AIs declaring wars on leaders – very annoying & discouraging!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AIs declaring wars on leaders – very annoying & discouraging!

As per subject – isnt it annoying, and more importantly, realistic?

• U build your army,
      • U observe the general rule of no more than one war at a time,
      • Thanks to your skills, u finally become the leader on your map,
      YET…
      instead of fighting real players, or those that YOU choose to fight, or at least that random country who went bananas and decided to go for u anyway, you have to abandon your plans and CONSTANTLY battle those petty countries who dilute your effort, your forces, and make the exprience dreadful.

Are Bytro going to look into that? So many complaints have been logged in, yet no sign of them reacting to these.
      Im on the verge of quitting one map where Im on a clear leader, on my way to a solo victory… if it wasnt for the wars from Greece, Latvia and other "superpowers".

What say you, CoW comrades?

Tajojta X
    • Global Popularity is an integral mechanic of the game, and to my experience is meant to curb the pace of aggressive players in order to level the playing field across the board.

You gain popularity when you're not at war and when you have positive relations with the AI, while you lose popularity when you start wars, and for every day that you're at war.

You won't lose popularity for defending against an aggressor nation, and you'll lose less popularity for fighting defensively.

If don't go to war for awhile, and you instead commit your time and resources to building up your infrastructure and offering good relations to the AI (Right of Way & Share Map), you'll be rewarded in turn with those same positive relations from the AI, which opens up new strategic avenues for if and when you do decide to go to war.

I will grant that the current implementation is pretty mediocre in practical terms, as it takes several days to accumulate positive reputation, and not very long at all to lose it; but that's also realistic, as trust takes a lifetime to build and only seconds to lose.

In short, if you play hyper-aggressive and try to "speedrun" a scenario, you get to deal with the AI. If you prioritize knocking players out of a scenario first rather than the AI, you get to deal with the AI later. It's just one facet of the game that you learn to either leverage or work around over time, and I personally don't see it as a significant issue.
    • Cheers, mate.
      Yeah, this is sadly ALL BUT theory - in reality, me, as Romania in that particular case, was doing one war at a time, until petty countries began with embargo. I did offer ROW to most of them, yet that didnt help.

Another thing, even more terrible, such a nuisanse, is on Antarctida, garrisons and corps have ROW! That is all too difficult and just unfair when combating them! If they can seeve thru any AI, how can I plan anything?
    • Hello,

this AI is totally stupid - far from the reality of the normal world, where instead of declaring suicidal wars, they would rather try for an agreement and some form of subordination or alliance.
      No one enjoys playing against AI, which is ingame 24 hours a day and has dozens of antiair marching across your country. This has been disgusting me for a long time. Where is CoW moving?
      Only those ridiculous trade embargoes !! in 5 days in the game I had 2 wars and 12 countries declare an embargo - instead of an effort to trade, which is to the benefit of all. This game can be played as Sim City, but it certainly can't be called Call Of War. This is a contradiction to the reality of the game. Absolutely stupid. Dot.
    • what you're calling above is totally realistic. If you start an war and a different country gets the feeling you'll attack them soon, they will call an embargo to give your trades an disadvantage. (Right now in my first game and almost winning it with my coalition). With that disadvantage, you'll likely will run out of something. Look at WWII. Poland got in war with Germany and straight up France, England and some other countries declared war on Germany or called an Embargo.
    • Mr. Bridger wrote:

Hello,

this AI is totally stupid - far from the reality of the normal world, where instead of declaring suicidal wars, they would rather try for an agreement and some form of subordination or alliance.
      No one enjoys playing against AI, which is ingame 24 hours a day and has dozens of antiair marching across your country. This has been disgusting me for a long time. Where is CoW moving?
      Only those ridiculous trade embargoes !! in 5 days in the game I had 2 wars and 12 countries declare an embargo - instead of an effort to trade, which is to the benefit of all. This game can be played as Sim City, but it certainly can't be called Call Of War. This is a contradiction to the reality of the game. Absolutely stupid. Dot.
      dumb ai was in 1.0, 1.5's ai is intelligent/Elite.
      “ To command is to serve, nothing more and nothing less.”

For support ticket click here

forum rank list(the better one)

join my discord server>discord.gg/nbydn7sEaS

:00010166:
    • I quit one such game (America, everyone has nukes) although was a clear leader.
      Why?
      Not that I couldnt have defeated them, but it would take all fun away from the game. To me, it is not fun to plan one thing, yet end up running chaotically to defend my far away land just b/c some stupid AI decided to attack me. Thats not where the fun is supposed to be.