Rocket Maximum Damage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rocket Maximum Damage

I've seen a lot of discussion about rockets but nothing clearly tells me the maximum damage a rocket can do.
      In CoW 1.5, can someone please explain it?

For example, the statistics for a level 1 rocket say it has 16 strength against ground units, 10 against air & surface sea units, 5.2 against subs, 20 vs buildings, and 13.0 vs morale.

If one is fired on the center dot of a territory that contains an infantry unit, a light tank, an armored car, an interceptor, a tactical bomber, a barracks, an airfield, and has a morale of 100, what happens? Assuming nothing is moving, they're all located at the center dot, everything is level 1, doctrine is axis.

The infantry has 17 hit points - will he be reduced to 1?
      The armored car has 23 hit points, will it be reduced to 7?
      The light tank also has 23 hit points, will it be reduced to 7?
      The interceptor has 17 hit points, will it be reduced to 1?
      The Tactical bomber has 23 hit points, will it be reduced to 7?
      The barracks and airbase are undamaged, nothing tells me if they have hit points or not - will they be destroyed or partially damaged and if so how much?
      The morale of 100, will it be reduced to 87?

AND - the major question is do ALL of those things happen, or is there some limit on how much damage is done and if so what is the limit?
    • BeorntheBold wrote:

RBoi200 wrote:

BeorntheBold wrote:

The barracks and airbase are undamaged, nothing tells me if they have hit points or not - will they be destroyed or partially damaged and if so how much?
      Buildings have 40 hitpoints, I believe.
      Does that mean the rocket described above as having 20 strength vs structures will do 50% damage to one building and that's all?
      Yes, everything else you said seems right, although there is a randomness factor.
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BeorntheBold wrote:

If the rocket has 20 strength vs buildings and 16 strength vs infantry, does that mean it will inflict 16 pts damage on infantry units and 20 pts damage on structures, ignoring the random factor?
      I can't find anything that says otherwise. With the new update, damage will only be applied to ONE building, but I can't find anything that says it will only apply damage to ONE armor class(buildings are technically an armor class). If you think about it, rockets won't ONLY damage unarmored units and not damage any light armor when they attack.
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!