AI diplomacy Improvement ideas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AI diplomacy Improvement ideas

Hi, it's the first time I'm using this thread albeit being in the game for almost 3 years now.
      My suggestions will be on AI actions and how they can be improved and possibly make some AI-related bugs less impactful and frustrating for most players and of course add depth into AI gameplay. I shall number them for simplicity.

1- AI response time. Having to wait 24 hours for AI to answer kills the possibility to feel some closure to AI. It needs to be reduced to immediate response or a 1-2 hour delay.

2- Direct trading possibility with AIs. This includes every type of trade minus province. The chance of acceptance should be determined upon popularity with target AI. This way players can propose peace or have more direct means of trade to improve their popularity with target AI.

3- In historic scenarios, AIs must have a "favour" system. For example, Soviet AI being more reluctant to attack China, Germany having initial high popularity with Italy etc. The system can be refined further by reducing or increasing popularity penalties with different AIs based on their historic stance with each other.

4- AIs need to have a sense of "despair". Despair sense or percentage will affect the likelihood of accepting peace offers. For example, if a player inflicts a certain amount of damage to units or infrastructure he\she or AI may propose a peace agreement and AI will accept it out of despair and if the player brakes peace before a certain day count (it can be a week or 2) then popularity with all AIs in the map takes massive hit thus preventing exploitation of this system by players. This is a very important addition since it may counter random AI bugs which makes AI spawn units in provinces.

5- A "declare war to X country" option for AIs. Now, this is a bit tricky addition and I can understand if devs will think this is unnecessary. Basically what it does is, when a player has over 70-80% popularity with target AI, the player can send AI a request to declare war to a country that the player currently at war with and the chance of AI to accept this proposal will depend on 2 things - popularity between player and target AI and popularity between target AI and the enemy.

These improvements in my opinion will be extremely helpful if not vital for players in Historic world maps, especially in the endgame since most players tend to leave historic maps quite often and the remaining players are at the mercy of aggressive AIs.

Thanks for reading so far.