Oman Empire - All Nations All In

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• purplepizza117 wrote:

Day 28: I have taken all of French Africa and Liberia, as well as the Mongolian cities near my core provinces. The images show my mobilization to finally invade the Portuguese homeland -- I have been at war with him since Day 6 -- and from there, I will help my coalition mates launch an invasion of the British Isles. Enjoy: Oman Empire Day 28
      Oh man, it's Oman!
    • Day 32 Update:
      Photo link here: Oman Empire Day 32 photo

It's been a few days since I posted last, but we're in the home stretch of this match. The game ends in 11 days and my coalition only needs 300 more VP's to win the match.

In the past four days, I have taken all of Portugal, developed nuclear bombers, and started marching all my troops north to complete the final push to conquer Europe and Asia. The Free City of Danzig had about 80 VP's, purely off of revolts of cities that went in their favor, so I began attacking them and have taken two of their cities, and I'm attacking Danzig now. As you can also see in the second photo, I am gearing up for war with Switzerland, who has 100 VP's and has a decently small army.

In the meantime, Finland has declared war on me because of my global popularity and most other countries have embargoed me at this point. That's fine by me, as for a one-city minor, I have a GREAT economy! ;) I also now am in fifth place for VP's and have the biggest army of all my allies, Turkey included.

I have pretty much secured my allies until the end of the game by now. I'm essentially protecting Luxembourg and the Netherlands now, as they are some of the only player countries still left in the game (UK went inactive after we took much of British Africa and landed in British Isles). Manchukuo and Turkey are holding their own against Japan, but Venezuela is getting his butt kicked by Brazil, so that's something to worry about.

All in all, this is by far the most fun game of COW I think I've ever played. From being certain of impending doom as a country with one city to winning the match is quite the feat in my eyes, and I'm not sure I'll ever replicate it.
      It's been a while
    • purplepizza117 wrote:

Day 32 Update:

It's been a few days since I posted last, but we're in the home stretch of this match. The game ends in 11 days and my coalition only needs 300 more VP's to win the match.

In the past four days, I have taken all of Portugal, developed nuclear bombers, and started marching all my troops north to complete the final push to conquer Europe and Asia. The Free City of Danzig had about 80 VP's, purely off of revolts of cities that went in their favor, so I began attacking them and have taken two of their cities, and I'm attacking Danzig now. As you can also see in the second photo, I am gearing up for war with Switzerland, who has 100 VP's and has a decently small army.

In the meantime, Finland has declared war on me because of my global popularity and most other countries have embargoed me at this point. That's fine by me, as for a one-city minor, I have a GREAT economy! ;) I also now am in fifth place for VP's and have the biggest army of all my allies, Turkey included.

I have pretty much secured my allies until the end of the game by now. I'm essentially protecting Luxembourg and the Netherlands now, as they are some of the only player countries still left in the game (UK went inactive after we took much of British Africa and landed in British Isles). Manchukuo and Turkey are holding their own against Japan, but Venezuela is getting his butt kicked by Brazil, so that's something to worry about.

All in all, this is by far the most fun game of COW I think I've ever played. From being certain of impending doom as a country with one city to winning the match is quite the feat in my eyes, and I'm not sure I'll ever replicate it.
      if your not ally’s with turkey you should expand more into Russia Middle East europe or China.
      when being betrayed betray
    • Larry is god lol lol wrote:

purplepizza117 wrote:

Day 32 Update:

if your not ally’s with turkey you should expand more into Russia Middle East europe or China.
      he is in a coalition with turkey.
      “ To command is to serve, nothing more and nothing less.”

For support ticket click here

forum rank list(the better one)

join my discord server>discord.gg/nbydn7sEaS

:00010166:
    • purplepizza117 wrote:

Larry is god lol lol wrote:

purplepizza117 wrote:

Hey everyone! When the 'All Nations, All in' event came around a few weeks ago, I was so excited to choose a small country and try to take over the world. Therefore I bypassed Yugoslavia, Manchukuo, and British Egypt to choose OMAN. With such such a small country, the margin of error is extremely small, so I knew I was likely going to die within the first 5 days.

However, we're 21 days into the match and I'm doing much much better than I expected. I have 130 victory points and am in a coalition with Turkey, Venezuela, and Manchukuo. Not to get too cocky, but I'm excited to win this match :thumbup:

Click here to view the Oman Empire ! Hope you enjoy.
      crazy empire thiugh for a 1 city country
      Thanks man! I've been out of town for a few days for work and now I'm back, I'll be updating this thread again soon. In the meantime, look at this crazy rebellion: Chicago rebellion
      ***All of Chicago converts to Islam and learns Arabic and Turkish***

I have been fiddling with making artificial rebellions in capitals. Through 72 hrs of bombardment and 30 economic intel spies, I got DC (capital of US) to rebel and join Germany. It was great.
    • Day 34 Update:
      Photo link here: Oman Empire Day 34 **Make sure to scroll to bottom of the pictures to see the full empire!**

General update - In the last two days since the previous update, the Oman Empire has been very, very busy. First off, the AI countries of *checks notes* the UK, Switzerland, German Empire, and Italy declared war on me in the last two days. The UK declared war on me long before Switzerland did, so I pulled all my troops out of Swiss France to attack the UK and take some cities in conjunction with my two allies, Netherlands and Luxembourg. Yes, this means the unthinkable is happening... Oman, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands are invading the UK successfully. Lol what an awesome game!!

Greater Europe - I'm now up to 340 VP's and it will probably be somewhere in the 400's by Day 35. I finally defeated Danzig and took all 8 cities, and am now racking up city after city of undefended provinces that flipped to countries deep in the territory of my ally, Turkey. So far I have captured 6 Finnish and 2 Swiss cities that were buried in Turkish territory, and am making a move to go after Finnish Russia soon.

Africa - As for Africa, a lot of my current fighting is going on there. Italy, with all of Libya and several cities in Europe, declared war on me with an army of probably around 50 troops. At the same time, I was being invaded by British Africa. I did not have many troops in Africa as many had moved north and west, so troops were mass-produced and sent to Africa. Tobruk and the two surrounding cities were the Italian stronghold in Libya, holding 34 troops between the three provinces. My first nuclear bomb drop as Oman -- something I would've thought impossible at the start of this game -- was sent to Tobruk and actually killed all 34 troops on the first bomb. I marched in and took Tobruk and went through to Benghazi, having captured Tripoli from the sea on day 33. British Africa was actually very easy to march through, as the UK only had maybe 10 troops at most stationed there. I hope to have all of Africa complete by Day 36 and maybe even Day 35.

United Kingdom - Like I mentioned and as you can see on the Imgur post, the UK declared war on me, and I moved troops to invade it. Birmingham fell earlier today and Manchester will fall in the next hour. I have about 45 invasion force troops in and around the UK, and after destroying a 22-stack with just a battleship group earlier today, the rest of Great Britain will be a cakewalk. After the war I will be attacking Norway to take back Plymouth, which rebelled to them.

Russia - Oman troops are fighting Finland and Danzig in the far-away territories of Novosibirsk and Guryev. I have captured both, but Finnish troops are challenging mine at Novosibirsk again. Overall the invasion of enemy territories in Russia is extremely long and relatively unrewarding, as there are few cities. The wars out in the far western part of Russia will probably not be complete by the end of the game.

Summary - This article and these last two days have really been my piece de resistance of the entire Oman Empire journey. My coalition is now going to be at probably 2400 VP's, so my time as the Oman Empire is quickly coming to an end. The game will likely finish in the next two or three days and I'm very sad!!! ;( This has been the most fun I have ever had playing Call of War, and I appreciate everyone who's been interested in this story as well. I never thought I would be in a position as a one-city minor to win the game, but here we are!
      It's been a while
    • Well everyone... it happened. We won the game. :D ;( It's extremely bittersweet!
      Click here to see the final pictures: Oman Empire Final Update

I finished in 3rd place with 510 total Victory Points. Click the spoiler to see the list of all the cities I owned at the end of this game -- I bolded all the ones that I felt were pretty crazy that I took as Oman.

Display Spoiler
      Algiers, Amsterdam, Basra, Benghazi, Birmingham (UK), Bologna, Capetown, Constantine, Copenhagen, Danzig, Doha, Durban, Edinburgh, Erfurt, Gaborone, Gothenburg, Guryev, Ivanovo, Konigsberg, Krakow, Leopoldville, Libreville, Lisbon, Lodz, London, Luanda, Malmo, Manchester, Marrakech, Mecca, Monrovia, Moscow, Muscat, Nampula, Oran, Oryol, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria, Pristina, Riyadh, Rome, Sheffield, Stalino, Stuttgart, Tobruk, Tripoli, Voronezh, Wilno, Windhoek, Zagreb, Zurich.

Overall this was a very fun game, probably my favorite game I've ever played. It was rewarding and probably the first time Oman has helped win a game -- and next time another All Countries All In event takes place, I will be trying to replicate my success here!
      It's been a while
    • Heya,

Apologies, took me a lot of time to get back to your thread (or to finish my own), but now it is done.

First - congratulation. Unlike me with the Dominicans, you encountered real active players resistance, while I just anniliated AI as my enemies kept getting inactive one day before I reached them. Great job.

It looks like the winning move was seizing Africa : the two local powers are not that powerful (though your battle was South Africa was epic and probably what put you in the winning track) and the colonial powers are quite far away so can be challenged. From there, you had the economy to usefully playing "support" to a more powerful Turkey, while being relatively away from harms. You even survived getting inactive.

Unlike me, it seems you discarded the option of building a real fleet, and instead developped your land army and (later) planes - do I understand correctly ?

Again, excellent job ! It looks indeed like a VERY exciting game.
    • Chimere wrote:

Heya,

Apologies, took me a lot of time to get back to your thread (or to finish my own), but now it is done.

First - congratulation. Unlike me with the Dominicans, you encountered real active players resistance, while I just anniliated AI as my enemies kept getting inactive one day before I reached them. Great job.

It looks like the winning move was seizing Africa : the two local powers are not that powerful (though your battle was South Africa was epic and probably what put you in the winning track) and the colonial powers are quite far away so can be challenged. From there, you had the economy to usefully playing "support" to a more powerful Turkey, while being relatively away from harms. You even survived getting inactive.

Unlike me, it seems you discarded the option of building a real fleet, and instead developped your land army and (later) planes - do I understand correctly ?

Again, excellent job ! It looks indeed like a VERY exciting game.
      Thank you brother! Just had the pleasure of seeing your Dominican Republic game for (somehow) the first time. I'm in awe at how well you played your game, in a very different way than me; you are right in that I really never developed a fleet until very, very late game. Towards the end of the game I still think I only had about 12 total ships. In fact, I almost primarily relied on my land army, as my air force was really nothing special until the last couple days with atomic bombers.

Seriously man, next time this event is back, let's hop into a game or two and see what kind of damage we can do. It'd be fun. :)
      It's been a while
    • I wish i still played cow then we could fight
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength