad Guns. This would be a stationary unit, so it would obviously be stronger than most units. Like the name suggests, this thing would hammer its opponents with a range of 120. In terms of damage, (un-boosted or nerfed) it would deal a whopping 20 to heavy armor, 18 nerfed, 21 buffed. 18 to light armor, 16 nerfed, 20 buffed. 15 to unarmored, 14 nerfed, 17 buffed. Its the same as light armor for ships. And to buildings, it would deal 20 damage, 19 nerfed, 23 buffed. This unit would have 45 HP un-boosted, 40 nerfed, and 52 boosted. Since they are stationary, they do not get any terrain boosts.

Again, these are just concepts, but it would make me soooo happy if I saw one or both of these units added to the game.
      Emmett S. 10yo
    • WoofWoofWoofy wrote:

The HammerShot. HammerShot is a type of long range artillery used in late WW1, sort of like a predecessor to the Railroad Guns. This would be a stationary unit, so it would obviously be stronger than most units. Like the name suggests, this thing would hammer its opponents with a range of 120. In terms of damage, (un-boosted or nerfed) it would deal a whopping 20 to heavy armor, 18 nerfed, 21 buffed. 18 to light armor, 16 nerfed, 20 buffed. 15 to unarmored, 14 nerfed, 17 buffed. Its the same as light armor for ships. And to buildings, it would deal 20 damage, 19 nerfed, 23 buffed. This unit would have 45 HP un-boosted, 40 nerfed, and 52 boosted. Since they are stationary, they do not get any terrain boosts.
      Ok, I couldn't find anything about this "HammerShot" thing, only a kid's nerf gun. If you really want to see this, just use railroad guns in forts.
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Do something about what is going on with artillery. Today I have lost a group of 4 units against light tanks. Both times I was at maximum distance full health and they are crushed! played this game for awhile have never seen anything like this. No use in building artillery if they are going to be destroyed at max. distance.
    • HammerShot as you said is WWI. tHIS is WWII.
      Snipers are just commandos without range.
      Some units CoW SHOULD add are things like the Mortar, field guns, more infantry (Light/assault, infantry equipment varied greatly during the war), Jet Fighters (Their strength is so different to Fighters they need to have their own class. Even elite fighter aint gonna cut it), Battlecruisers, etc.
      Love Supremacy 1s weapons!
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Mortar : Small mortars are like artillery, heavy mortars are really railroad guns
      Infantry : We have enough type. Motorized is already assault by default (attack stronger than defense, "light" would be akin to commando in terms of usage). More is not always better
      Jet fighter/bomber : This one could be arguably a good idea. We have after all the much more anecdotical rocket fighter.
      Battlecruisers : Obsolete by WW2.
    • battlecruisers were not obsolete.
      Also Mortar is different to railgun and it was used in Russia. It can be Railgun Lvl 2
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • No Genz thats only funny when KRoki does it

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • GrandEmpire wrote:

battlecruisers were not obsolete.
      Also Mortar is different to railgun and it was used in Russia. It can be Railgun Lvl 2
      Of course the battlecruiser was obsolete by WW2, Mr WW2 Expert. Their purpose was fully covered by the « fast battleship » concept. The few who participated in WW2 were roughly 20 years old legacy equipment.

You will tell me about the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, which are sometimes called Battlecruisers (and more often Fast Battleships) ; but if they are called battlecruiser it is because their armor is on the light side, not because they are faster than a Battleship (they are not faster than the battleship they were built to counter : the Richelieu). If their armor is on the light side, it is not a doctrinal choice to go faster, it is a technical constraint.

Mortar is gameplay would not be different from RRG since the RRG is not rail bound in the game (it can even go in a transport ship !). Actually I believe RRG should be removed and replaced by Heavy Mortar in visual and name (same stats).
    • Hmm. I agree. But new things can definitely be added!
      You remember the people like you who said Paratroopers wouldnt worl blah blah, what do we have now? Paratroopers

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength