Overstacking

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• vietcong2005 wrote:

One problem is that I hate when people just stack tons of units together and they have the exactly the same unit. For example, this player literally spammed 15 medium tanks in early game. Since, my bombers weren't upgraded that much yet it didn't do much damage. My units had much more diversity than his. He defeated many of my units before I managed to destroy that stack. I believe that call of war should reward unit diversity more.
      cant you produce some anti tanks it is cheap
    • 15 medium tanks is a pretty tough stack early game... they hit hard and soak up loads of damage. So if you're trying to fight it with infantry, light armor, and the like, yeah you'll lose big no matter how diversified you are. 25-30 rubbish units simply aren't as strong as them.

In general, being diversified pays very well!
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

15 medium tanks is a pretty tough stack early game... they hit hard and soak up loads of damage. So if you're trying to fight it with infantry, light armor, and the like, yeah you'll lose big no matter how diversified you are. 25-30 rubbish units simply aren't as strong as them.

True, though you can stop 15 medium tank of "early game" (so let's say day 8 // level 3) with maybe 8-10 Tank Destroyers level 2, provided you are in defense and not in field.
      If you catch them in forest (and there is a chance a dude with 15 medium tanks early game is careless), you can maybe remove them with 7 US tank destroyers level 2.
    • Chimere wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

15 medium tanks is a pretty tough stack early game... they hit hard and soak up loads of damage. So if you're trying to fight it with infantry, light armor, and the like, yeah you'll lose big no matter how diversified you are. 25-30 rubbish units simply aren't as strong as them.

True, though you can stop 15 medium tank of "early game" (so let's say day 8 // level 3) with maybe 8-10 Tank Destroyers level 2, provided you are in defense and not in field.If you catch them in forest (and there is a chance a dude with 15 medium tanks early game is careless), you can maybe remove them with 7 US tank destroyers level 2.
      I agree
      when being betrayed betray
    • MiloK32 wrote:

MILITIA!?
      Militia are a cheap and fast-to-produce unit. Their role isn't only defending against infantry and surprise, but often their hp. Lv1 militias are more useful for that though. The more units you add to an army, the less damage the army will receive. A unit in your army receives the damage output of the enemy army against its armour class, divided by the size of your army. So, if you add militia and make the army 4x larger in that way, each of the units will be receiving 4x less damage. Though it's true that those militias don't have high hitpoints and will get destroyed after a time, they will for some time give a large advantage to you. You're receiving less damage, so your damage efficiency goes down slower and you gain an advantage over your enemy. It's the beginning of the battle that has the most impact - if you lose strength at the beginning, lower strength throughout the battle will also make your enemy deal more damage to you without receiving more damage back. So he will get even more effective at lowering your strength without losing much of his own. This will snowball and the beginning just largely affects the whole battle. This is why such "meatshield" units like militia are useful.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
    • Hornetkeeper wrote:

MiloK32 wrote:

MILITIA!?
      Militia are a cheap and fast-to-produce unit. Their role isn't only defending against infantry and surprise, but often their hp. Lv1 militias are more useful for that though. The more units you add to an army, the less damage the army will receive. A unit in your army receives the damage output of the enemy army against its armour class, divided by the size of your army. So, if you add militia and make the army 4x larger in that way, each of the units will be receiving 4x less damage. Though it's true that those militias don't have high hitpoints and will get destroyed after a time, they will for some time give a large advantage to you. You're receiving less damage, so your damage efficiency goes down slower and you gain an advantage over your enemy. It's the beginning of the battle that has the most impact - if you lose strength at the beginning, lower strength throughout the battle will also make your enemy deal more damage to you without receiving more damage back. So he will get even more effective at lowering your strength without losing much of his own. This will snowball and the beginning just largely affects the whole battle. This is why such "meatshield" units like militia are useful.
      thanks help channel guy
      "So as long as there are men, there will always be wars"- Albert Einstein

"Football is a game of deceit"- Diego Maradona. Call of war is to.
    • the only problem i have with lvl 1 militia is there absurdly slow pace, usually in later game i upgrade my militia to lvl 3 which acts like a lvl 4 infantry with stealth.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Depends on the doctrine. If I'm Pan-Asian, I might actually bother with militia, but as Allied doctrine, I would play with heavy tanks more often, due to their quick mobilization and large hp. Allied doctrine speed reduction + militia = disaster. As allies, paratroopers and commandos aren't left out, due to the production speed reduction, so you can get one per day with the appropriate buildings. When Axis, I wouldn't use militia in late stages of the game, mostly medium tanks, railroad guns, attack bombers and mot infantry (not limited to). However, militia is effective in pan asian doctrine, due to low hp. I wouldn't use them as barbecue shields, but rather as border defense. They're good to post at international borders with your artillery behind (pan asian).

MiloK32 wrote:

thanks help channel guy

LoL Hornet is much better than his stats make you think. Knowledge usually beats power, and if I remember correctly, he had over 1 for both ratios. (getting confused with CarnifexPlays)
      If you say there are no limits in the world, why do you say to keep trying until you get something right? There is no limit of wrong answers, you're wasting your life away for a goal you can never reach. :00002178:

-Alexandera Nevsky
    • Allies Heavy tank and Quick mobilisation? I think i just heard an oxymoronic statement or rather you are referring to Quick production times @Alexandera Nevsky. Still wont consider this to be Quick mobilisation of the already produced units.
      In Defensive wars they can be faster than an enemy army, but In offensive wars?
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Hornetkeeper wrote:

I see two problems here:
      - Speed: they are one of the slowest units in the game and they will slow your stack down. Infantry however have the same speed like AA, Artillery and AT which makes those a perfect combination. Militia would just slow you down.
      - Production cost: producing a militia costs almost the same as an infantry unit. However I find infantry more versatile and better to use on the offensive.
      - Manpower: militia costs a bit more manpower then infantry but as stated before they are less versatile and in my opinion inferior to infantry

I see militia more as a defensive ambush unit in forests and cities where they are at their best and get a bonus. They can also be used as an HP booster in your naval stacks if you upgraded transport ship. I see however no role for militia in the offensive.

BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

Allies Heavy tank and Quick mobilisation? I think i just heard an oxymoronic statement or rather you are referring to Quick production times @Alexandera Nevsky. Still wont consider this to be Quick mobilisation of the already produced units.
      In Defensive wars they can be faster than an enemy army, but In offensive wars?
      Mobolization is the term for production in CoN